Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Featured] Master Yi visual upgrade and kit rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Retarded Clown

06-18-2013

Quote:
Khristophoros:
"His kit should still feel familiar to both AP and AD enthusiasts, and we're hoping to retain most of the fun aspects of both playstyles."

Sounds good!

edit: Except I don't like the sound of merging both builds. Champs with one build are boring and it's like why not just auto-buy the items for you? Players should be able to alter how the champion plays with their item choices. I tend to only enjoy a few champions because most champs are so railroaded into their builds now.

Sounds good but Riot are notorious for watering everything down and assuming it's in line with their goals.

e.g. they release aatrox saying they wanted to give someone sustain power and a passive that can change fights. Aatrox is able to do Ok because of his ranged slow and knockup, but his passive W sustain and passive are both pretty useless in most situations...that sustain is never going to keep him in lane and that passive is never going to keep him in a fight in which he managed to die...in fights aatrox either does it right and doesn't even get to use his passive, or he gets killed, activate passive and then killed again.

Master Yi rework is probably gonna add needless skillshots, some form of unecessary scaling spell damage, massive hits on his dps, slow invul, AS, and resets and as I can see hits on his damage and meditate as well.

Not stoked at all for this rework to a good champion that provides a unique playstyle that Riot no longer has the capability of providing on its champions

Balfourthejedi

06-18-2013

ap yi finally going away. wootz. all the ap yis...nothing but nooblords nooblords nooblords nooblords nooblords nooblords nooblords nooblords nooblords nooblords

Arctic Bro

06-18-2013

Will his skins be upgraded as well?
It will be much sweeter if I tried them on my smurfs 1st ;D

I Called Support

06-18-2013

Hello, I know you say "in an upcoming patch" and with this, that means anything can change and you don't want to release to much info on "when"

but does this mean -any- chance at all, it means THIS pbe cycle? thank you very much!

KiteAzure

06-18-2013

give back his pointy beard wtf riot plz

Balfourthejedi

06-18-2013

Quote:
Daeyr:
Rip my favorite champ

Daeyr is a Nooblord
Daeyr is a Nooblord
Daeyr is a Nooblord
Daeyr is a Nooblord
Daeyr is a Nooblord
Daeyr is a Nooblord
Daeyr is a Nooblord
Daeyr is a Nooblord
Daeyr is a Nooblord
Daeyr is a Nooblord

Splinterheart

06-18-2013

Epic.

Fateborn

06-18-2013

I came ocean

noxikon

06-18-2013

lol

took away ap yi viability.

never played again...

Starving Wolf

06-18-2013

QUESTIONS! Will Master Yi's relaunch come with any other special events? Will it be patch 3.9 or sooner? Will he receive any new skins after the relaunch, or was the overhaul more than enough for that department?