LoL disconnects me from my network

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demp

11-21-2010

This seems pretty random and as far as I know only happens on LoL. But I will be playing, and all of a sudden I lose connection to my network and can't use the internet. I won't be able to see my router or whatever, but I can again once I reboot. I don't know if this is a problem with my laptop or LoL, but since this only happens when I play LoL I thought maybe this can be a known issue?

Rhyn

11-22-2010

This happens to me too, since a few days.
Everything's fine and when i try to start the LoL client my router disconnects from the internet.

Demp

11-22-2010

Bumping. This makes LoL unplayable and makes me a liability to my team.

Suxzor

11-30-2010

same thing, this is something with the LoL client. Every time I start a game it consistently disconnects my router from the internet. No other application or game does this, I have smooth internet and then I play LoL and my router 99% of the time disconnects me from the internet.

There are a decent number of threads on this and no LoL rep. has ever responded, kind of disappointing, but I guess this is what you can expect with a "free" game.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2010

Hi everyone,

This issue would generally be caused by older routers that are unable to handle concurrent connections. It might be worth trying the following:

- Close any and all background applications
- Especially close any torrent or Peer2Peer programs
- When you open the launcher, go into the options and disable Peer2Peer
- Simply try disconnecting your router for 30 seconds, then reconnecting it.

If issues persist let me know and we can go through troubleshooting, but I can't think of any other reason for a router to 'fall over' like that.

L3G1T B3AST

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2010

This is happening to me too, I just got a brand new modem, router, and Xinfinity comcast. It's really irritating please help =/ Thanks.

WripTide

12-14-2010

Same thing happens to me, game starts>freeze>disconnects
when i first started this never happend.
Please Help.

WripTide

12-14-2010

bump

xavarn

12-14-2010

Same here, bump.

Tim Bjergsen

01-01-2011

This has been happening to me as well for the past 2 days...please help