My client becomes unresponsive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armonico

06-13-2013

Hey guys, Since the new patch my client has kept becoming unresponsive and i am unable to close the client (not even force quit) to exit it i have to force shut down by holding down my power button as i can't shut down unless LoL is closed down.

Adamosaur

06-13-2013

The client hangs when I click the X or to exit it otherwise. I personally am able to close the application by holding alt, command, and pressing escape. This opens up the window to forcequit applications. This works for me for quitting the LoL client (since the in game methods don't work).

If you can't see the popup window with alt,command,escape, then I recommend you play in windowed mode. This will allow you to command tab out of the LoL client, and quit the game through the dock or through activity monitor. Just posting this because force quitting the lolclient should not be an issue, and should not require you to restart your computer by hard rebooting.

MadmanWithBox

06-14-2013

Do you have Malady in any of your custom item sets? Malady was removed from the game in the 3.8 patch, and now there are empty boxes in our item sets where it used to be. Apparently, these aren't supposed to be there and they cause the client to act up.

Adamosaur

06-14-2013

Thank you for catching this! I've deleted my item sets that had malady and now I can exit the program correctly. This has also fixed the item set freezing when trying to save. I can now make new item sets (and save them successfully). Lovely