Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hey Nasus fans!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZenonTheStoic

Champion Designer

06-18-2013

I'm working on a change where the damage that Nasus gets from his Q is shown as a number on a buff, so you no longer have to mouse-over his Q as Nasus / as a spectator to see the number. This also means that the number will be exposed to Nasus' allies and enemies. UI-wise the number easily scales into 5 digits, so I hope that even in super-long games nothing will break visually.

My question to you all is this: are you at all concerned with the enemy having access to this information? Would you say that we are exposing information that wasn't previously exposed at all? Anything else that strikes you as problematic about this change?

MTempty

06-18-2013

cool stuff. thanks for the quality of life change. Also, I don't think knowing how much farm Nasus has will make a huge difference. Its not like you can do anything against it. You are probably trying to deny him farm anyhow.

Raiyn

06-18-2013

I'm not an avid Nasus player, but I'm also the one with friends screaming "God we have to end this early before he stacks up"

I think actually knowing what he's at in terms of Q adds a little bit more urgency to 'Target Nasus' or "end early" etc.

Mjaxon

06-18-2013

I feel that his Q info shouldn't be revealed to Nasus' enemies. They can peak at the scoreboard and guess his Q, but the actual number should be kept secret. I like the surprise eviscerations.

The MechE

06-18-2013

Thank you for this.

Quote:
Mjaxon:
It shouldn't be revealed to Nasus' enemies.

While this might be a problem at higher elos (definitely not where I am), I don't feel power should come from hidden statistics.

Pachrique

06-18-2013

I want the enemy ad to be surprised when I smack them in the face with a 1k damage Q.

Bagz2

06-18-2013

i dont see anything wrong with it, I mean whenever theres an enemy nasus i jsut assume that about 1/3 of his cs has a q stack on it and it seems pretty accurate, either that or theres always the handy guide of jus tgettinghit with it and seeing how much it hurts.

BrandNameZombie

06-18-2013

The enemy should fear me when that number exceeds there CS

i say let them see it

Respawn

Recruiter

06-18-2013

Sounds good.

DeathByWaffle

06-18-2013

I think it wouldn't be too big of a deal considering that most players can pretty much know roughly how much damage a Nasus will be doing based on the time and their CS (ie, 300 Nasus gonna be doing lots of damage while 30 cs Nasus not so much). However, I feel that it's better to not allow the enemy to get any additional information because that's never helpful.

In short, I don't want the enemy to see Nasus' Q's numbers.