patch 3.8 - cant 'Save' item sets

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Space Wrangler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-13-2013

I made item sets when that functionality was previously available.
The item sets i made do show up.
i can change item sets but the 'SAVE' button has no effect.
Then as i try to switch away from the item sets screen, a pop-up notice says (basically) "some things are not saved, do you wan to save them" if i choose yes, it just sits there thinking and never saves, and i have to do a force quit through OSX to escape that.

Also btw, there is no log files for lol on my system. i searched everywhere, used spotlight etc. LOL should make its own folder for these files in the ...
[install hard drive name]/System/Library/ [folder here]
or the
[install hard drive name]/Library/ [folder here]
this way users can uninstall/reinstall/move etc the app into a diffrent place and the log will stay where the application expects them to be.
If lol is putting them anywhere else, that is not good. To be clear, theese are not in the "user" files.

iMac 27" -mid 2011 (iMac12,2)
OSX 10.8.3
3.4Ghz intel core i7
16GB RAM 1333Mhz DDR3
AMD Radeon 6970 (2048 MB ram)

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F
SMC Version (system): 1.72f1

Adamosaur

06-13-2013

You can find your log files in the applications folder. Go to Applications, then right click on League of Legend.app and click "show package contents." Then click Contents, LOL, then RADS to see your launcher and kernel logs, or Logs to see your .txt logs by date.

I wish that Riot (or those in charge of the Mac Client) would update their "how to" post with this information.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

06-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamosaur View Post
I wish that Riot (or those in charge of the Mac Client) would update their "how to" post with this information.
Yeah, that sticky is so out of date its the opposite of helpful.

That said, I'm highly amused at the original poster spending god knows how long trying to find the logs on their machine, when you could have figured it out in seconds by searching online:

- support.leagueoflegends.com, search for logs, second hit is the mac article.
- google "lol logs mac" and the top result is the same article.
- search the mac forums for "where are my logs" and the 5th hit is a guide I wrote on how to find your logs, among other things.
- The vast majority of threads in this forum have a reply by me asking for system specs and logs, with a link to the same thread.

Yes, the logs (and configuration files) technically should live in the usual places where all other mac logs live, but when has any gaming company actually respected this at launch? Even Blizzard screwed it up for their past few games, and it took months of complaining to get the files moved.

MadmanWithBox

06-14-2013

*FIX*
As to your original issue - I've found that deleting the empty boxes in your item sets where Malady used to be fixes the client freeze problem.