Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

MMR (ELO) Boosting Punishments

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fish

Recruiter

06-14-2013

So I have a question, what if you go over to a friends house and do some ranked games at their house while they help u by like telling u if you are doing anything wrong or buying the wrong items. Not actually playing for you, but talking to you.

You would technically be at a different IP address right?

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

06-14-2013

Quote:
Xemozu:
How are you determining this? I have a secondary account where I reached gold in S2, I haven't touched it that much this season and so it's sitting on silver level if I'm not mistaken. Is it going to be banned because its current rating isn't as high as it was in s2? I worked hard for dat Janna...

The process is definitely more thorough then that. If you're not sharing your account information with someone else in order to raise your MMR, you don't have to worry.

Quote:
lolumadkek:
I dont like this at all, Basically if out of nowhere we build momentum and win a bunch of games, we have to worry about getting reviewed.

Ditto with my previous comment.

Quote:
Brzink:
Isn't queing with a Diamond tier player also Classified Elo Boosting, say if you're a silver or bronze player?

We don't encourage duo queuing with another player with a much significantly higher MMR then you. However, we do not consider this to be MMR Boosting.

JunglerCutie

06-14-2013

I love how they have the time to focus on this rather than fix the fact of people messing peoples accounts up such as AFK/DC and trolls problems which seems to happen in a high majority of lower league games as some people in these leagues have nothing to lose, the fact the tribunal system is in place does not mean it works hence it happens alot,

I am a livestreamer new to the game and i can can clearly say Silver V is horrible, 66 people in my league and from 44 to 66 they have no points and i feel sorry for these people because i can see why they use this option, higher you go less bull you see FACT, you dont see it in the higher league streamers having this problem. The fact a player goes afk bears no consideration on the 4 players who get no help or consideration in points distribution or decreases, It seems your against the lower league people in the game, Its also a fact lower you are more of this you deal with thats why these people are here, One person can not carry a team as if that was the case that would mean 1 person vs 5, I say if people want to chose this option i say let them, lets be honest how can you stop it really? one thing what stops a friend starting a new account and passing it on to them? also how many people will falsely lose there account due to the mistakes, i am currently having little faith in riots automated systems such as hiding elo's and MMR that no one clearly can measure,

I would love to have a one to one with someone from riot to discuss my feelings and thoughts on this, as i could write you a book, but i feel no one will even care

New player, partnered livestreamer on twitch.tv and Livestream network owner wanting for some clarity from RIOT staff

kind regards
Shane

Mango027

06-14-2013

What can be said about gold V players playing in bronze. I've had this happen in a couple of occasions. Why is that person able to get gold level rewards while he played almost all of his games in/against bronze after he hit gold (lucky placement matches, or boosted, who knows).

Ikloneros

06-14-2013

How will you know if someone is elo boosting. I used to be 2 wins to 12 losses in ranked and now im 20 for 15. Thats a massive jump and I am worried some people will be falsely accused of being elo boosted.

Bughferd

06-14-2013

Quote:
Mango027:
What can be said about gold V players playing in bronze. I've had this happen in a couple of occasions. Why is that person able to get gold level rewards while he played almost all of his games in/against bronze after he hit gold (lucky placement matches, or boosted, who knows).

Possible a slip in the cracks and he managed to get a good steak early or he may of just stopped trying after gold. Either way it's important to remember there are millions of people on the ladder so even if say a 10,000 of them are in a wrong place like gold players belonging in Bronze this is still less than a 1% rate of error.

Snake XT

06-14-2013

Quote:
Mango027:

Ive had silver V players in bronze V/IV matches and they were not duo.. Maybe their MMR is just really low, but if thats the case shouldn't they be demoted?

Still waiting on multiple accounts question to be answered.

TurtleSmurph

06-14-2013

Quote:
Keyru:
Hey WookieCookie,

How would we go about the process of reporting a suspected account/player doing an elo boost? There doesn't seem to be a specific place to send this in the support ticketing system.

How would a player know?

SoH lala

06-14-2013

typical riot, go after boosters instead of fixing the reasons people need the boosts.

well failed, team

Teemo Support GG

06-14-2013

Any chance of lettin us know of higher popularity players gettin nailed by this?

Its just hard to see whats going on when its just "We are doing something!" vs "These are some people that were doing it and we made them stahp"