Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

MMR (ELO) Boosting Punishments

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stonewall008

06-14-2013

What about friends who have GIFTED/GIVEN the accounts? Two of my friends have quit League and have given me their accounts - though one of them likes to come back sometimes just to play any new female champion that comes out in a custom game.

chrisD4

06-14-2013

I have a friend who plays on low elo accounts (bronze and silver) and constantly trolls (and wins) in ranked (because people try there a lot more than normals). He does it for fun once in a while, but is that bannable?

Dangboy

06-14-2013

r u gonna do anything about the plat/diamond 5 trolls?

Mango027

06-14-2013

Quote:
Snake XT:
Ive had silver V players in bronze V/IV matches and they were not duo.. Maybe their MMR is just really low, but if thats the case shouldn't they be demoted?

Still waiting on multiple accounts question to be answered.

Silver 5 to Bronze 4 isnt a huge dip in skill. But Gold V to Bronze 4,3 is.
But if their MMR has dropped a whole league, then something should be done.

JunglerCutie

06-14-2013

this system clearly has not been thought through, myself i am gaining a higher majority of wins, nothing special, but lets be honest the automated system as stated above by others shows riots automated mmr/elo is broken, gold playing bronze? if thats clearly not stating a problem what is?

i worry like others above i miht be banned, i have alot of rare skins, and if they say ban how can we prove its not an elo booster?

what will riot offer us, account insurance lol, i dont want to be a hater as i love the game, but i hate the automated system that goes behind everything, tribunal broken, elo/mmr hidden, now a system where they decide if your elo boosting? to me nothing should be hidden and if your in a league, you play people in that league, if your not good enough you get demoted, its a bad system knowing that playing lower league players when golds can verse bronze, thats how people can win 6 in a row and lose one and end up on 0, and they state theres no elo hell?

if someone boosts it should be allowed, its no different from people seeling accounts on ebay or seeling skins no longer available, where do you draw the line to what people are doing?

hartar

Recruiter

06-14-2013

Question:Wookie are guys planning to implement a system that player can call the ELO Boosting,AKA report ELO Boosting,if they suspect or know it is ELO Boosting?

Millenn1aL

06-14-2013

Quote:
WookieeCookie:
Good question! We know that a lot of our players like to visit friend's houses or have LAN sessions for League of Legends. This is totally legit, and encouraged!

Our process will exclude cases like these from punishment considerations.

well then how are you going to catch anyone, cause all they have to say is. "i was at a friend's house" how can you prove they are lying?

RainForrestGump

06-14-2013

Will this only occur in ranked games?

Because before my friends & I decide to buy a champ, we swap accounts to try them out in a few bots & normals as to make informed decisions. I don't feel like this is any egregious offense.

Insentience

06-14-2013

Quote:
WookieeCookie:
MMR Boosting is an action where a player (The Booster) logs into another playerÂ’s account (The Boostee) with the specific purpose of improving the boostee accountÂ’s MMR.
What if the purpose was to lower the account's MMR? Is that also considered MMR Boosting?

Im so lonely IRL

06-14-2013

and HAFU HASNT BEEN BANNED WHY?