Can you skip tiers via hot streaks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CLGS4IBelieve

06-15-2013

I'm on a hotstreak in Bronze 2, can I eventually jump to Silver if I get enough wins in a row?

SoresuMakashi

06-15-2013

Only if your MMR is significantly above that which would be expected from a Bronze I player. And even then, I'm not sure that it allows you to skip into another League.

CrowdeR

06-15-2013

I had 10 wins in a row when i was at gold 5. I don't think so, but maybe.

Syolis

06-15-2013

I thought you could only skip from like 5 to 3 to 1, but you cannot skip from 2 to next tier at all....at least that's what I was led to believe from my diamond playas.

slipstreem

06-15-2013

I jumped from silver V to silver III and I wasn't really on a winning streak or anything (I think I was only 14 and 8 at the time as I had just started playing ranked included a failed promotion series in my first attempt to get out of silver V

CLGS4IBelieve

06-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syolis View Post
I thought you could only skip from like 5 to 3 to 1, but you cannot skip from 2 to next tier at all....at least that's what I was led to believe from my diamond playas.
It wouldn't necessarily by skipping 2 to 5, because I'll be in Bronze 1 if I win my next promo game. I guess that still might be too much though.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2013

The answer is obviously yes. You can eventually jump to Silver from Bronze 2 if you keep winnning. I am pretty sure you cannot skip your promotional series however. But if you are constantly winning games, then you'll be able to get to Bronze 1 then Silver 5, etc.

Venerati0n

06-15-2013

I'm decently sure this is how it works:

You have to have X amount of MMR to get into Silver V and Y amount of MMR to get into silver IV. If you are in bronze I but have Y MMR when you get promoted you'll skip over Silver V, right into silver IV. Of course you could replace the divisions and whatnot with other ones.

Please correct me if I'm wrong as I'n not certain but I am interested.

batosia95136

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2013

From what I know... you can't skip tier 1 ever.

Zyrelia

06-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venerati0n View Post
I'm decently sure this is how it works:

You have to have X amount of MMR to get into Silver V and Y amount of MMR to get into silver IV. If you are in bronze I but have Y MMR when you get promoted you'll skip over Silver V, right into silver IV. Of course you could replace the divisions and whatnot with other ones.

Please correct me if I'm wrong as I'n not certain but I am interested.
You cannot skip division 5 or division 1 of any tier. You can skip any of the other 3 divisions though.