Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

MMR (ELO) Boosting Punishments

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hartar

Recruiter

06-14-2013

Quote:
RainForrestGump:
Will this only occur in ranked games?

Because before my friends & I decide to buy a champ, we swap accounts to try them out in a few bots & normals as to make informed decisions. I don't feel like this is any egregious offense.

I think you and your friend are safe.ELO Boosting only work on ranked.If you guys only play bots and normal,then no problem.

Gooner1990

06-14-2013

About time this happens. I've seen people in Diamond leagues, but with Gold MMR. That's total BS. If you're good enough to get to Diamond, you're too good to fall to Gold.

MPonder

06-14-2013

So, but how u say duo is not a way to elo boosting??????????????????????????????????????

I've seen a guy dueing with Bronze II - Silver V and increase his elo and his friends' elo, because he get first pick, he faces people with 300 or more elo in difference than him in lane, and than he just stomp them.

Sorry, but if you guys from Riot don't think dueing is a way to elo boosting, you guys are just dumb, or just too lazy to fix it.

At least, admit it is a way to elo boost, and it is also pretty frustating to have a person with so much low elo in your team.

This duos **** the game one way or another. At least limit the difference in elo for duo.

JunglerCutie

06-14-2013

Quote:
Noghori:
Where is the place to report them then?!?! I have run across many boosters-just 3 games ago one was blatant enough to say in game that he was boosting and provide his actual account. How would I notify Riot?

Remember once again, if this was in court a confession would not be enough you still need actually evidence, just because he said he did does not mean he did FACT, how many times in game has someone stated they would go AFK yet they still kept playing, yet we both know most people would of reported him AFK yet he did not,

Remember people will abuse any system where a player can report another for expected boosting,

someone ggoes on lolking and see's a guy has a bad run then he has a fed akali and goes pentakill crazy, so cry baby players all go reporting with a boost feature, please think before you give riot ideas to put this in place could this system could come back to bite you

JunglerCutie

06-14-2013

Another thing i can imagine, if a friend new to the game wants to try a new player and his friend has him so he wants to do a try before you buy as lets be honest ip aint easy to come by and last thing you want to do is waste, where do people fall under in this?

Elo boosting or merely friends being friends?

pastafariany

06-14-2013

Quote:
MPonder:
So, but how u say duo is not a way to elo boosting??????????????????????????????????????

I've seen a guy dueing with Bronze II - Silver V and increase his elo and his friends' elo, because he get first pick, he faces people with 300 or more elo in difference than him in lane, and than he just stomp them.

Sorry, but if you guys from Riot don't think dueing is a way to elo boosting, you guys are just dumb, or just too lazy to fix it.

At least, admit it is a way to elo boost, and it is also pretty frustating to have a person with so much low elo in your team.

This duos **** the game one way or another. At least limit the difference in elo for duo.
you're a complete moron on some other level, that's not THEIR definition of elo boosting just because it brings someone higher doesn't make it against the rules to do.

Osusu

06-14-2013

I'm very skeptic.

I've been on a huge winning spree with Lux for the past 4 days. Before that I did horribly and was losing every game... My score almost every game was about 10/1/7. I really hope u don't accidentally ban people who are actually doing well.

JunglerCutie

06-14-2013

Quote:
pastafariany:
you're a complete moron on some other level, that's not THEIR definition of elo boosting just because it brings someone higher doesn't make it against the rules to do.

Agreed, there should be no restriction at all, plus if the mmr system really works it should see a fair team either side regardless of duo partner staus as the mmr system was designed for this

Booker DeWitt

06-14-2013

instead of this system all you needed to add was
Players can now drop out of a league if they lose a specific amount of games
This would fix the issue and stop people buying elo they know they cannot keep
take season 1 and season 2. The boosting was not nearly as bad as players could fall out of the boosted elo. I just think this simple change would suffice and stop boosting as a whole

Millenn1aL

06-14-2013

Quote:
I Call Wall Hax:
instead of this system all you needed to add was
Players can now drop out of a league if they lose a specific amount of games
This would fix the issue and stop people buying elo they know they cannot keep
take season 1 and season 2. The boosting was not nearly as bad as players could fall out of the boosted elo. I just think this simple change would suffice and stop boosting as a whole

agreed. if you cannot hold you're spot in ranked. why should you keep it?