Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

MMR (ELO) Boosting Punishments

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrMan

Recruiter

06-14-2013

Quote:
WookieeCookie:
Second time offenders' accounts will be permanently banned from League of Legends.

Quote:
I play blind:
no perma?

sad

Reading is OP.

UrgotToBeKidding

06-14-2013

"It takes hard work, commitment and buckets of blood, sweat and tears for players to earn a high ranking in League of Legends."

He's not talking about gold rating. He's talking about challenger. Keep that in mind.

Fluffyknowsyou

06-14-2013

Now bar players from duoing with friends a tier lower than themselves :P

NasusxRenek Yaoi

06-14-2013

Good to know Riot's taking action.

Super Explosion

06-14-2013

You didn't seem to mention if the boosted account's MMR will be reset, or Tiers changed, as a punishment.

Or will you perhaps allow the MMR to rise or fall from the post-boost location?

Though some 'rewards' would be removed, wouldn't the account still display that it achieved whatever tier to boost reached? (At least perhaps for the duration of the season.)

Raptor6789

06-14-2013

How exactly do you catch people doing this and have definitive proof?

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

06-14-2013

Quote:
Enigma Requiem:
I have a question

I'm currently in bronze 1. Most of my friends are mid-high silver. Will I be punished for queing with them?

EDIT: just for the sake of playing with my friends, of course.

Nope! Duo queuing with a player of higher MMR or Ranked Tier does not constitute boosting.

We are specifically targeting players who share their account information with another person so that the second person can log-in and play ranked games resulting in a higher MMR.

Tetramaster

06-14-2013

Quote:
Enigma Requiem:
I have a question

I'm currently in bronze 1. Most of my friends are mid-high silver. Will I be punished for queing with them?

EDIT: just for the sake of playing with my friends, of course.

No.

The offence occurs if you were to say...let them play on your account for an extended period of time for the EXPRESS PURPOSE of boosting your account out of bronze.

Duoing with your friends? Perfectly allowed and fine.

Letting your friends play+boost YOUR ACCOUNT? BAD AND PUNISHABLE.

Enigma Requiem

Recruiter

06-14-2013

Quote:
WookieeCookie:
Nope! Duo queuing with a player of higher MMR or Ranked Tier does not constitute boosting.

We are specifically targeting players who share their account information with another person so that the second person can log-in and play ranked games resulting in a higher MMR.

Thanks for the response!

Good to hear, I'd really looked forwards to getting into ranked so I could play more serious matches with my friends. Seems like a good approach you're taking. best of luck!

Harrywhat

06-14-2013

How exactly do you determine if someone is elo boosting? Like what if I duo with a friend and go on a massive winning spree? Wouldn't that seem like elo boosting, when in all reality I'm duoing with a friend and doing well?