Installation of LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pauliieee

11-21-2010

Hello all,

Is there a way of installing the game without having to download the 900+MB file each time? I have all the files on an external drive and want to install it on a school PC but can't seem to. Does anyone have a solution?

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2010

Not really. Almost any online game with regular patches you'll get this issue of needing to download a junkload of patches before being able to play =-/ If you think LoL is bad, try World of Warcraft >.<

Pauliieee

11-21-2010

o_O I never said LoL is bad, all I asked was if it was possible... judging by your response it isn't. I don't see why though seeing as the patches do download into the LoL directory. Couldn't there be a way for the game to detect you have most of the files already and go from there?

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2010

I think it does that already. However I'm fairly certain it also deletes older patches, so I don't think you can just copy-paste patches. Also it all depends on the version you're patching from, and to.

Your best bet would be:

- Download the LoL Installer files, and put them on a USB stick
- Update LoL on your main computer, and copy it over
- Install LoL on the other computer
- Copy your files over the top of them.

This would make them 'patched' and should work. Just copy-pasting won't work, it needs to be installed first.

Pauliieee

11-21-2010

First off, thanks for the fast response.

Secondly, by only copying the files across and running the game, I can get into the Client but not into games (I tested this on a premade 1v1 bot). Sorry if it sounds like I am repeating myself but, if I can get into the client without installing, is there no way around this other then completely downloading all the files again, keeping in mind that I have the most up to date version on my external?

Eambo

11-21-2010

You'll need to install the base installer first. This installs Adobe Air, registry files, etc, all required for LoL to run. Just copy-pasting doesn't work, there needs to be a base install of LoL in there first =-(

Pauliieee

11-21-2010

Thanks for the information, I will see what I can do =)

Haloc

02-26-2011

Wich files do i copy?