Sion and the Sunfire Cloak

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leveh

12-13-2009

I'm wondering. Since Sion gets some extra HP permanently each killing blow he deals, are Sunfire cloaks any good for him? I need more people opinions.

Monxide

12-13-2009

I dont think that sion has some troubles with farming due his crazy last hit ability and shield on the ap build.
Just my 2 c

Yorgie

12-13-2009

For farming creeps, Death's Caress already does a fantastic job. With a little AP boost, it wipes out entire waves of minions with one activation and adds it all to your HP using Enrage.

So imo, Sunfire Cloak seems subpar on Sion.

Leveh

12-13-2009

Well my build is pure Melee depending, I am using as low mana as possible while focusing on killing enemies in 1 spell bar rotation.

JohnCataldo

12-13-2009

Sunfire Cape is fine on Sion. Sion has many builds, though, so it may or may not be for you.

Tank / AP / DPS? Sometimes in mid/late game (if the game is running long) I'll get a Sunfire Cape anyway, or at least the Giant's Belt intending to build a Cape, if I need a little more survivability. Since you expect to stun someone and walk up and hit them, the Cape is still fine in combat as well.

Obviously it's more useful on a Tank Sion build.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2009

Sion can increase his natural HP more easily then any other champion in the game. Why spend money on Giant's Belt if you can just farm that HP?

Leveh

12-13-2009

So as a melee mostly DMG Sion, should I or should I not buy the cape?

I get aprox 3.5k - 4k health per match when I focus on damage items, if I go tank I reach up to 4.5k, is that enough to play without cape?

JohnCataldo

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
Sion can increase his natural HP more easily then any other champion in the game. Why spend money on Giant's Belt if you can just farm that HP?
The goal of items is to increase over what you have. This isn't a terribly logical argument. If you think you need +475 health, then you need +475 health. Some people would say Cho shouldn't buy Warmogs either, I suppose, and maybe they are right, but that's not the end of the debate. =)

Besides, you need 159 kills as Sion (assuming level 5 Enrage) to equal a Giant's Belt. Yes, Sion will naturally have higher health than most champions, but 159 is not a trivial number of kills.

Sion doesn't have so much health that you automatically avoid it, even when tanking. You can't just get armor and MR instead.

JohnCataldo

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveh View Post
So as a melee mostly DMG Sion, should I or should I not buy the cape?

I get aprox 3.5k - 4k health per match when I focus on damage items, if I go tank I reach up to 4.5k, is that enough to play without cape?
However much you want a simple answer, there isn't one.

If your opponents are all magical damage, Sunfire Cape is probably stupid since the armor component is largely wasted. If you are repeatedly getting chopped up by Yi, it could be very good (but maybe still not the best item; Warden's and Thornmail *might* be better?)

If you never ever die without a Sunfire Cape, then you probably don't need it regardless of other considerations. If you die constantly, play someone else. =)

Leveh

12-13-2009

I die very rarely. Big DMG and fast attack speed + Ultimate is a key to stay alive while being a DMG tank XD

I have no problems staying alive or killing enemies once I reach lv 10 ( then my Sion becomes ultimate killing machine ).

But at lower levels, I am a bit fragile as auto-attack only depending Champion. Thats why I asked of the cape would be useful to buff my health up in very start of game.