Scared Of Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClokWorkGamz

06-17-2013

I'm am a little scared of playing ranked iv'e been level 30 for a long time now and i have almost 1000 wins but i don't want to to just be on normal forever i want to play ranked but i'm scared that i might mess up my team i think i'm good enough but i don't know if i should start playing ranked.
I would like suggestions on if and when to start playing ranked and how to practice for it.
thank you

Scklyic

06-17-2013

Yeah, I haven't played ranked since season 1, when I had much less expirience.. So I'm just practicing to carry myself >_>, not sure when I'll get the motivation to actually try ranked again. It was pretty horrible starting in s1, I doubt much changed.

Allorim

06-17-2013

Am I the only one that thinks being scared of ranked is beyond stupid. Like, not enjoying it and that's why you don't do it is fine. But why scared o.0

shalexade

06-17-2013

Get in there mate!

There's a bit of a jump in tempo between normals and ranked, but you never know until you get in!

Yes, there are ragers and jerks, but for the most part- there's good people. (Of course, 1 in 10 is still every second game, but hey- what can ya do right! )

Booker DeWitt

06-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allorim View Post
Am I the only one that thinks being scared of ranked is beyond stupid. Like, not enjoying it and that's why you don't do it is fine. But why scared o.0
This. In my experience normals don't teach a lot and if anything can make you think you are better then you are. Be aware nearly half of all ranked players are bronze so dont feel to bad if that's where you end up

SteveTheCrusader

06-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Call Wall Hax View Post
This. In my experience normals don't teach a lot and if anything can make you think you are better then you are. Be aware nearly half of all ranked players are bronze so dont feel to bad if that's where you end up
I'm pretty sure it's actually something like 65% in Bronze

Booker DeWitt

06-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheCrusader View Post
I'm pretty sure it's actually something like 65% in Bronze
i was giving a rough % not a accurate one as to comfort the OP that it doesnt mean hes the worst if he gets bronze or silver v
EDIT; its the bottom 56% that are bronze

Zyrelia

06-17-2013

If you have 1000 normal wins, you should know how to play to a certain level. However, normals won't teach you how to get better at playing. You shouldn't be scared of playing ranked with that many wins. I started at 300 normal wins and went straight to Gold back in S2. As long as you can play better than your opponents, you will go up.

Edit: you shouldn't be scared of ranked, but if you find you dislike playing it, you can always stop. That's understandable to play ranked and not enjoy it.

fortide

06-17-2013

If you have that many normal games, then you're probably skilled to some degree. Just try out your placement matches and do your best. Remember that in the end, it's just a game, so don't stress out too much about it.

Scklyic

06-17-2013

90% of players are in Silver and Bronze.. only 10% make it past that.