Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

MMR (ELO) Boosting Punishments

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunglerCutie

06-14-2013

Quote:
Osusu:
I'm very skeptic.

I've been on a huge winning spree with Lux for the past 4 days. Before that I did horribly and was losing every game... My score almost every game was about 10/1/7. I really hope u don't accidentally ban people who are actually doing well.

Another great example of someone who could potentially lose there account, unless riot check your house and have your picture, it will be a guess at most to ban you or not for Elo boosting, If i am honest i am shocked Riot are even considering this, i feel they have potentially kicked a hornests nest, my adive is for them to fix the points system and mmr/elo then there would be no need for boosting

Booker DeWitt

06-14-2013

Quote:
Millenn1aL:
agreed. if you cannot hold you're spot in ranked. why should you keep it?

exactly the new elo system is what created this whole boosting issue. Bad players will be like oh 500$ and i can get plat when im a bronze or silver cool and i cant even lose it EVEN BETTER. It is a stupid system and riot should have foreseen it coming. The least they can do is at least let people drop out of their league to stop people getting undeserved diamonds. The amount of boosted diamond 5s is insane

Recently

06-14-2013

Any chance you guys change the league system so people with 0 LP in a Division V can drop down a league?

Its pretty disgusting to be held hostage when queued with people in this situation since they know they have all the power over you.

JunglerCutie

06-14-2013

Quote:
SoH lala:
typical riot, go after boosters instead of fixing the reasons people need the boosts.

well failed, team

i love how people down thumb anyone who goes against these ideas, must be alot of staff online,

Also note no replies? hmm

JunglerCutie

06-14-2013

Quote:
Recently:
Any chance you guys change the league system so people with 0 LP in a Division V can drop down a league?

Its pretty disgusting to be held hostage when queued with people in this situation since they know they have all the power over you.

i would welcome this idea also, allow people to move away from negatives and 0 points

Doojeeboy

06-14-2013

Quote:
Osusu:
I'm very skeptic.

I've been on a huge winning spree with Lux for the past 4 days. Before that I did horribly and was losing every game... My score almost every game was about 10/1/7. I really hope u don't accidentally ban people who are actually doing well.

Oops, didn't know I posted with my other acc.
Here's my lolking:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34353393#history

I've been doing so well, it's even been a shock to me.

Another question,
Is there going to be something for mmr decrease?
For example, what if someone logs onto another account and starts to troll and loses every game, thus resulting in a very low mmr? Would something be done to stop that?

BlueflareLoL

06-14-2013

I just want to thank you guys at Riot so much for doing this. I've sent in numerous tickets of people admitting to me after game that they were boosters. It makes me feel cheated, and although you guys responded quietly and sounded uncertain, I knew you guys were working on it internally and it's so great that we've been heard.

Bucky Philips

06-14-2013

Quote:
TRK Shaner86:
Another great example of someone who could potentially lose there account, unless riot check your house and have your picture, it will be a guess at most to ban you or not for Elo boosting, If i am honest i am shocked Riot are even considering this, i feel they have potentially kicked a hornests nest, my adive is for them to fix the points system and mmr/elo then there would be no need for boosting

It's amazing to me how many questions are in this thread that can simply be answered by reading Wookie's posts. Are they giving someone else their account info so they can boost up their elo? No, they are playing their account from the same computer as they usually do. How would that cause a red flag?

JunglerCutie

06-14-2013

Quote:
Blueflare900:
I just want to thank you guys at Riot so much for doing this. I've sent in numerous tickets of people admitting to me after game that they were boosters. It makes me feel cheated, and although you guys responded quietly and sounded uncertain, I knew you guys were working on it internally and it's so great that we've been heard.

never had this once in over 300 games, open the gates to this, u open it up so people cant have smurfs, next it be team games, next it be duo restrictions, open the floodgates bro

I See Stars

06-14-2013

About time

get them nooblords away from me