Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

MMR (ELO) Boosting Punishments

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pastafariany

06-14-2013

Quote:
hartar:
Question:Wookie are guys planning to implement a system that player can call the ELO Boosting,AKA report ELO Boosting,if they suspect or know it is ELO Boosting?

if only you knew how ridiculously out of hand it would get and how many cases of crying wolf would be made.

JunglerCutie

06-14-2013

WookieeCookie i can appreciate you may not have the answers to these questions rite now, but i would really appreciate the ability to email you, If im honest you may even have the answers but dont want to reply,

I just want to make a few things clear that i am no kid in bronze hating the game lol, I am a dedicated to gaming to include being the former community manager of Slender (4.2 Million game downloads) Shane Quaintance, I would value your time to really get some proper answers, Forums are usually plastered with false or misleading information and straight emails would be appreciated

kind regards
Shane

JunglerCutie

06-14-2013

Quote:
mango027:
silver 5 to bronze 4 isnt a huge dip in skill. But gold v to bronze 4,3 is.
But if their mmr has dropped a whole league, then something should be done.

totally agree

A Giant Boulder

06-14-2013

Quote:
Keyru:
Hey WookieCookie,

How would we go about the process of reporting a suspected account/player doing an elo boost? There doesn't seem to be a specific place to send this in the support ticketing system.

Pretty much this, I've noticed that the general report a player options were removed. I mean, I know we can just send the information in using the general queue, but it feels inefficient and just clogs the system.

Though my ticket was answered in like, two minutes. So either there is a word filter creating a priority queue....or you just have awesome 7 a.m. employees.

DreamsOfGrandeur

06-14-2013

Quote:
Koi Sashimi:
Any chance of lettin us know of higher popularity players gettin nailed by this?

Its just hard to see whats going on when its just "We are doing something!" vs "These are some people that were doing it and we made them stahp"

Riot does not believe in public-humiliation.

Calling out players is discouraged (if Athene weren't so popular, they would have probably tried to close those threads too), and punishments are never disclosed as they are a matter of player-privacy.

Only the player himself/herself can come forward and announce that they were punished (as many have done with their tribunal cards)
Otherwise, Riot stays out of causing community drama as much as possible.

Noghori

06-14-2013

Where is the place to report them then?!?! I have run across many boosters-just 3 games ago one was blatant enough to say in game that he was boosting and provide his actual account. How would I notify Riot?

hartar

Recruiter

06-14-2013

Quote:
Insentience:
What if the purpose was to lower the account's MMR? Is that also considered MMR Boosting?

I would said kinda of.But i think Wookie can explain better.

JunglerCutie

06-14-2013

Quote:
Bughferd:
Possible a slip in the cracks and he managed to get a good steak early or he may of just stopped trying after gold. Either way it's important to remember there are millions of people on the ladder so even if say a 10,000 of them are in a wrong place like gold players belonging in Bronze this is still less than a 1% rate of error.

im pretty sure this guy is one of the people who i class in the guessing game who clearly has no idea of real figures and relates back to real information not being given out and being another guess, i appreciate what he is trying to say but i wish figures would not be mentioned like this

anthonyasd

06-14-2013

THANK YOU RIOT FOR FINALLY ADDRESSING THIS ANNOYING ASS ISSUE.... Way too many bronze level players in plat and diamond ruining games. Thx again! Hope u get rid of all those elo-boosting websites.

PPPPPPPPPPPP270

06-14-2013

What about que sniping where you have friends intentionally throw games until you reach the desired tier?
What about programs that causes automated smite and able to see location of wards you saw being placed? Is there any standing about those kinds of behaviors?
There have been people who reached diamond using methods to reach higher tiers. Then fail so hard to even win because they don't deserve to be that high.