Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Tryndamere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anniie

12-14-2009

Look at the item. Look at its price. It is massively undervalued at the moment. It hoses Yi's meditate/Mundo's regen/Zilean's ult/the enemy Tryndamere. Even without all of that you're still getting the crit and lifesteal. The lifesteal is also good for soloing buffs without losing health btw.

TrickyCat

12-14-2009

Quote:
mortgar:
What i dont get is why some1 suggested crit dmg runes.
as tryndamere u got enough crit dmg, aslong as u crit all the time aka ur Q skill.
As far as im concerned u either go full crit chance page (20%), or a hybrid of marks crit CHANCE.
but never crit dmg.
also, the way i build tryndamere is different. the executioners is good yes, but playing 3 or even 4 avarice blades can be just as good, depending on team setup. its all about the crit chance in the end, not the gold per second or heal.

1 thing tryndamere lacks if he wants to dps, is attackspeed. so why not try going for starks instead of executioners? and ofcourse i edge if ur game goes on long enough.
if some1 has starks or is allready building it, then just change ur build as u fit appropriate. most of the time though, i will state in the beginning im building since its a rly rly good item on trynd(or any psysichal dps carry).

u should be sitting around 80% crit chance critting for 350-ish, and ur Q skill will fill up easily.

And to dreamy: i dont know what u mean but, the lifesteal isnt the thing keeping u up, its the HEAL SKILL. 50x8, around every 12 seconds
400 health per 12 seconds (idealy).
since ur packing around 2k health tops, it fills up rather quickly.

its funny to see ur shouting at people, when u urself dont seem to be the one whos actualy thinking over his items. also, ive seen in another thread u said something like: ud be surprized to see how high my ELO is... i would tell u, i will be surprized if its over 1500 if u can pubstomp people like that and the way u think ur the best by stating 2 wins is enough to justify a build on tryndamere.
taking screenies of obvious ownage isnt what makes you good. Its the close games where people shine that matter.

crit chance... runes? How bad can you be? Crit chance is easy to buy in game. Crit damage is a much harder stat and a much more rewarding one. Protip: You can't have enough crit damage. Seriously.

Executioner's is situational, Only get it to nerf heals, otherwise avarice blades.

mortgar

12-14-2009

ok lemme sum it up for u why i think crit chance is better.
31% chance to do twice the dmg (with 20% crit chance runes), vs 11% chance to do 2.5 times the dmg (with 50% dmg runes).
which should theoreticly be something like:

lets say u do 100 dmg, no armor, no armor pen or **** like that.
now over 100 hits, it would be 69x100 + 31x200=13100
same math on the 11% chance but 250% dmg.
89x100 + 11x250 = 11650
1500 dmg difference.

not to mention u allready get crit dmg from ur Q skill, and in the end infinity edge if it lasts that long. its a complicating sum. but in the end, the one thing thats gona make the difference is the fact that ur EARLY harrasment will be huge with crit chance runes in comparance to crit dmg runes.
U seem to be forgetting tryndamere doesnt get cooldown reduction on his E skill for critting a huge number, its for alot of crits. same goes for his Q skill. which gives in return dmg and heals.

And yes, crit chance is easy to buy, but thats the whole thing about tryndamere!

Bottom line: u can play trynd how u want to play him, but he needs to get crits. and lots of them.

Cyatomorrow

12-14-2009

Quote:
mortgar:
its funny to see ur shouting at people, when u urself dont seem to be the one whos actualy thinking over his items. also, ive seen in another thread u said something like: ud be surprized to see how high my ELO is... i would tell u, i will be surprized if its over 1500 if u can pubstomp people like that and the way u think ur the best by stating 2 wins is enough to justify a build on tryndamere.
taking screenies of obvious ownage isnt what makes you good. Its the close games where people shine that matter.

385 dreamenddischarger 1849
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=33949&highlight=blankets

Also, everyone in that first screenshot are Top 500, so it's not just a "pubstomp."

dreamydischarge

12-14-2009

Quote:
mortgar:

I'm sitting at around 1950 at the moment. You really ought to do some research before you come in and talk ****

TrickyCat

12-14-2009

Quote:
mortgar:
ok lemme sum it up for u why i think crit chance is better.
31% chance to do twice the dmg (with 20% crit chance runes), vs 11% chance to do 2.5 times the dmg (with 50% dmg runes).
which should theoreticly be something like:

lets say u do 100 dmg, no armor, no armor pen or **** like that.
now over 100 hits, it would be 69x100 + 31x200=13100
same math on the 11% chance but 250% dmg.
89x100 + 11x250 = 11650
1500 dmg difference.

not to mention u allready get crit dmg from ur Q skill, and in the end infinity edge if it lasts that long. its a complicating sum. but in the end, the one thing thats gona make the difference is the fact that ur EARLY harrasment will be huge with crit chance runes in comparance to crit dmg runes.
U seem to be forgetting tryndamere doesnt get cooldown reduction on his E skill for critting a huge number, its for alot of crits. same goes for his Q skill. which gives in return dmg and heals.

And yes, crit chance is easy to buy, but thats the whole thing about tryndamere!

Bottom line: u can play trynd how u want to play him, but he needs to get crits. and lots of them.

Critting a lot helps almost exclusively early game. And it's not hard to get infinity edge in every game you play if you're smart. And 3 avarice blades are cheap, dont hinder your farming, and give you all the crit chance you need. Furthermore, my crits will hit ridiculously hard even early game. So while you *may* have a higher chance to crit, my crits will be doing 40+% Damage more than yours.

With a full runepage right now, I have almost 50% crit damage, almost as good as Infinity Edge, and the kicker is that msot of my runes are tier 2 with tier 3 quints. Your crit chance runes lose efficiency at about 6 minutes in, when I have some avarice, and my crit damage begins to out perform yours.

Crunx

12-14-2009

Quote:
dreamydischarge:
I'm sitting at around 1950 at the moment. You really ought to do some research before you come in and talk ****

you should just print this page out so you can suck off your own e-peen as that seems more relevant to you and this thread than any sort of "guide" at this point.

FrankMcCrank

12-14-2009

Quote:
TrickyCat:
my crits will be doing 40+% Damage more than yours.

50% crit dmg is 25% more dmg on crits.

50/200=0.25. if crit dmg runes works like IE.

Bait

Recruiter

12-14-2009

50% crit damage is 25% more damage IF your crit chance is 100%.

if your crit chance is 50%, 50% crit damage is 12.5% more damage, etc.

dreamydischarge

12-14-2009

Quote:
Crunx:
you should just print this page out so you can suck off your own e-peen as that seems more relevant to you and this thread than any sort of "guide" at this point.

>Joined: ?????? 2009