Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Special Skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snrub

11-21-2010

When the achievements are coming (they are coming, right Riot?). Wouldn't it be awesome if they made it like you get skins for certain achievements. Like 150 games with x champions made y skin available for purchase... man that would've been awesome. amirite?

Luciforms

11-21-2010

Yeah i guess but that would just cause people to play the same champ over and over.
I can see how that would be a problem...

"wtf annie we needed a tank"

"but this is the last game i need to get my skin LOL"

idk how i feel about that

Boomerz

11-21-2010

as long as achievements have no real affect on game, i couldnt care less

Luciforms

11-21-2010

Lol why am i getting downvoted, you know its true

Fifthdawn

11-21-2010

It's definately awesome, but if Riot won't profit from it, I doubt it'll happen.

Katagara

Recruiter

11-24-2010

Achievements should figure into the game a bit, but only cosmetically. For instance, achievement lists for each individual champion that would be everything from "Scream Demacia 30 times in a single match as Garen" to "Break 1200 movement speed as Rammus". When you unlock every achievement for a character, you either get a special "Master Skin" that is unbuyable or some sort of indication on either the loading screen or the standard skin that you are a master. At the same time, each achievement earned could be rewarded with a small to medium sum of RP that would encourage players to play their asses off for some form of reward as well as give those that don't have Paypal or a nearby RP card retailer a chance to cash in on skins. I think the increased playing would more than offset the small drop in RP sales and would be a huge boost to how people feel about Riot. It may even get our minds off of them not giving us our Armored Bear champion.