Lissandra Underpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ØutPlayed

06-12-2013

I think Lissandra needs a larger scale buff, I have yet to fight a threatening Lissandra or to hear positive feed back from her direction. Even taking into account the recent buff to the duration of her ult to 2.5 from 1.5 she's still weak; to do any kind of damage or burst you have to basically be right on them and with the increasing amount of melee gap closing champs this makes her very difficult to play. That coupled with her fairly weak scaling makes her nonviable in the opinions of me, and a large number (all) of my fellow summoners.

I'd like to suggest a few changes that would serve to make Lissandra a more formidable AP carry on the battle field without completely changing her initiator type Glacial Path into selfcast Ult play style:

Rework her passive; Lissandra's passive is basically another Nunu passive with no major benefit besides saving 1 spell worth of mana, which on an AP carry building for mana isnt an issue to begin with if you know you will be consuming large amounts of it.

Change Ring of Frost from a low duration root to a low duration interrupt or possibly short distance knockback with a slow, she has no choice but to run from certain champs in which a LD root does not help. examples: Kat, fid, ect... This would give her more to work with vs such champions rather than being an easy target for them.

Make her Ult reset the CD on Glacial Path, this way if you choose to initiate using Glacial Path into a self cast Ult she has means of getting back to a reasonable, AP carry viable distance from the center of a team fight.

Please post if you have ideas that could help make Lissandra more viable. I enjoy her concept and all but for the time being I feel shes Karma 2.0, just waiting for a revamp to make her useful. I do not think my ideas are the best out there nor that I am completely correct in the matter I'd just like to see her a little stronger compared with whats out there. Cheers.

Silkdawn

06-12-2013

Well, I DO like the idea of having some sort of reduced CD on her Glacial Path, considering how squishy she is and often needs to be close up and personal and have a hard time getting out of those situations despite two other good skills to slow and root. This might also just be a practice part of playing her. With experience you know when to move in and when not to. Getting CDR items is also highly recommended.

HOWEVER. Ive never seen her as any AP carry in any way. Shes a utility mage for your team. Work WITH your team. This is why I like her. Ive been playing a lot of support in the past and I like mages. Lissandra gives me something in between. DPS perhaps not the best, but her utility is very good to help your team with. Her kit suits my style very well.

ØutPlayed

06-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdawn View Post
Well, I DO like the idea of having some sort of reduced CD on her Glacial Path, considering how squishy she is and often needs to be close up and personal and have a hard time getting out of those situations despite two other good skills to slow and root. This might also just be a practice part of playing her. With experience you know when to move in and when not to. Getting CDR items is also highly recommended.

HOWEVER. Ive never seen her as any AP carry in any way. Shes a utility mage for your team. Work WITH your team. This is why I like her. Ive been playing a lot of support in the past and I like mages. Lissandra gives me something in between. DPS perhaps not the best, but her utility is very good to help your team with. Her kit suits my style very well.
True, I suppose you could look at her as utility rather than APC however what makes you want to chose her over say Ori or someone that will not only out damage her and from further away but will toss out speed ups and have an AOE interrupt rather than a 1 person stun and a tiny root? Even if they just changed her ring of frost to how i suggested her i think they could make her much much more viable as both a ultiliy mage and an APC.

Halegorn

06-12-2013

You have the point of Lissandra all wrong. Lissandra is not meant to be a super burst mage, she is a poke you down before she kills you. Her poke and then combo is very destructive and I think she is just fine. Her passive is pretty bad, I will give you that. It has very little usefulness early game because she has to wait like 17 seconds to harass again without actually using mana to shorten it. Her W is fine. You either wait for them to engage before using it, or you engage on them and use it.

In the case of Katarina, you can easily beat her. She needs to be in melee range for her to use her full combo, and you can shut her down easy. W to prevent her from running away, E if you are too low, Q for harass and damage, and ult if she ults. She is really just fine.

In a team fight, all you are doing is poking until you see someone out of position and you e in, ult the person, make sure you get the ad or ap carry, or whoever is doing the most damage, and then when they all scatter from the damage, you and your team kill them. Granted not every fight will be so smooth, but that is the idea, if they all focus fire on you immediately, ult yourself and let them waste their ultimates. Lissandra should be the second line, to avoid the AoE and to get behind enemy lines to kill the valuable targets.

Long story short, she is just fine, and doesn't really need any buffs or nerfs.

ØutPlayed

06-12-2013

I suppose thats fair enough but her passive is garbage that had 0 thought put into it. Literally copied nunu with a slight difference so no one could point out that they literally... copied nunu's.

and id love if ring of frost was a knock back slow to interrupt channled spells without having to use ult, that and u could glacial path in behind them and knock them into team ect ect. would be much more fun.

Robot Beat Rally

06-13-2013

i loathe playing against a good liss... I think she's very hard to deal with if the player knows her very well

Hacky Sack Cat

06-13-2013

she really has all the damage she needs.

Hacky Sack Cat

06-13-2013

Although she mainly prevails in teamfights.

Ånxîety

06-13-2013

Instead of thinking of her as an APC. Think of her as an amazing teamfight presence/initiator in the right hands. You go in, hit everybody with your AOE & as soon as everybody focuses you; ult! But don't use it on the enemies. Use it on yourself! Get everyone around you. And the damage ain't just something to laugh at. Then your team comes in and cleans up or draws attention. That's when you join back in and if focused again, just pop your zhonyas. She's amazing in teamfights, but not in lane in my opinion.