Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL disconnects me from my network

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demp

11-21-2010

This seems pretty random and as far as I know only happens on LoL. But I will be playing, and all of a sudden I lose connection to my network and can't use the internet. I won't be able to see my router or whatever, but I can again once I reboot. I don't know if this is a problem with my laptop or LoL, but since this only happens when I play LoL I thought maybe this can be a known issue?

Rhyn

11-22-2010

This happens to me too, since a few days.
Everything's fine and when i try to start the LoL client my router disconnects from the internet.

Demp

11-22-2010

Bumping. This makes LoL unplayable and makes me a liability to my team.

Suxzor

11-30-2010

same thing, this is something with the LoL client. Every time I start a game it consistently disconnects my router from the internet. No other application or game does this, I have smooth internet and then I play LoL and my router 99% of the time disconnects me from the internet.

There are a decent number of threads on this and no LoL rep. has ever responded, kind of disappointing, but I guess this is what you can expect with a "free" game.

Eambo

Recruiter

11-30-2010

Hi everyone,

This issue would generally be caused by older routers that are unable to handle concurrent connections. It might be worth trying the following:

- Close any and all background applications
- Especially close any torrent or Peer2Peer programs
- When you open the launcher, go into the options and disable Peer2Peer
- Simply try disconnecting your router for 30 seconds, then reconnecting it.

If issues persist let me know and we can go through troubleshooting, but I can't think of any other reason for a router to 'fall over' like that.

L3G1T B3AST

12-07-2010

This is happening to me too, I just got a brand new modem, router, and Xinfinity comcast. It's really irritating please help =/ Thanks.

WripTide

12-14-2010

Same thing happens to me, game starts>freeze>disconnects
when i first started this never happend.
Please Help.

WripTide

12-14-2010

bump

xavarn

12-14-2010

Same here, bump.

Tim Bjergsen

01-01-2011

This has been happening to me as well for the past 2 days...please help