Grumpy Monkey's Art Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
Zomg... this just unlocked so many possibilities in my mind... Hoverboard must be done, but also--much more sweet Zaun-tech across the board...

I want the female Zaunite to kick-ass with all kinds of gadgets & perhaps a cyborg eye.

Give her an ult like Lux's mixed with Samus' Final Smash in Brawl (directable, sustained beam that can slowly shift direction)... albeit weaker and shorter-ranged.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBqv8GQMFlI (@1:29)
I think I read somewhere that they've tested sustained beamy things like that and it had issues, due to connectivity and latency.

I could be wrong, though.

Dextii

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Look up a program called Sculptris I do believe it is free and is very similar to zbrush. It would be a good program to fiddle with. In fact i'll do you a solid, here is the link: http://pixologic.com/sculptris/ Have fun!
Is your job to model champions? And what else do you do?

I want to have something to do with art, but I don't know if I want to do graphic art/pencil paper art or 3D art.

Tortferngatr

06-21-2013

Quote:
Love it. Oh man what if the Ult was you could place two halves of a ramp on two areas and jump to each? So you could jump across midlane and drop damage or place one at river bush and one on the other side for crazy ganks. Hmmm this idea is intriguing...
The joke MUST somehow reference City Escape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCs42XSwI-c

Bicko

06-21-2013

Why was Master Yi's beard removed? In my opinion, it was as iconic as his sword-boots.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

06-21-2013
10 of 34 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextii View Post
Is your job to model champions? And what else do you do?

I want to have something to do with art, but I don't know if I want to do graphic art/pencil paper art or 3D art.
Hey Dextii, I model the champions, paint their textures, and help solve art related bugs sometimes. When I have spare time I help with champion team, and skin team. I concept (draw) champion ideas and skins from time to time as well. Sometimes I get to help with cinematics or merch development. I love my job

dafedidi

06-21-2013

Do you have some help from artist(pencil one, guys like Ironstylus) ?

Do they give you some 2D model of the champion you have to model in 3D ?

Ionian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2013

Cool!

Do you happen to have a recording of the speed sculpting for Master Yi? It'd be awesome to see the work put into that model, hehe.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

06-22-2013
11 of 34 Riot Posts

Quote:
... I model the champions, paint their textures, and help solve art related bugs sometimes. ...
And do an excellent job of it, at that.

Warrikon

06-22-2013

oo, imam try sculptris nao.

Also as if grumpy is also a bug finder!!! :0

edit: damn this is so hard to come up with a definite theme... so many cool looking ways to put my person! D:<

Q: is sculptris just for the face?

edit: A: no its not! :0

totes cool

i ended up doing all weird symbols and stuff because they were easier to do lol

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

06-22-2013
12 of 34 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafedidi View Post
Do you have some help from artist(pencil one, guys like Ironstylus) ?

Do they give you some 2D model of the champion you have to model in 3D ?
Yeah that is pretty much how it goes. Ironstylus and I sit right next to eachother, eat lunch together, and go for long walks on the beach. He will make a concept, and I will model it. Lately though we have been swapping tasks. He has been helping out with modeling and I have been drawing.

Quote:
RiotAmes

And do an excellent job of it, at that.
Awww thanks homie.