@Riot Diana Skin incoming?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taremt

06-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter ObIivion View Post
@IronStylus - Have you ever thought of doing a crossover skin for Diana and Leona, giving Leona a silvery Moon skin and Diana a golden Sun skin?
Quoting from the previous page for interest!

Maruku

06-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
No idea about pricing, but I think potentially a "lower tier" of skins would be promising. Almost like the TPA skins. Mostly model changes.
Why. All these older chars with 1 skin need some love, I wouldn't mind waiting 3 months if you guys pushed a decent skin once in awhile.. Ghostbride Morgana came out dreadful.

Why you do this.
LeBlanc, Diana, Darius, Fizz, Evelyn, Syndra, Elise, Kassadin could all use some decent skins..

florrie

06-16-2013

Quote:
The first is just... a hooded woman...

The second has promise. I like the plant/druid thing.

The third is copyrighted :P

Dryad LeBlanc. PLS. You can add it to Dryad Soraka.

ironstylus.. pls...

pls...

Maerala

06-16-2013

Not that Sunbathing Leona isn't a swell idea, but are we ever likely to see a male counterpart? Perhaps Lifeguard Garen? You know, something sexy for teh menz.

OGZ Bob Gnarly

06-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maerala View Post
Not that Sunbathing Leona isn't a swell idea, but are we ever likely to see a male counterpart? Perhaps Lifeguard Garen? You know, something sexy for teh menz.
Banana Mammock Draven.

Cherubrad

06-16-2013

Quote:
Oh, that's a really great question. Skarner isn't as hard as you might think. You can make him into pretty much anything, from a bug, to a lobster, to a robot. Not sure the particulars as to why he hasn't gotten a skin yet, though.

Hmm, actually it's sort of multifaceted. Because there's champions who are hard to make skins for logistically (lot's of assets/models/particles/etc to make), conceptually (base lacks large silhouette landmarks, "big hook", etc), or technically (older champions, outdated rigs, etc).

So, here's a list of what just comes to mind for various reasons:

Evelynn - Technical.; Outdated model/rig/animations/etc
Fiora - Conceptual. Lacking large visual landmarks, she's mostly just a lady in a costume.
Hiemerdinger - Technical. Mostly, outdated.. everything.
Lissandra - Logistical. Holy ****, so many particles! All of those particles are separate models with seperate, and possibly, custom animations on them.
LeBlanc - Conceptual. She's actually one our most standard of standard human females.
Malphite - Technical. Not so much unusable rig, but still has it's challenges.
Master Yi - Technical. Pizza feet...
Rumble - Technical and logistical. As stated.
Shyvanna - Logistical. Basically two champions in one.
Sion - Technical. Yikes..
Sivir - Technical. Outdated model/rig/animations/particles.. So yeah, rework first.
Swain - Technical. Outdated assets, basically also two champions.
Taric - Technically outrageous. Outdated assets.
Teemo - Existential. Every subsequent skin we make for him unlocks another gateway to hell.
Twitch - Technical. Very outdated assets, he's actually missing legs I think.
Udyr - Technical and Logistical. Fairly outdated, but pretty much 4 different champions depending on complexity.
Varus - Conceptual. Dude with a bow and purple pants.
Xerath - Logistical. Piles of particle work and strange rig voodoo I have no idea how to even describe.
Zac - Conceptually and logistically. Virtually no differentiated landmarks on skins, pretty much all texture or animation behaviors can be leveraged.
Zilean - Outdate assets, but not really an animation nightmare. He floats.
Zyra - Conceptually and logistically. On her body, not a ton of distinquishing landmarks. All of her plants require new models and new animations.

REMINDER! The above list doesn't mean these champions a) will not have a skin for them any time soon b) are huge challenges to overcome c) don't already have stuff in the works despite challenges listed. This isn't a blacklist, this is just what comes to my mind when I think of champions we've had challenges with. Each of these challenges can be solved in it's own particular way. Things are solved sometimes in just updating the assets, like in the case of Tyrant Swain or Battlecast Urgot, or sometimes with a complete rebuild like any relaunch/VU we make. Very much depends on the champion and what we have to work with.
Just gotta say I love posts like this where you take the time to go over some of the high-level design with us. It's really nice of you to share.
"Teemo - Existential. Every subsequent skin we make for him unlocks another gateway to hell." that particular line had me in stitches.

Back on topic regarding Diana, this cloth headpiece, will it help with the proportions of her head? I *loved* the original release version of the dark valk. skin, but after removing the headpiece in favor of that marking, her massive forehead sorta turned me off the design.

Glumduk

06-16-2013

A Mesmer/Masked Ball Leblanc could be a cool theme.

The GWII Mesmer kinda grabs both sides of your face and yells "LeBlanc" while shaking furiously.

GLaD0S

06-16-2013

@IronStylus, You should pitch the dryad LeBlanc skin. At the very least it may help create some ideas for her.

I love leblanc, and with the rework incoming, a new skin would be amazing to compliment that!

IS1859f07a52f3056afbe15

06-16-2013

Will there be an Orianna skin with more different...stuff? Different autoattacks, ball animations, particles - stuff like that. I understand she's a pretty niche champion, but still, I'd love to see something bigger for her.

Stopher121

06-16-2013

Do you have any comments on Gender Swap skins? there is a big thread floating around somewhere and some of them look really cool.