How do you get borders?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordVaktus

06-14-2013

I want those big platinum borders on my loading screen because I think it's hot

Jorick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2013

Loading screen borders are a reward for achieving a certain tier of ranked play in a season. To get a platinum border, you'd have to get up to 30 if you're not there already and then play ranked to get up to platinum. After that you'd have to wait for the season to finish and rewards to be handed out.

LordVaktus

06-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorick View Post
Loading screen borders are a reward for achieving a certain tier of ranked play in a season. To get a platinum border, you'd have to get up to 30 if you're not there already and then play ranked to get up to platinum. After that you'd have to wait for the season to finish and rewards to be handed out.
Does it have to be a rank team? and you mean by 30, you mean 30 ranked game wins?

Jorick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVaktus View Post
Does it have to be a rank team? and you mean by 30, you mean 30 ranked game wins?
Nope, you can do solo queue ranked games. If you do happen to find people to play a team with, however, your highest ranking among all ranked game types will be the one to give you a border. If you're gold ranked in solo play but have a platinum team, you'll get a platinum border.

By 30 I mean summoner level 30, but now that I looked you up in game I can see you're already there, so never mind that bit. Getting to platinum would take quite a bit more than 30 ranked wins, even if you had no losses in that run.

QueueBacca

06-15-2013

I've heard it was only in season 2, and you cant get the borders now in season 3?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaStealth26 View Post
I've heard it was only in season 2, and you cant get the borders now in season 3?
You won't get anything now for season 3, but there will be rewards at the end of the season.

(I believe the borders only show your highest rank for the most recent season, so season two borders will go away and season three will be there for all of season four, until that season ends...)

KhaZix Bot

06-16-2013

Where the borders appear also depends on where you got them. This was confusing to me at first, but I'll do my best to explain it.

Normal 5v5 games will show your highest rank in 5v5 ranked or solo queue.

Normal 3v3 games will show your highest rank in 3v3 ranked or solo queue.

Ranked 5v5 and 3v3 will show your ranks for the ladder respectively.

Ranked Solo queue will show your ranked solo rank only.

Custom games will show your highest rank overall.

As far as ARAMs go, I BELIEVE it is the same as custom games.

I'm recalling these to the best of my ability, and I can't find the source, so I apologize if some of these are slightly different in reality.

So overall, if you have a Gold ranked team in the Twisted Treeline, and come Season Four, you don't have a Gold Border in Ranked Solo Queue, don't worry. That's just the way it's set up.

asianofallasians

06-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorick View Post
Nope, you can do solo queue ranked games. If you do happen to find people to play a team with, however, your highest ranking among all ranked game types will be the one to give you a border. If you're gold ranked in solo play but have a platinum team, you'll get a platinum border.

By 30 I mean summoner level 30, but now that I looked you up in game I can see you're already there, so never mind that bit. Getting to platinum would take quite a bit more than 30 ranked wins, even if you had no losses in that run.
but i see people with a gray not silver but gray frame and there not lvl 30-how do you get that one??

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianofallasians View Post
but i see people with a gray not silver but gray frame and there not lvl 30-how do you get that one??
I believe that's part of the Honorable Opponent ribbon? It doesn't make a lot of sense, but...

Recruiter

06-17-2013

I have the gray frame and I am level 26. I'm sure it's because I have earned ribbons. I have like every one I think. But I'm pretty sure as long as you earn one then you get the new border. And for those with the border and no ribbon, it means that they had one but then lost it.