Who will you be cheering for in the LCS Summer Split?

Cloud 9 HyperX 11 27.50%
Counter Logic Gaming 4 10.00%
Curse Gaming 6 15.00%
Team Coast 0 0%
Team Dignitas 1 2.50%
TSM Snapdragon 17 42.50%
Velocity eSports 0 0%
Vulcan TechBargains 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

LCS Summer Split

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

06-12-2013

The LCS Summer Split starts this afternoon at 1pm Pacific, 4pm Eastern.

Who will you be cheering for this split?
What are you looking forward to this split?
What do you think will be the biggest surprise this split?
What, if any, meta changes do you expect to see?

And if anyone feels like it, let's use this thread as the discussion point for those watching the LCS matches live when they start in 6 hours.

Here's the week 1 schedule:
All times Pacific, blue team listed first, purple team listed second

Wednesday, June 12th
1PM - Team Coast vs TSM Snapdragon
2PM - Curse vs Vulcan TechBargains
3PM - Team Dignitas vs Cloud 9 HyperX
4PM - Counter Logic Gaming vs Velocity eSports
5PM - TSM Snapdragon vs Cloud 9 HyperX
6PM - Team Coast vs Vulcan TechBargains

Thursday, June 13th
1PM - Curse vs Velocity eSports
2PM - Counter Logic Gaming vs Dignitas
3PM - Cloud 9 HyperX vs Curse
4PM - Team Dignitas vs TSM Snapdragon
5PM - Vulcun TechBargains vs Velocity eSports
6PM - Team Coast vs Counter Logic Gaming

Friday, June 14th
1PM - Velocity eSports vs Team Dignitas
2PM - Cloud 9 HyperX vs Team Coast
3PM - TSM Snapdragon vs Vulcun TechBargains
4PM - Counter Logic Gaming vs Curse
5PM - Team Dignitas vs Team Coast
6PM - Vulcun TechBargains vs Counter Logic Gaming
7PM - TSM Snapdragon vs Curse
8PM - Velocity eSports vs Cloud 9 HyperX

DarkSickle01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2013

Looking to see how Doublelift does after playing against Korea. Will be fun watching WildTurtle too. I doubt there will be any meta changes but looking to see aggressive starts like Korea. Wanna see how the new top lane for CLG works out too

ChillxIGotThis

06-12-2013

I'm anxious to see if the meta will revert back to what is used to be after the jungle changes.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

06-12-2013

Yea, personally I'm looking to see how well Curse does now that they have a legitimate top tier support. I think Cop has a chance of being WAY better this season now that he'll be working with such a good support.

But I also think Cloud 9 is going to be in the top 4 all season long. All through the Spring Split, the commentators all referred to "the top 4" being CLG, Curse, Dignitas, and TSM. I don't think they'll be able to do that this season. Cloud 9 will be up there the entire time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillxIGotThis View Post
I'm anxious to see if the meta will revert back to what is used to be after the jungle changes.
Yea, I actually don't know whether they'll be playing on patch 3.8 or not today.

For as much as they delayed patch 3.8 on the Live Servers, that the final patch day coincides with the first day of the Summer Split kind of makes me think they will be playing on 3.8...

DarkSickle01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2013

Cop is definitely a beast. I would put Curse and TSM at the big 2 that will dominate fosure. Isn't Velocity the new team?

ChillxIGotThis

06-12-2013

Yeah, Velocity was looking pretty good in Spring.

Mich567

06-12-2013

Cop was already quite consistently good...
Wildturtle is gonna continue to dominate and their bot lane will carry the team through any bad times. And I'm not sure if Team Coast will be able to repeat their performance, but I hope they will.
CLG had that major overhaul, and we'll have to see how they do... but I thought Nientonsoh was and is one of the best ADCs. I remember that match where he went 14/0 and had over 400 CS at 37 minutes with Tristana. The LCS caused me to play more Tristana . Nientonsoh has some of the best mechanics and I think HotShot made a good choice in recruiting him for top lane, and I think CLG will be able to succeed easily.
Curse will be able to succeed well with Edward, and Cop may be able to challenge Wildturtle at ADc. I think Dignitas will drop just because the other teams may be gaining ground on them after recruiting more players... personally I think the top 4 will be 1. TSM, 2. Curse, 3. CLG (Curse vs. CLG will be close), 4. Cloud 9 or Team Coast pulling off the upset. I really don't believe in Vulcun*, and I'm not sure about Velocity. They are pretty good though...

MicKretz

06-12-2013

cant w8, so excited...i should take a quick nap so i can watch it all and not fall asleep

i used to cheer for curse...but i cant stand saints attitude, still a voyboy fan...love his stream, he is very educational

love xpecial + wild turtle

love crumbzz and the beard

anxious to see doublelift perform after a great showing in all-star

i miss megazero already

PogoPogoPogoPogo

06-12-2013

Cop is a pretty good AD... he just hadn't been so great at the C part of the role. There was a match where he was like 14-2 as Twitch and still wasn't carrying. He always played too passively in my opinion, and I say this as someone who likes Curse...

Velocity eSports and Cloud 9 HyperX are the two new teams this season. They defeated Team MRN and Quantic Gaming, respectively, to earn their spots. Team Dignitas and Counter Logic Gaming both had to play in the promotion series as well, but won their series so they could remain in the LCS. Team Coast is GGU from last season. They were renamed.

TJ MightyAce

06-12-2013

Im a big TSM fan, because i love their top laner Dyrus. But im honestly most excited to see Cloud 9's appearance in this.They finally made into the LCS and its an entire team composed of soloQ legends. Can't wait to see how they perform against the older teams.

12345 ... 6