This client is so horrible...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irrwi

Senior Member

06-18-2013

never had issues except when their server provider went down and everyone kept DCing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VincentK McMahon

Member

06-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragtao View Post
Works fine for me kid
Cool, kid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaoswyrm

Senior Member

06-18-2013

Let's be honest here, this isn't a priority to them. A lot of things aren't a priority to RIOT at the moment, so it won't be done until they have time or not at all. People will continue to upvote their posts just because it's a RIOT staff member talking tech and "omg he gave an explanation! idk what all this AIR and client stuff means but he said some computer words and works for riot! upvote! all members arguing with staff are probably QQ trolls!"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

t0ss

Senior Member

06-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentK McMahon View Post
Seriously **** you riot. You guy's have the WORST client i have ever seen in my entire 9 years of gaming.

You guys give us no hope on a new client. I'm getting disconnected so many times because you can't invest anytime into making a new one or just fixing the ****ty one you have now.

I'm done spending money on this company. You guy's are so lazy it's not even funny.
I seriously think you haven't been gaming 9 years if you say this is the worst client you've ever used. If you have, you didnt play many different games. I rarely run into client issues, but they have happend. However, the notion that riot is just lazy only shows your lack of knowledge in both programming and management. It's easy to be the condescending jerk sitting from the outside looking in. But you aren't the team sitting in their office tankering with the janga tower hoping this one piece can be moved without knocking it all down.

The consumer mindset is so arrogant and jaded it's a miracle that businesses can keep working. Nothing is ever good enough, no one is ever satisfied, and a compliment is rarely given, if it is, it's often in a obligatory passive gesture lost amongst the sea of man/women-children stomping their feet because one thing isn't perfect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaoswyrm

Senior Member

06-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodHarvest View Post
Let's be honest here, this isn't a priority to them. A lot of things aren't a priority to RIOT at the moment, so it won't be done until they have time or not at all. People will continue to upvote their posts just because it's a RIOT staff member talking tech and "omg he gave an explanation! idk what all this AIR and client stuff means but he said some computer words and works for riot! upvote! all members arguing with staff are probably QQ trolls!"
Quoting my own post because I can~

Nobody here should even be making other claims as the why RIOT hasn't done anything about it. Not a priority, will not work on it.

It's been this way for many other subjects on the forum..

Forum member providing logical a arguing and/or facts of the subject < Riot staff doing the same.

Point is, RIOT staff will always be correct unless a forum member takes a screenshot or quotes of said member contradicting himself/herself/ or another staff member. AKA Surprise Party Fid, etc. etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

t0ss

Senior Member

06-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodHarvest View Post
Quoting my own post because I can~

Nobody here should even be making other claims as the why RIOT hasn't done anything about it. Not a priority, will not work on it.

It's been this way for many other subjects on the forum..
They just rolled out ui changes, and just stated they have people on it...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaoswyrm

Senior Member

06-18-2013

Son, those UI changes were a part of the in game client.. which isn't broken..

See my point? doesn't know what he's talking about but RIOT is right!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bat Fetcher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodHarvest View Post
Son, those UI changes were a part of the in game client.. which isn't broken..

See my point? doesn't know what he's talking about but RIOT is right!
^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-18-2013

It's like if Dodge rolled out a brand new Caravan with square wheels. That's nice. It could be the most advanced, family safe, technological wonder of the day. But it doesn't take an expert to sit back and say "Gee, I bet it would run better if it didn't have those square wheels."

And hell. Some of us have the knowledge to change wheels on a car. That's not us condescending Riot for their ridiculous programming. It's just us, being mystified at why they put so much effort into a system that was obviously doomed to be terrible from its inception. And then continue to do so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaoswyrm

Senior Member

06-18-2013

I won't even go as far as saying it's Ridiculous of them and bad of them for programming it that way. They acknowledged that the only reason why they used it was because it was all they had access to at the time, which is fine. However, they now have the ability to put work into a new one but don't want because it's too much work and they don't have time for it.

Not a priority, will not work on it.