Alright GD. How do I counter Aatrox top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Recently

06-13-2013

He appears very binary. He either is able to sustain off of creeps and whittle you down, or you zone him of creeps with a strong all in, and bully him for awhile.

Which is funny, because they specifically nerfed this type of gameplay when they hit irelia's hiten style and turtle udyr (multiple times).

Impaler Alucard

06-13-2013

Ryze Jayce Elise Kennen Kha'Zix

Off the top of my head.

Lost Compass

06-13-2013

Jayce.
Not even a real question.

Fenstick

06-13-2013

Critplank and his oranges laugh at Aatrox's "sustain"

Redona

06-13-2013

Teemo.... I never thought he was useful for anything!! O_O

But seriously, Jayce is awesome. Can he counter the sustain though? His all in, even after poke, might not be enough to bring him down. And top lane Ryze.... I've never even considered that.

Does.... does that work??!!!

Miko Ryukudo

06-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redona View Post
I'm talking early, mid, and late game. So far all I have is Malaphite, but that's still a match based on skill. Unfortunately, I don't usually top quite as often as I'd like, so I'm not quite sure how to go about beating him.

Which champs should I use? I was thinking Darius because of his MS/AS slow + bleed, Lee because of his slow and initiate/sustain. Has anyone tried it yet?
How..what? Malphite is a counter to melee fighters. Any matchup can be considered skill based, but when you have range slow harass, aoe atk spd debuff it should be a cake walk if you build tanky.

Sorry, not meaning to sound like a jerk.I know I can't play malphite to save my life, but I know how he is supposed to work n.n;;

Build frozen heart/randons omen, take ignight and play smart. Take a champ that can punish him for getting too close into melee range.

Darius
Malphite
Jax
Olaf
Jayce

Even Teemo would do great if you play smart. You see him jump up, place a mushroom where you are since it has a cast time for his jump and isnt instintanious and ready blind dart. Kite forever

cft24

06-13-2013

Also, his heal requires 3 hits, which means he will be pushing the lane. If your jungler is close, wait for Aatrox to engage on you first. His Q has high cooldowns.

Darksoul117

06-13-2013

Jax, Trundle, Riven and Renekton

ActuallyMellow

06-13-2013

you could play amumu and win, champ is garbage atm

Venerati0n

06-13-2013

Obviously people are still useless with him but I've done decently with Riven against him, I think her kit's pretty good against him but you never know, he might be hardwr to deal with in the right hands. Also, if he's jungling you should counter jungle him. There's a decent chance he's using blood price to get faster clears so he'll be low health, easy kills and denies him farm. He'll be near useless without farm, after all.