Wierd Amumu Build I tried

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tekman

12-13-2009

i just tried out a build i was thinking about. It has to do with the chalice of harmony and NEVER getting any +mana items. This makes sure that you are missing a bigger % of ur mana, thus getting more regen. Basically I skipped picking up a RoA. It worked out pretty good.

I ended up with warmogs, sunfire, chalice, the 40% reduce boots, guardian angel, and that new item that looks like a clown face. I had a philo stone towards the beginning. It basically allowed me to run Despair constantly and I could kill like a mob of 20 creeps in 2 seconds, and had some decent MR/armor and HP.

Thoughts?

I tried taking a post game SS with F12 but I can't find it =/

Tekman

12-13-2009

best I can do for a SS:

Indecent

12-13-2009

I'm level 30 and amumu is a terrible champion. I try to play him and I do well but then in teamfights I deal 0 damage and get focused down like a twitch with no mana. I'm curious at to what your supposed to do if your teammates are not good.

JohnCataldo

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecent View Post
I'm curious at to what your supposed to do if your teammates are not good.
Typically, if your team is worse than the other team, you lose.

Tekman

12-13-2009

Hmmm am i on to something?

Right after I got the Warmog's, i was getting jumped like 3 v 1 and end up killing 2 of them and have the 3rd one running away.

Endgame weakness I see is not having a slot for wards/oracle pots (i think this is total BS and a prob with the game bc 1 champ should not take away ur ability to hold another item)

AmyOverlord

12-13-2009

I thought people focused more on AP with Amumu or something. o.o

My friend who plays Amumu is very good at him. Gets loads of kills.

Indecent

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCataldo View Post
Typically, if your team is worse than the other team, you lose.
Typically, I've won by myself on ocassion. Even with tanks like Malephite, but Amumu is ....idk.

discoboy

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekman View Post
NEVER getting any +mana items. This makes sure that you are missing a bigger % of ur mana, thus getting more regen.
This is incorrect.

Example: Two Amumus, one with 500 max mana, one with 1000 max mana both have 0 mp. They would both have 0% mana remaining and get the full chalice boost, and still have equal mana. Let's say - 10. 10/1000 is less % than 10/500, thus the amumu with more max mana gets more regen.

Tekman

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy View Post
This is incorrect.

Example: Two Amumus, one with 500 max mana, one with 1000 max mana both have 0 mp. They would both have 0% mana remaining and get the full chalice boost, and still have equal mana. Let's say - 10. 10/1000 is less % than 10/500, thus the amumu with more max mana gets more regen.
Are you saying bc it takes longer to fill up the mana if you have more, you have more regen for longer? Meh, its a decent point but I don't think it really matters much in game.

bc the main thing you are trying to keep up is despair which isnt *that* mana intensive

Adalonus

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekman View Post
Are you saying bc it takes longer to fill up the mana if you have more, you have more regen for longer? Meh, its a decent point but I don't think it really matters much in game.

bc the main thing you are trying to keep up is despair which isnt *that* mana intensive
He's right. I thought about this earlier too. It is chalice is more beneficial the more mana you have.

If one has 100 mana and the other has 1000 mana and you both start off with 0 so 100% mana regen off chalice

by the time you get to 50, the 100 is only at 50% where the 1000 is 95%. This allows for more spells faster on the larger pool because he constantly is at a high rate when low on mana where lower mana pools offer more of a variable regen.