Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot killed my game mode. A message to ADAM and ABAM players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrosPigeon

06-13-2013

Babycakes and I are dedicated to build a community for the people who like HA in other formats than ARAM. Like elunge suggested, we made a chat group to help all the ABAM and ADAM users set up matches.

Group chat name: "Blind Draft HA"

There is also the possibility to make a special group only for ABAM players and one only for ADAM, if ever needed.

RaptorJesus1098

06-13-2013

Bump. I too would like to see ADAMs make a comeback.

Euthrosyne

06-13-2013

Hosting games throughout the night~

GrosPigeon

06-13-2013

GGs hopefully we can get even more games going tomorrow.

Redenbacher

06-13-2013

Question: I've never played ADAM or ABAM for the obvious reason - we know there are a 'cheesecake tier' of champions that out perform most others, and I assume every game will include these champions.

How, or why does your experience dictate otherwise?

I ask, because I'm honestly curious. It seems like, once you get past a certain point, all you're going to see every game of ABAM/ADAM is Lux/Bltz/Jayce/Nidalee/Sona et al.

GrosPigeon

06-13-2013

Quote:
Redenbacher:
Question: I've never played ADAM or ABAM for the obvious reason - we know there are a 'cheesecake tier' of champions that out perform most others, and I assume every game will include these champions.

How, or why does your experience dictate otherwise?

I ask, because I'm honestly curious. It seems like, once you get past a certain point, all you're going to see every game of ABAM/ADAM is Lux/Bltz/Jayce/Nidalee/Sona et al.

These champs are more than often banned in the champion selection or picked that is true (except for blitz). But sometimes we also add lobby bans to stimulate creative play. What I usually lobby ban is: "Sona Soraka Nidalee Jayce Heimerdinger Lux Fiddlesticks Alistar" That on top of the 6 bans in champion select. Making it 14 bans total.

Edit: Tbh with lobby bans, ADAM is the best game mode. There are still a few broken champions but no more "cheesecake tier" that ruin the game completely. Also with Draft it introduces the concept of picking champions in synergy with each other as well as counterpicking.

Redenbacher

06-13-2013

So if I'm understanding you correctly, there needs to be a larger pool of bans to make ADAM viable? What about ABAM?

GrosPigeon

06-13-2013

Quote:
Redenbacher:
So if I'm understanding you correctly, there needs to be a larger pool of bans to make ADAM viable? What about ABAM?

Well ADAM is still viable without the additionnal bans, you're simply enabling the most OP champions if you don't lobby ban them. Both teams have access to them. The matches are balanced but the teams vary a lot less from game to game.
Edit: Still, picks are usually diversified. I've been playing ADAM ever since Draft mode was released and I've seen all the champs being played (including Aatrox today)

As for ABAM I cannot say much about it. I have nearly no experience with the game mode. I think it's mostly about cheesing your opponents since they can't counterpick you or even see what comp you're going. Pick synergy is very important. For all I know about ABAM, mirror picks are extremely frequent. I have never hosted ABAMs, perhaps someone else who reads this thread can tell you more about it.

FDru

06-13-2013

In ABAM you see a lot of cheese comps.

AOE (Sona, Lux, Amumu, MF)
Basketball (Blitz, Thresh, Alistar)
Poke/Sustain (Sona, Soraka, Nidalee)

There's also a lot of tanks being picked in my experience. Usually someone demands a tank in champ select (after insalocking squish, of course).

You will probably see Lux Jayce and/or Nid in basically every match, but surprisingly not a lot of Sona (I guess she is so boring that people don't want to play her even when it's a free win). Aside from that there is some variety... it's not uncommon to see 2-4 oddball champs in each match. But you do have those matches where both teams are full poke.

Actually, lobby bans make a lot more sense for Blind. Draft still takes too long to set up IMO. With games so short it's possible to spend half the time in champ select as you do in game.

OphiesInterlude

06-13-2013

I would definitely play ABAM or ADAM. Even though there are a lot of the same champs like Nid or Jayce, it's still fun cause I get to pick who I play. I miss ABAM /:, there's less than half of ABAM games available these days than before the new ARAM queue was implemented.