Aatrox: What counters him, and what does he counter.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JazzyDoes

06-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oO Slaave Oo View Post
You know, that make sense I'm not sure why I didn't think of Elise as a good counter. You have ranged poke, you have CC to interupt his attack combo, a good get away to dodge his Q and decent burst to deal with him as soon as bloodwell comes off. I'll add her in to the post, thanks!
No problem! I figured it out playing against one as Elise top. It was hard having him and Lux top together, but once she was out of the equation I got to him. There were a few times where he tried to dive me under my tower with his Q and I used Rappel to dodge. Once I came down, I changed back to human form, stunned him with my E, and made him take a few hits.
Thank you for adding her in.

Killawar

06-14-2013

As with any laner, probably Yorick.

oO Slaave Oo

06-14-2013

Yorick doesnt' really work too well. The reason Yorick is so brutal in lane is the constant harass from his ghouls. Its not a huge amount of damage, its more of a trickle, but its constant which means eventually the other laner gets low and yorick can combo them down. This however doesn't work with high sustain tops like Aatrox. The slow damage of the ghouls is just outclassed by his selfheals and you will end up eventually having to return to base to refresh your mana if you are spamming ghouls frequently enough to be able to get any form of damage to "stick" during which time he pushes your lane and wails on your tower.

While I love Yorick as a top laner, and play him frequently, I do not think he would make for a viable counter to Aatrox.

SiberianWolf

06-14-2013

Jax is a hard counter, simply because jax can outdamage and dodge attrox ult.

Rosnik

06-14-2013

i played against him top as akali and im not preaching that i was great or he was bad but i had a pretty easy time killing him and staying in lane. i just timed with his abilities and when he ultimated i wasnt sure what to expect from his power boost during it so i used shroud and ulted away to avoid him. pretty easy lane for me

asamu

06-14-2013

Riven, Renekton, Lee Sin, Jax, Elise, Teemo, and Quinn should all be solid counters. They have good early games, or kits that just completely ruin his day, and scale at least reasonably well into late game. His chasing capacity is weak without mallet, and his gap closer has a very short range.
His early game in lane is incredibly weak, so champions that can constantly poke him to deny farm, or have significantly stronger early games can easily shut him down.
Jax beats him because he can dodge Aatrox's main source of damage (Doesn't work quite as well if the Aatrox maxes E or Q first)
Quinn, Teemo, and Elise can all poke him down and have decent finishes, while also having good ways for mitigating/negating his damage.
Riven and Renekton just keep him from farming early on with their high burst damage, while using shields/sustain to minimize/negate most of his damage.

oO Slaave Oo

06-15-2013

So has anyone else tried AP Aatrox or Support Aatrox apart from me? Wondering if it was fluke that I won both those games by a landslide or if it may be a viable build.