Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

KhaZix, From a Jungler's Point of View.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxWarDoomxX

06-14-2013

I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING THAT CHANGED BESIDES THE REMOVAL OF HIS VOID SPIKES BEING ABLE TO BE USED MID AIR

This is mostly based off of a reddit post I created- http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1g9fcf/khazix_changes_some_people_have_their_own/

I feel as though KhaZix's ganks have been hurt a lot with the removal of the Void Spikes being able to be cast mid Leap. My main concern is the animation of his Void Spikes leaves him unable to move.

Reddit Post-
So, today I played a few games of, which was my main, KhaZix jungle. At first I was very excited because of the changes to the jungle, and I do like them. After getting into the game further to the point when I began to gank, I realized how bad, no not bad horrible, my ganks were. I had lost a lot of burst without the Void Spikes being able to be activated within Leap, I understand how this burst could potentially be Op so I am overall fine with it, but after Leaping onto a target and Q'ing, I am left with a decision to either use Void Spikes or auto attack the target. The animation of Void Spikes is horrible because it leaves you frozen in place letting your target walk away. This also makes it pretty damn bad to use in a middle of a team fight because you lose your mobility. Since I love to build full on Assassin KhaZix (which is how he should be built since he is an assassin) this mobility is crucial so you don't get locked down and CC'ed to death.
Overall, in my opinion...
-KhaZix has lost a lot of his burst to take down targets, even at relatively low Health.
-KhaZix's Void Spikes need a "rework", maybe a better animation?
-In my opinion I think these nerfs were focused for lane KhaZix's alone, which isn't fair for jungle Khazix's.(KhaZix is classified as a Jungler)
-Possibly Role back this KhaZix E-W mid air combination
-I never found KhaZix to be "Op" before, people just didn't know how to play against him properly.
-I see him as a downside to a team now(requires even more "baiting" or positioning) like Ap Evelynn.
-KhaZix feels like a completely different Champion to me.

Riot created KhaZix to be able to Jungle as one of his main roles on a team, and they keep using "this is not how we intended KhaZix to be" as an excuse for the changes while hurting his ganks?
Edit: After Down Voting, Please explain why in the comments, Ty
Thank You to whoever up voted, now I know somebody understands.
Found Other Great Posts With Lots of Juicy Stuff, http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1g84jn/request_let_kha_zix_use_his_void_spikes_while/
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1g8umr/riot_please_think_about_fixing_what_you_have_done/
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1g9he9/khazix_feeling_much_too_clunky_now/
I posted quite a bit here, this might explain ALOT to people who don't agree-
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1g8z0y/darius_pull_e_change/cahwkqi

Give me Feedback, so I can truly understand your side of the situation.

Check Out His Win Rates Here, as you can see he was barely on the 50% mark-
http://www.lolking.net/champions/khazix#statistics

I would really like to hear more from riot, than just what Morello said about the reasons behind its removal during the patch notes. "to much fluidity compared to other champions" is not enough for me, sorry. Every champion is unique in its own way, so why remove one of KhaZix's unique aspects that was essential to his kit?

XxWarDoomxX

06-14-2013

Thank you for taking the time to read my opinion, and possibly reading others from the links I provided.
Be sure to leave a comment about why you disagree!

XxWarDoomxX

06-14-2013

Quote:
Benshare:
I play ADC, I'm glad he got nerfed everywhere

Haha, well the only problem I have with the changes was his ability to use Void Spikes mid Leap. This is crucial to a KhaZix's ganks. Also vital to his damage output, but now Void Spikes is forced to be cast outside of Leap and has a odd animation. Which killed your mobility in a team fight, letting you get CCed/locked down.

XxWarDoomxX

06-14-2013

Bump, this is a really big problem in my opinion, so it needs attention.

Martyrofsand

06-14-2013

Quote:
XxWarDoomxX:
Haha, well the only problem I have with the changes was his ability to use Void Spikes mid Leap. This is crucial to a KhaZix's ganks. Also vital to his damage output, but now Void Spikes is forced to be cast outside of Leap and has a odd animation. Which killed your mobility in a team fight, letting you get CCed/locked down.

While I might be ok with Kha getting the ability to cast his W in mid air again, or potentially changing the animation, I absolutely disagree with any of your other suggestions. The old argument of "people just didn't know how to play against him" is complete BS, in the past he could gibb someone In a single rotation of his kit and considering his E would reset and his Q CD is stupidly short that was way to much, it was even worse when you added his W poke was AoE and some of the highest in the game with Jayce and Nid being the only two competitors to potentially be higher.

I'll admit Muramana being broken as hell and core on him didn't help matters either. Since the changes against Kha he still lanes reasonably well and he gets a free slow on his W now without needing it to be evolved, this seems like it would help his ganking considering he already comes with a gap closer as well. The only thing I don't see him doing is insta-gibbing entire waves, and even some specific champs, like he used to do.

Right now I would he is in a much more balanced state than he was in the past. Asking for anything beyond a animation change on his W, and potentially the ability to cast it while mid leap, is way to much.

XxWarDoomxX

06-14-2013

Quote:
SacredMesa:
While I might be ok with Kha getting the ability to cast his W in mid air again, or potentially changing the animation, I absolutely disagree with any of your other suggestions. The old argument of "people just didn't know how to play against him" is complete BS, in the past he could gibb someone In a single rotation of his kit and considering his E would reset and his Q CD is stupidly short that was way to much, it was even worse when you added his W poke was AoE and some of the highest in the game with Jayce and Nid being the only two competitors to potentially be higher.

I'll admit Muramana being broken as hell and core on him didn't help matters either. Since the changes against Kha he still lanes reasonably well and he gets a free slow on his W now without needing it to be evolved, this seems like it would help his ganking considering he already comes with a gap closer as well. The only thing I don't see him doing is insta-gibbing entire waves, and even some specific champs, like he used to do.

Right now I would he is in a much more balanced state than he was in the past. Asking for anything beyond a animation change on his W, and potentially the ability to cast it while mid leap, is way to much.

The only thing I was trying to get at with this Thread was to either change the animation of his Void Spikes, or let you use it mid Leap again. Ty for your opinion though

Edit: So Akali needs to be nerfed to?! You should naturally know as a squishy not to 1v1 her anywhere. Not our fault if your stupid enough to 1v1 a fed KhaZix.

I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING THAT CHANGED BESIDES THE REMOVAL OF HIS VOID SPIKES MID AIR.

XxWarDoomxX

06-14-2013

Bumping for all Jungle KhaZix players.

Death Zed

06-14-2013

I don't think many people understand what us Kha'zix players are complaining about. Even after your explanation.

W nerf was required.
Q buff I found to be alright.

It is the casting of the spikes. Without doing that, Kha'zix is genuinely no fun. No fun whatsoever. Did Riot forget that assassins are burst heavy? Their health bar is supposed to go down instantly, Kha'zix is not a DPS AD caster. I'm not a big fan of Kha'zix jungle but I'm more of a mid laner, and the inability to have a decent engage at level 3 (like most other champs) is prettttttty darn frustrating.

XxWarDoomxX

06-14-2013

Quote:
Death Zed:
I don't think many people understand what us Kha'zix players are complaining about. Even after your explanation.

W nerf was required.
Q buff I found to be alright.

It is the casting of the spikes. Without doing that, Kha'zix is genuinely no fun. No fun whatsoever. Did Riot forget that assassins are burst heavy? Their health bar is supposed to go down instantly, Kha'zix is not a DPS AD caster. I'm not a big fan of Kha'zix jungle but I'm more of a mid laner, and the inability to have a decent engage at level 3 (like most other champs) is prettttttty darn frustrating.

Thank you good sir.

XxWarDoomxX

06-14-2013

Bumping since General discussion is full of people who don't want to listen and read properly.