Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The real problem: Mana regen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stevev45

06-18-2013

Quote:
GrosPigeon:
So I've seen lots of posts recently about how the top 15 champs are all magic damage, about how healers are op, about how they should increase the healing debuff on the map, blah blah blah pls remove Mister Yi.

Well to me it all boils down to one big problem. The mana regen in the map aura. Now that you look closely, all the top 15 champions are mana champions.

The mana regen passive is currently +3mp/5 for every 200 max mana you have. The biggest problem with the bonus mana regen passive is its immense synergy with Chalice and Tear. Chalice amplifies your mana regen the lower your mana bar gets and Tear builds up more mana which also gives you more mp/5 because of the map passive.

Healers and mages don't even need to manage their mana pools when buying one of these 2 items. They can simply use all of their abilities whenever they are off cooldown which is completely stupid. When Nidalee misses a spear, it doesn't matter, she can throw an infinite amount, heal her team and cover the bushes with traps all at the same time.

From SR to PG/HA, healers got their heals reduced by 20% but now have an infinite mana pool, making them even more powerful than before. I don't remember Sona being able to "QWEQWEQWEQWEQWEQWEQWE" non stop in SR ARAM, she had to manage her mana carefully, just like any other mages. I also remember Sona, Lux and Nid (among a bunch of others) being some of the most powerful champions in ARAM, so why give them an infinite amount of mana on the "official ARAM map".

For all I understand, lots of the changes from SR to PG/HA were made to help melee champions and champions with weak early game be more viable in "the official ARAM" but it's really gotten out of control. The champions that were imba before are now even more imba. The addition of "guardian's horn" really helped the targeted champions but I can't imagine that Riot's intention with the bonus mp/5 was to make the top tier champions from SR ARAM even more unstoppable in PG/HA.

The change I suggest:
Change the bonus mana regen from +3mp/5 for every 200 max mana to +3mp/5 flat + 1mp/5 per 200 max mana . Most champions have around 300~400 mana at lv3, which means nearly no change for the early game of low mana pool champions but a slight nerf to high mana pool champions. Currently, everyone gets around +4~5 mp/5 at lv3 (from their base mana only). With the change, most champions would get +4 at lv3 but would get less than before as their mana pool increases with levels.

With this change, most melee tanks/bruisers and ADC (champions that don't usually build huge mana pools) would benefit from the aura almost as if there was no change, but mages and healers that build Chalice or Tear will now need to manage their mana (at least a little more).

TL,DR: Chalice/Tear = infinite mana, imba champions (healers, mages) abusing infinite mana, change bonus mana regen aura from +3mp/5 per 200 max mana to +3mp/5 flat +1mp/5 per 200 max mana so that the targeted champions need to manage their mana more.

Post-wall-of-text: I don't know if the change would actually have a strong impact or not. All I'm saying is if it can make Nidalee or Sona think about if she should Heal or Poke instead of just doing both brainlessly it would be perfect.

Edit1: I also remember in SR ARAM, Clarity was actually useful, but now it's the absolute worst summoner spell in the game because you get so much free mp/5 + can start Chalice or Tear.

The problem is that warmogs was removed. It allowed champs to shrug off some poke and still have enough health to engage.

Youniverse

06-18-2013

Quote:
Shjade Nexayre:
I'm confused. How is building a chalice and a tear not building for it already? That is a sacrifice in damage in the early game. You're making no sense there.

One does not need to build both to gain ridiculous mp5, only one is sufficient. For example:

Jayce lvl 3 that buys a tear in SR will have 250+ mana and the tear's 7 mp5 to go with it. Taking into account character mp5 he will have ~13mp5 total at lvl 3, ~26mp5 at 18

Jayce that buys a tear in ARAM will have 250+ mana, +7 mp5, +3mp5 to start off, +3mp5 for the 250 mana, +3mp5 because the tear bumps him up to 610 mana. Jayce will have ~22 mp5 total at lvl 3, ~55mp5 at 18

Removing ARAM's mp5 bonus, you will have to sacrifice MORE than you are sacrificing now if you want to have ridiculous mana regen.

jars

06-18-2013

everyone starts with tear/chalice now. why is mana regen so easy to get and health regen so difficult?

Naramiel

Senior Recruiter

06-19-2013

Step 1) Remove all meaningful HP5 items.
Step 2) Add limitless mana regen.
Step 3) Champs with heals and shields dominate.

StaticSleep

03-28-2014

remove all passive mana regen buffs. so sick of facing poke comps that can just spam non stop from beginning to end with simply a chalice. think i'm done playing aram until they do something about it, which for me means i'm done playing LoL since aram is all i play.

AutoSys

03-28-2014

Quote:
StaticSleep:
remove all passive mana regen buffs. so sick of facing poke comps that can just spam non stop from beginning to end with simply a chalice. think i'm done playing aram until they do something about it, which for me means i'm done playing LoL since aram is all i play.

Meh...Just learn when to dodge or reroll.

You will learn the team comps that are total trash and know that you can take a 15 minute break.

Buzzed

03-30-2014

Having the mp5 makes ARAM a faster gametype. Personally, I still find I never have enough. =)

Aeolian Melodies

03-30-2014

Quote:
Buzzed:
Having the mp5 makes ARAM a faster gametype. Personally, I still find I never have enough. =)

this. it's to make the games more fast-paced.

Swordngun2

03-31-2014

Quote:
Maybe some sort of Grievous Wounds late game option for AD

Executioner's calling?

makoí

04-01-2014

Get rid of mana regen and people will all just go tear/clarity other mp5 items.

Better aram specific items is an easier way to deal with it.
There needs to be better anti heal items, morellos and executioners are situanional and mostly trash cause its too hard to put the debuff up, morellos especially is awful against healers like sona.
There also needs to be anti shield items fighting a karma/janna with 600 ap and 40% cdr the shields just become unbreakable.

Acutal USEFUL anti poke items for non ranged items, things like banshees take way too long to make and spending all your gold just to not get insta gibbed by a 4-5 poke team usually leaves you with no dmg to do anything anyway, its aram, i get that long range poke teams will always be super good but it would be nice if it wasnt an automatic loss having more than 2 melee.