This client is so horrible...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Mondo

06-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
There's nothing inherently wrong with AIR, and in fact the vast majority of our playerbase experiences the game with few PVP.net problems.
That's not what CodeMaster said

He even made it clear that using AIR was something higher-ups decided to cut costs, despite knowing that in the long run a client made from scratch would have been far superior.

Chaoswyrm

06-18-2013

^ so much of my points being proven..

Now let's wait for the screenshot or forum quote of the person doing exactly what I said; proving that said staff member is contradicting a statement he/she or another staff member said.

On another note, they kind of used the same kinds of excuses as to why we can't have forum avatars. The reality is that it just isn't a priority to them, so instead of telling us outright or at least considering it, we get random coding excuses.

Inb4 some random user posts a third party program or google chrome app that allows users to use custom avatars and share them in some kind of server.. showing them how easy it was.. oh wait.. it's already been done :/

Kahgro

Recruiter

06-18-2013

Quote:
Again, that's not a consequence of AIR itself. That's a consequence of the way the core of the client works. Efforts are being undertaken to improve the performance of the client and reduce the footprint, but there's no simple "Use less RAM" switch that can be flipped.

All I can do is ask for your patience; there's a lot of solid engineering being poured into the AIR client that you'll begin to experience in short order and that's not a 'soon' kind of promise. It's a "next patch, and the patch after that, and the one after that". Hang in there guys.
So what you're saying is that we're stuck with this tumor known as Adobe Air for the rest of eternity. Right?

Mister Mondo

06-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodHarvest View Post
^ so much of my points being proven..

Now let's wait for the screenshot or forum quote of the person doing exactly what I said; proving that said staff member is contradicting a statement he/she or another staff member said.
the problem is that CodeMaster got fired after a hacking incident.

YellowDog7

06-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentK McMahon View Post
Seriously **** you riot. You guy's have the WORST client i have ever seen in my entire 9 years of gaming.

You guys give us no hope on a new client. I'm getting disconnected so many times because you can't invest anytime into making a new one or just fixing the ****ty one you have now.

I'm done spending money on this company. You guy's are so lazy it's not even funny.
Adobe Air has proven itself a boss programming language for writing clients. No way can they spend the the 10ks it would take to replace it.

UrsaMinor

06-18-2013

Quote:
Again, that's not a consequence of AIR itself. That's a consequence of the way the core of the client works. Efforts are being undertaken to improve the performance of the client and reduce the footprint, but there's no simple "Use less RAM" switch that can be flipped.

All I can do is ask for your patience; there's a lot of solid engineering being poured into the AIR client that you'll begin to experience in short order and that's not a 'soon' kind of promise. It's a "next patch, and the patch after that, and the one after that". Hang in there guys.
It's been like this for ages. Patience has dried up.

xFaII

06-18-2013

Quote:
there's a lot of solid engineering being poured into the AIR client that you'll begin to experience in short order and that's not a 'soon' kind of promise. It's a "next patch, and the patch after that, and the one after that". Hang in there guys.
Thanks for this

RainForrestGump

06-18-2013

Listen here Riot punks, when I pay the princely sum of $0.00 to play this game, I expect the Maserati of all clients. It is just selfish of you to pocket that lump of dinero! >;(

Xedrox

06-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsaMinor View Post
It's been like this for ages. Patience has dried up.
agreed...also i cant even play in fullscreen anymore it loads in the top right corner now :/

Admiral Will

06-18-2013

Damiya, you're saying fixing the client is like fixing an airplane mid-air. Why not take down the servers for a day, I personally wouldn't mind to have the client fixed.