This client is so horrible...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damiya

Technical Analyst

06-18-2013
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMew View Post
And I have two.
You know long it's been since I saw my normal win/loss count?
Or since I actually got to honor or report someone?
Or you know, actually play without having to log in for every single game?
This client is trash in every aspect.
If you're crashing after games, that sounds like a symptom of LolReplay.

Do you have it installed?

Xivilai Anaxes

06-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post

I've had problems with client borking it after games, but I installed LoLReplay long after such.

Hell I keep it off most of the time and only use it to spectate with lolscouter

Janna F Kennedy

06-18-2013

nerf nunu

Kahgro

Recruiter

06-18-2013

Quote:
I can't comment on long term strategy and things we aren't or are doing, but I will say that the 'clunky and unresponsive' feeling is definitely something that will be addressed.

The recently reworked Runes page speak to the responsiveness; it's written in our newer technology (A Flash-based framework instead of Flex-based) and is both more responsive and easier to modify and maintain.

Again, I can't get into specific long term plans, but we're aware of the clunkiness and steps are being taken to alleviate some of that pain
Honestly, thank you.

spikerdude

06-18-2013

My biggest problem with the client (I think that's the cause?) is a major bug after champion select. Once I try to load into the game, the game window is an incredibly small screen (Maybe a twenty by twenty pixel square?) that I can't fix. I have this problem about...50% of my games (Both on Live and PBE) When this happens, I have to force quit the process and try to load into the game another 2-4 times before I can actually load in. What's the cause of this?

Tyrannus0

06-18-2013

Quote:

I don't and I have these issues.

Luna Wolf

06-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryios View Post
The client is definitely bad. Users with custom built 1200$ gaming rigs, with I52500k's, SSD's, Top end grapics cards, and Fios internet or cable internet at 50mbps+ have these problems just like everyone else.
Glad to know I'm not missing out here with my ****ty computer.

Damiya

Technical Analyst

06-18-2013
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xivilai Anaxes View Post
I've had problems with client borking it after games, but I installed LoLReplay long after such.

Hell I keep it off most of the time and only use it to spectate with lolscouter
To the best of my knowledge we don't have any reproducible crashes that are unrelated to LoLReplay. That's not to say there aren''t any, but both myself and other members of the Front End team have spent a lot of time looking into people saying that they're crashing and haven't been able to do it on demand in a debugging environment.

That makes it *exceptionally* hard to fix the problems that people report. I'm sure you guys don't like hearing that, but I'm trying to be as candid as I can here because my interest is in both informing the playerbase and fixing the problems that y'all face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikerdude View Post
My biggest problem with the client (I think that's the cause?) is a major bug after champion select. Once I try to load into the game, the game window is an incredibly small screen (Maybe a twenty by twenty pixel square?) that I can't fix. I have this problem about...50% of my games (Both on Live and PBE) When this happens, I have to force quit the process and try to load into the game another 2-4 times before I can actually load in. What's the cause of this?
This sounds like a game client bug and unfortunately I can't speak with any authority to those. I work on PVP.Net (i.e. everything up to and including champion select)

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2013

Well, since this has kind of turned into tech support for the client: Anybody else have issues with the client crashing when you try to close it? I pretty much have to use task manager to close LoL now.

spikerdude

06-18-2013

Thanks for the quick reply Damiya!

One thing I will say about the client though. I have a laptop. While I always play games with a mouse, I don't constantly have it plugged in while i'm online. It's incredibly annoying not being able to scroll down in the store without a mouse. Can you comment on if that will be fixed down the road?