Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Firewall Blocking Connection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SgtSilverWolf

Member

06-11-2013

Hi There,

Everything works fine when I log into league get to character select and select my character. The problems arise just after that when it moves to the loading screen, my loading screen does not appear my screen remains completely black for around 30 seconds or so until I get a box with this message: Error: " Unable to connect to server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?" Now when I click retry it takes me to the loading screen and the rest of my game will run fine until I try to start another game.

Now logic would dictate I have a firewall enabled and that I should disable it to get rid of this message however I have disabled Windows firewall completely and even stopped its service and the firewall in my modem is not configured nor enabled so this one has me scratching my head, perhaps you can assist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SgtSilverWolf

Member

06-13-2013

Although this doesn't stop me from playing it is quite annoying some help would be appreciated......


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DantesYamato

Junior Member

06-13-2013

Have you added it as an exception? ._.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

06-13-2013

Quote:
SgtSilverWolf:
the firewall in my modem is not configured nor enabled so this one has me scratching my head, perhaps you can assist.


Your modem's firewall comes automatically configured, and unless you've chosen to bypass it completely by putting yourself in the DMZ (which isn't the safest thing to do) likely it's still active.

However, more often, the issue in these cases is an overzealous anti-virus or internet security program.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SgtSilverWolf

Member

06-13-2013

Ok so adding myself to the DMZ has resolved the issue. However this is obviously not the safest idea so do you have a list of ports/ip addresses I need to add as exceptions for LoL I find it strange that my firewall is completely disabled in my router and yet I still have issues but in any case exceptions should resolve it safely


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magic Mycroft

Junior Member

06-13-2013

Quote:
Aregionius:
Your modem's firewall comes automatically configured, and unless you've chosen to bypass it completely by putting yourself in the DMZ (which isn't the safest thing to do) likely it's still active.

However, more often, the issue in these cases is an overzealous anti-virus or internet security program.


I am having the same problem. My primary account is locked into a game I am forced to continually reconnect to, leading to a black screen and the firewall connection error. This has been the case for the last 1-2 hours. My secondary account however starts games up just fine. Therefore, it seems there is an issue on Riot's side with the connection my account is trying to make, not my firewall or antivirus settings.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

06-13-2013

Quote:
SgtSilverWolf:
Ok so adding myself to the DMZ has resolved the issue. However this is obviously not the safest idea so do you have a list of ports/ip addresses I need to add as exceptions for LoL I find it strange that my firewall is completely disabled in my router and yet I still have issues but in any case exceptions should resolve it safely


Definitely not the safest thing.

Make sure you set the exceptions listed here - https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20133372-port-forwarding-for-league-of-legends


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SgtSilverWolf

Member

06-13-2013

Yeah I am aware it's not the safest thing it was just a test measure lol.
Thanks for your help Aregionius I'll add those exceptions and post again if I need more help


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SgtSilverWolf

Member

06-14-2013

Ok I added the port forwards and removed myself from the DMZ and the issue still occurs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SgtSilverWolf

Member

06-14-2013

Also after adding these port forwards my loading times have gone through the roof