The "inflated" mmr boost that duos get

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JessicaJungQT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2013

The inflated mmr boost is 100% stupid around the upper diamond 1/challenger areas of the game. After waiting 20 minutes for a queue only to find that you have a platinum 3 on your team is basically saying dodge the game or get ready to auto lose. From plat 3 to diamond 1 is a 7 promotion difference. This is similar to a game full of all gold 5 players and one bronze 2 player. The player gets absolutely punished and is nearly guaranteed to lose their lane instantly. Since the ladder in diamond 1 is so long there is a notable difference between high diamond 1s and low diamond 1s which makes this situation even more ridiculous.

Why not just place the 10 highest mmr players into 1 game? Why take in the duo when both of them are at a significant disadvantage in whatever position they are put in? No matter how much team work they have they simply lack the ability to play against these players they are pitted against.

Galatea

06-17-2013

GG Jessica Jung

Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2013

I'm not sure you understand how MMR works, it doesn't matter what bracket they are in. They can be Gold I and have Diamond 1 MMR and you guys would still get them in your game. Riot has posted in the past that the team with the dual queue has a 20 ELO disadvantage, this disadvantage may be amplified if you are on blue side. If you can't overcome 20-30 ELO then I dunno what to say. Don't dual queue?

Brohoof

06-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
I'm not sure you understand how MMR works, it doesn't matter what bracket they are in. They can be Gold I and have Diamond 1 MMR and you guys would still get them in your game. Riot has posted in the past that the team with the dual queue has a 20 ELO disadvantage, this disadvantage may be amplified if you are on blue side. If you can't overcome 20-30 ELO then I dunno what to say. Don't dual queue?
Duo Q participants have their ELO boosted somewhat

Sojs

06-17-2013

maybe if you didn't queue in the middle of the night you would actually get matched with diamond 1 players

if you have a bad losing spree play in the night time players are much worse and elo gap is higher so you can feed off low diamond 1s

DianasGotSwag

06-17-2013

Unless duoing with someone you can rely on it really is not worth doing it. Every time I duo up with some other well meaning person on my list we go **** because it seems to attract worse players in the other spots and we can't do a thing.

HardProduction3

06-17-2013

Jessica Jung got boost by her bf to Diamond I ?

KirbyCake

06-17-2013

playing at night is free elo

i play against garbage diamond 1 players and im already at 48 lp lol...