Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Low Fps problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CIaddix

Recruiter

06-14-2013

For many weeks now when I enter a game, I have extremely high FPS in the 200-300 margin. But when the game gets around the 2 minute mark and minions spawn, I start to lag to the point of where I have 6-15 Fps. I usually have a stable 80 ping and my graphics card is a AMD Radeon HD 6670. I have tried to research options to fix these problems but they really haven't helped me much. I've also used the fps troubleshooting page, but haven't really found a solution yet.

CIaddix

Recruiter

06-14-2013

Bump, help would be nice.

Deeninja

06-14-2013

Wow, that's the exact same problem I'm having. Same graphics card as well. Have you made sure your drivers are updated?

Elduris

Recruiter

06-14-2013

Hello Claddix,

Sorry to hear you're having FPS issues. They can be extremely frustrating, especially if you have invested a lot of money into your computer. Luckily, I have a few solutions for you that might just do the trick. Let's get started.

First of all, I'd like to direct you to the Knowledgebase article (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20183433-improving-fps) on improving your FPS. This outlines some of the more common fixes for improving FPS. Aregionius has written a great forum post troubleshooting some of these issues, so it's also important that you give this Troubleshooting Guide (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=24115467) a once-over.

If neither of these posts has helped you, I have some solutions of my own, but I prefer to keep them as last-resort, since they usually take a long time to complete. Remember, try to exhaust all options before attempting these steps and read my instructions very carefully.

What we're going to do here is delete your configuration files. Close all League of Legends processes by opening Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc). Next, you're going to navigate to the folder that contains your League of Legends files. It should look something like this:

Quote:
...\Riot Games\League of Legends\Config

Delete everything you see in that folder and open your Launcher again. If your Launcher does not automatically start downloading the now-missing files, you need to run a repair. Do so by clicking the gear icon in the top right and select "Repair."

Now, start a custom game and see if you still have FPS issues. If you do, I'm going to need some r3D logs. Please attach the newest file. Each file appears like this: 2011-05-24_21-11-32_r3dlog.txt. You can find them in the following directory:

Quote:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs\Game - R3d Logs

Repairing by itself usually doesn't work for this process because the repair function only checks to see if you have the files, not if they are corrupt. Don't worry, you probably don't have a virus going around corrupting all your stuff, these files can mess up with a patch sometimes. If you want to be safe, you can always run a virus scan (http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/virus-scan-malware-scan.htm) after this.

I hope that I've helped you to the fullest extent. It's my goal to get fellow Summoners like yourself back on the Fields of Justice as quickly as possible. If you have any other questions or concerns, I'll be happy to answer them!

Zamolxis

06-14-2013

If what Elduris says doesn't work you can try Vertical sync (not sure it will help since it
s generally for higher refresh rates such as 120 hertz rather than the normal 60 hertz to prevent tears, but I'm not aware of your computers refresh rate so it may work) as well as setting the FPS to "Stable" rather than 80.

Deanosaurs

06-15-2013

Bump this is a big issue for ALOT of players atm, If riot could give us an update would be most welcome.

CIaddix

Recruiter

06-15-2013

Quote:
Deeninja:
Wow, that's the exact same problem I'm having. Same graphics card as well. Have you made sure your drivers are updated?

Yeah, I've already updated my drivers.

Quote:
Zamolxis:
If what Elduris says doesn't work you can try Vertical sync (not sure it will help since it
s generally for higher refresh rates such as 120 hertz rather than the normal 60 hertz to prevent tears, but I'm not aware of your computers refresh rate so it may work) as well as setting the FPS to "Stable" rather than 80.

I've unchecked the vertical sync box, but it really doesn't help me much. I also had my FPS on the benchmark option.

Quote:
Elduris:
Hello Claddix,

Sorry to hear you're having FPS issues. They can be extremely frustrating, especially if you have invested a lot of money into your computer. Luckily, I have a few solutions for you that might just do the trick. Let's get started.

First of all, I'd like to direct you to the Knowledgebase article (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20183433-improving-fps) on improving your FPS. This outlines some of the more common fixes for improving FPS. Aregionius has written a great forum post troubleshooting some of these issues, so it's also important that you give this Troubleshooting Guide (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=24115467) a once-over.

If neither of these posts has helped you, I have some solutions of my own, but I prefer to keep them as last-resort, since they usually take a long time to complete. Remember, try to exhaust all options before attempting these steps and read my instructions very carefully.

What we're going to do here is delete your configuration files. Close all League of Legends processes by opening Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc). Next, you're going to navigate to the folder that contains your League of Legends files. It should look something like this:

Delete everything you see in that folder and open your Launcher again. If your Launcher does not automatically start downloading the now-missing files, you need to run a repair. Do so by clicking the gear icon in the top right and select "Repair."

Now, start a custom game and see if you still have FPS issues. If you do, I'm going to need some r3D logs. Please attach the newest file. Each file appears like this: 2011-05-24_21-11-32_r3dlog.txt. You can find them in the following directory:

Repairing by itself usually doesn't work for this process because the repair function only checks to see if you have the files, not if they are corrupt. Don't worry, you probably don't have a virus going around corrupting all your stuff, these files can mess up with a patch sometimes. If you want to be safe, you can always run a virus scan (http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/virus-scan-malware-scan.htm) after this.

I hope that I've helped you to the fullest extent. It's my goal to get fellow Summoners like yourself back on the Fields of Justice as quickly as possible. If you have any other questions or concerns, I'll be happy to answer them!

Thanks for the response, I will try this.

CIaddix

Recruiter

06-15-2013

Bump, any more solutions would be wonderful.

BlobPower

06-15-2013

Here you go:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=38067134

CIaddix

Recruiter

06-16-2013

Quote:
BlobPower:
Here you go:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=38067134

Thanks the solution where closing the client once in game helped me alot.

Elduris, your solution didn't work for me.