Look what you AD Carry mains did to this game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FalconPawwwwnch

06-14-2013

This is not to directly insult ranged dps players. This thread is to address the game's health as a whole and how focusing the central of balance on ranged dps champs has completely stagnated the game at high levels of play, and how Riot's balancing patterns have led to this stagnation.

Because of your nonstop complaining about how useless your favorite class was, you resulted in the nerfs of everything that remotely counters you. Let's look over the past shall we?

Burst casters killing ad carries to fast? Nerf burst casters and nerf deathcap
Urgot dominates ad carry lanes? Nerfed to the ground
Malphite dominates ad carry in teamfights? Immediately nerfed
Nasus wither hurts ad carries too much? Wither nerfed immediately once nasus sees tournament play
Assassins bursting ad carries too fast? Nerf all assassins
People too tanky for you to kill? Warmogs nerfed, Randuins nerfed, Bork reworked to favor ad carries
Melee bruisers too threatening to ad carries? Nerf all bruiser itemization like atma's, warmogs, witt's end, trinity force, etc.
AD carries too safe in lane? Nerf every support (except thresh, the dude is like immune to nerfs somehow)
Every other champion role has been nerfed as a result of their impact on ad carries

As a result, currently in competitive play, ranged carry and support lanes are unstoppable. They have no counters in the laning phase and outscale every other lane lategame. No seriously, all of you trying to defend this strategy, can YOU come up with a legitimate counter to ad + support lanes in competitive play? I mean the pros haven't been able to and it's been 2 years!

Seriously, you guys need to realize you play the most dominant and mandatory class of champions in competitive play, who have destroyed competitions since Season 1, nearly two years now. Simultaneously, you expect everything that counters you to be destroyed?

And now, because of the nonstop nerfs to everything that remotely beats ad carries, some champions aren't even being desired in competitive play. Any melee champion now with no ranged farming tools, no innate sustain, resource limitations, or a shield is not even going to be picked, just because of the threat of 2v1 lane swaps making them useless. The worst part is that Riot actually supports this in their game. Anytime you ask Morello about the power and ranged ad + support lanes he says how problematic "bruisers" are. How many bruisers did YOU see in the LCS the past few days building damage and survivability? I saw 2, renekton and yorick, maybe a total of 4 times in over 20 games. Renekton lost in everygame he was played. ( No riven is not a bruiser, she builds mostly glass cannon, that's like saying zed is a bruiser, try building tanky items on riven and see how useful you are). Ranged champions like kennen and jayce are completely negating bruisers even being played in the LCS anyway. Morello just always comments on how overpowered and problematic bruisers are, and I wish I understood why. Having an ad carry every single game, and even two now in the OGN games is perfectly okay, or having double ap is okay, but having one laning melee bruiser on a team in not okay? Give me a ****ing break

Just wanted to add this here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cake View Post
People did cry about ADCs being pushed out of mid in favor of EUs ADC + Support bot lane in S1. But ADCs didn't get pushed out of the game. In fact, it still revolves around them. And what's more, they can still mid or even top if they want to.

Ranged tops have existed forever, but with all the nerfs to bruisers from all angles, the ranged tops are shoving an entire class out of viability unless they can jungle. However, with the ****ty gold income from jungling, even clearing and ganking well won't be enough to keep them all in. They need utility so they can function with low gold, like Jarvan.
People need to stop comparing ad carries to only ad carries, and compare them to other champions as a whole. Saying vayne's early game is "garbage" when she can be put in a solo lane to bully any non gap closing melee like singed (and still be trouble for others due to condemn) is just not right. Her early game is not bad relative to other champions. It's just bad compared to other Ad carries because of how dominant they are in a lane right now. It's the same thing with Quinn, she trolls all over melee in lane and they can't even do anything about it. People already realized at high elo that you don't need to play melees in a solo lane, that's why I've been seeing solo lane vayne and other ad carries, and people like kennen, ryze, etc. If the current trend continues there will be no reason to play melee champions in a solo lane. The only reason people still do is because 2v1 lane swaps haven't transfered to solo queue yet. In the OGN teams already are running double ad carries are winning with it. Also, isn't the fact that ad carries were the strongest picks in the magma chamber 1v1 tournament a sign that says "hey, maybe their early games are the best!" Was I the only one that said this or what?

I would kill for a response from Morello on this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
well, have you ever thought of the fact that this is how Riot wants the game to be played? if you don't like it, you're free to play another game, but if Riot wants the metagame to revolve around AD carries, then they have all the rights to insist in that and change the game to fit that.
If Riot really wants the game to be made this way (centered around ad carries), then so be it, it's their game. But at least come and tell your playerbase your intentions. That way we'll stop making threads hoping for the metagame to change, and maybe move on to a new game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danishthethird View Post
Yo, Yo, Yo, Yo.

Imma let you finish but---

Leave us poor support players out of this. Blame the obnoxious and entitled AD carries please, not us.
Oh I know it's not your fault. Your guys' role has turned into nothing but a ***** for the ad carry just because of how important they are to a team. Your Guys' ap ratios have been butchered so you don't scale well with gold just so you're pigeonholed into being a support. Their scaling makes it so you get no farm, and pairing them with you in a lane makes the lane unbeatable. But it's okay if you guys suffer with no farm, as long as the ad carries get what they want. The worst part is, everytime riot looks at bot lane power, YOU guys are the ones that get nerfed. The patch history of alistar and soraka are proof enough of that.

By far the best response in this whole thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Malevolence View Post
AD as a concept is inherently flawed, actually. But nobody demonstrates that bull**** quite as well as a ranged AD.
It causes something of a cycle of imbalance that really seems to be limited to AD, in that it's just bruisers and ranged AD's getting into it. It starts with ranged AD's being balls to the walls overpowered and completely invalidating melee AD champions.
So they made Pantheon. Pantheon was a horrifyingly bad design that was more or less incapable of even pretending to be balanced, so they tried to go a different path that created Xin.
Second verse same as the first, but they seemed to like bruisers more than AD casters so they rolled with it. They made champions intentionally overpowered, more or less for the specific goal of being able to function in a way that doesn't really work, that could function as damage dealers despite focusing mostly on durability so that they could survive the ranged AD bull**** and actually do something.
Which began a tumultuous battle between the bruiser, which seems to draw the ire of most people for reasons I don't quite understand, and the ranged AD, who people refuse to see as the aggressor in this dance of dystrophy. Sometimes bruisers, with their intentional imbalanced nature, managed to find something like... Say.... Metagolem, which would allow them to work too well, and that took away screen time from the ranged AD.
So it gets nerfed. And everyone's happy because the kings remain on their thrones.
Then season three comes along, and OH GOD! Ranged AD's feel a little weak, despite still being mandatory!
Innate that where the mogs nerf+BotRK overbuff came in?
And thus Riot demonstrated that between the two horrible offshoots that come from the abomination that is AD in general, they love ranged AD's more than they do bruisers. For some reason, they can't let the mandatory place on neigh every team that the class has been hogging for basically ever even come into question.

Nasus and Malphite didn't have anything that could scarcely be attributed to AP champions in their nerfs. And what's more is that both were both easily counterable despite the incessant AD players moaning about it. When any other champion has to deal with adversity,it ****ing deals with it, but the ranged AD's just get whatever ails them nerfed. I mean, it's not like either of the two were anywhere near actually making it so that ranged AD's weren't mandatory.
But you're pointing out that not every example was caused entirely because Riot was catering to ranged AD's.
Which doesn't disprove the fact that they're pretty blatantly catering to the most consistently overpowered class in the game.
@Riot @Morello @Xypherous
Better Nerf Irelia
A wild Scarizard has appeared
Damiya
Tons of damage
Phreak
I play X as a jungler

900 Upvotes and no red? Seriously?

This game's highest level of play is very stagnant and is becoming the same thing every single game. If you watch other mobas, trilanes are viable. I bet half of you have never even heard of that. Ranged carry + support lanes have dominated the metagame for half of LoL's existence, and quite honestly, most of us are fed up with it. It's boring to play, and it's boring to watch.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2013

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Warmogs more harmful to casters than it is to characters who are engineered to crit for 1K every .6 seconds?

Balkai

06-14-2013

"Hurr but I have the right to pick Vayne and be handed penta kills hurr I am the next doublelift!"

FalconPawwwwnch

06-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Warmogs more harmful to casters than it is to characters who are engineered to crit for 1K every .6 seconds?
Burst Casters had OLD DFG (the one before the mana regen removal, not the OP one that even kat abused), which Riot destroyed for some reason. Old DFG was core on any burst caster. The insanely high %health damage wrecked anyone stacking only health. That's why they had good itemization (burst casters). Deathcap was for squishies, void staff was for higher MR targets, and DFG was for high health targets. (But then Deathcap ended up being too good to rush so people started rushing it for the most part)

But warmogs wasn't nerfed because of burst caster complaints. burst casters were nerfed to the ground because ad carry mains complained about them making ad carries useless. It was because ad carry mains and doublelift complained about how tanky people were getting if they rushed a warmogs. Thus, Riot immediately nerfed it, and then randuins also, and then reworked bork for ad carries

Raid Boss Nami

Danishthethird

06-14-2013

Yo, Yo, Yo, Yo.

Imma let you finish but---

Leave us poor support players out of this. Blame the obnoxious and entitled AD carries please, not us.

Deathsage

06-14-2013

Biggest problem I have was how hard they nerfed Urgot. He was actually good for the first time in over a year, finally seeing some tournament play with his unique skill set and they IMMEDIATELY DESTROY HIM. Urgot is so worthless now its actually a bit funny (his ult might as well be melee range). Really disappointed with that decision

Zink

06-14-2013

you forgot to mention the adding of barrier to summoners rift, because staying alive in your lane was that much more difficult with just flash...

Enjuine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2013

I came here expecting to downvote...read OP, had to agree.

FalconPawwwwnch

06-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjuine View Post
I came here expecting to downvote...read OP, had to agree.

Yea the title might be a bit misleading, but I'm glad you read the OP before you judged. Wish more people on this forum were like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedFall View Post
Oh I know. This interview alone brainwashed half the LoL community that can't think for themselves. DId he mention anywhere that EVERYTEAM was still using ad carries EVERYGAME? "Oh but double bruiser lanes beat them!" Yea, that's why no team has dared to do that in season 3, and that's why ad + support lanes still are used everygame.