Jungle death Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnTamedLaw

12-29-2010

How do you deal with the mana problem though without a mana item?

Dark Sativa

12-29-2010

It isn't really that big of a problem, when you're jungling just make sure you have enough mana to get back into turtle after you tiger and you're fine. In team fights, you should make sure you have enough mana for the team fight before it starts. A few seconds in the jungle or some creeps are fine for this. You'll have enough mana to last an early team fight, but not to chase. After about lv 12, mana problems are gone, and before that you'll be blue buffed most of the time anyway.

Dark Sativa

01-15-2011

Updated for Udyr 3.0

Dominudyr

01-15-2011

Deh gospel of Udyr

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-15-2011

stopped reading at masteries and runes

Dark Sativa

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginHomoSapien View Post
stopped reading at masteries and runes
Awwww, looks like somebody mains Trundle

Coacheeses

02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesbane View Post
Updated for Udyr 3.0
Hi,

just started playing Udyr last night. Interesting guide. Somewhere in there you said...

Udyr does not have high health. This makes his turtle shield very relevant. In a 7 second fight, you can turtle 3 or 4 times. This adds over 1000 hp to Udyr. Turtle every time it is up. Makes him much stronger than he looks, and makes many a Yi underestimate him.

How do you turtle 3 or 4 times in 7 seconds? Even at max CDR you could only turtle every 3.6 seconds and your build doesn't have any CDR(edit: okay so I forgot about the runes/masteries and you do list the CDR boots as an option). So with blue buff you are talking 20%. This guide is fairly recent so I was hoping I was missing something.

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to figure out your play style so I can try it.

Thanks.

Dark Sativa

02-08-2011

Turtle going in at the start, turtle after the first 3.6, turtle again after 3.6. So, I guess 3 times in 7.2 seconds :P I'll edit. Max CDR can happen pretty easily with just blue buff and runes- scaling blues and quints gets you 15.12 at 18, plus 25% from blue. Add a Spirit Visage early to get that extra percent to make up the difference if you're planning on doing alot of tanking. Without quints, you'll either be satisfied with being close to the cap, or you can get a spirit visage/ brutalizer, or a support with a soul shroud and ditch the runes altogether. If the enemy team lacks CC, CDR boots are also an option. The hard part is making sure you don't go over the cap, because then you're wasting resources.

Hakiro

04-16-2011

Hi. I'm very interested in your build, but I'm kinda not sure about switching from my build. My build as been successful many times, but I feel I need to make it better.

Jungling pheonix/turtle 100% of the time, maxing pheonix first, then turtle, then bear, having 1 level in bear at level 4. I sometimes alternate between turtle and bear, depending on the enemy team's behavior:more running or more fighting back.
Blue golem, wolves, wraiths, golem, blue pill, lizard, gank, if no gank available, keep jungling, wolves spawn soon.

1) Wriggles
2) Boots
3) Sunfire
4) boots ->Merc treads
5) FoN
-- by this point, we either won or i'm carrying
6) Trinity Force
7)GA/Abyssal Scepter
-GA if I need some more armor
Abyssal if armor is unnecessary

Im interested in fitting hexdrinker, hextechs gunblade, and guinsoo's rageblade somewhere in my build. The sunfire works wonders in a lot of my games, but I'm not sure if it's the best option.

Basically for early/mid game efficiency, Wriggles+Sunfire or Wriggles+Hexdrinker?

EDIT: I've come to thinking that hexdrinker is only best with tiger udyr.

Chrønic

Recruiter

06-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelhan View Post
By the way, any jungler going smithe/ghost and that are tanky (Amumu, Udyr, Malphite...) should go 1-19-10 . 0-21-9 makes you less effective in so many ways...
This^^