@Riot Why did you put so much emphasis on KDA?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2013

The players who really understand the game know that KDA doesn't really mean anything in the end. Getting kills and assists while not dying, like getting CS, like taking dragons, barons, towers is only a means to an end. In the full view of a game on SR, KDA is pretty insignificant by itself. However so much emphasis is placed on KDA. We see up to date KDA information in LCS games, we see KDA make as one of the biggest stat in the score sheet, in game summaries, and it perpetuates this wrong belief by the community that KDA is somehow important to winning. KDA includes so many factors and oversimplifies it into a number. A number that is meaningless and used by many in the tribunal to determine if a player is "intentionally feeding" or is a bad player.

So tired of rants on GD and forums of players saying they have a good KDA and they lose the game like that somehow absolves them of being a bad player. At the same time, you hide the real indicator of how good a player someone is, which is the MMR system and leave us with this sad excuse of a number that players can compare their e-peen to.

YogSoth0th

06-12-2013

Tanks/supports are an excellent example of this. I've saved my entire team a few times because I tanked all the damage and died so they could run. But of course, with KDA being as important as it is, the 2/10/9 tank or support only appears to be feeding. Not saving a horrible team from multiple aces

Nigh

06-12-2013

The only emphasis I've seen in LoL is on wins and losses. KDA does not affect your MMR one way or the other.

CynicalGiant

06-12-2013

Same reason they give you an individual ranking system in a team game.

This is America and we love showing off.

Pikachuux3

06-12-2013

More kills= more damage= more impact on the game.

Therefore, it is relevant to how a game is determined. Now if that person with a high KDA knew when to do objectives, take advantage of 4 people at bot by pushing top, then he wouldn't be complaining about a loss.

Derpmaciaa

06-13-2013

I don't know RIOT is just trying to glorify their pro player and trying to woo us with fancy lingo like KDA. Who knows why they love talking about KDA so much, it's their game but perhaps they are being idiots about it.

Fajita Milkshake

06-13-2013

'shut up noob your negative'

With 516 cs.
And 6 tower kills.
And every inhibitor kill.

Chrysalis is best pony

visceralsimplex

06-13-2013

I feel it was done because it is a standard thing to do. Lots of games nowadays highlight KDR as the most easily readable stat, which it is, because killing happens in the game as much as contesting objectives.

While taking objectives is the most important thing, it is surely not emphasized enough. How do you suggest they track "more important" stats in the game?

alxJaZe

06-13-2013

KDA means a lot in competitive play. If your KDA sucks but you won, generally you got carried or you were suicidally split pushing (which is bad anyways, because at high levels you will cost your team objectives like baron if you get caught out). Otherwise, good KDA and high win rates go hand in hand. And with so much money on the line, nobody is throwing fights or screwing their team over in order to preserve their KDA. So yeah, KDA is a useful statistic for LCS players.

BlGFISH

06-13-2013

Yea, riot knows KDA isn't everything, but is recorded and a good example of how someone and the team is doing.
Edward had a really his KDA in Europe LCS, something like 6+, so it is a show of how good they are and the team in general.
But I think the best stat is GPM, which shows how well the team is in generating gold, but also the individual.
Turtle had such a high GPM in his limited time last split, it was absurd something around 400+