Firewall Blocking Connection

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SgtSilverWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2013

Hi There,

Everything works fine when I log into league get to character select and select my character. The problems arise just after that when it moves to the loading screen, my loading screen does not appear my screen remains completely black for around 30 seconds or so until I get a box with this message: Error: " Unable to connect to server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?" Now when I click retry it takes me to the loading screen and the rest of my game will run fine until I try to start another game.

Now logic would dictate I have a firewall enabled and that I should disable it to get rid of this message however I have disabled Windows firewall completely and even stopped its service and the firewall in my modem is not configured nor enabled so this one has me scratching my head, perhaps you can assist.

SgtSilverWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2013

Although this doesn't stop me from playing it is quite annoying some help would be appreciated......

DantesYamato

06-13-2013

Have you added it as an exception? ._.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

06-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSilverWolf View Post
the firewall in my modem is not configured nor enabled so this one has me scratching my head, perhaps you can assist.
Your modem's firewall comes automatically configured, and unless you've chosen to bypass it completely by putting yourself in the DMZ (which isn't the safest thing to do) likely it's still active.

However, more often, the issue in these cases is an overzealous anti-virus or internet security program.

SgtSilverWolf

06-13-2013

Ok so adding myself to the DMZ has resolved the issue. However this is obviously not the safest idea so do you have a list of ports/ip addresses I need to add as exceptions for LoL I find it strange that my firewall is completely disabled in my router and yet I still have issues but in any case exceptions should resolve it safely

Magic Mycroft

06-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Your modem's firewall comes automatically configured, and unless you've chosen to bypass it completely by putting yourself in the DMZ (which isn't the safest thing to do) likely it's still active.

However, more often, the issue in these cases is an overzealous anti-virus or internet security program.
I am having the same problem. My primary account is locked into a game I am forced to continually reconnect to, leading to a black screen and the firewall connection error. This has been the case for the last 1-2 hours. My secondary account however starts games up just fine. Therefore, it seems there is an issue on Riot's side with the connection my account is trying to make, not my firewall or antivirus settings.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

06-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSilverWolf View Post
Ok so adding myself to the DMZ has resolved the issue. However this is obviously not the safest idea so do you have a list of ports/ip addresses I need to add as exceptions for LoL I find it strange that my firewall is completely disabled in my router and yet I still have issues but in any case exceptions should resolve it safely
Definitely not the safest thing.

Make sure you set the exceptions listed here - https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...gue-of-legends

SgtSilverWolf

06-13-2013

Yeah I am aware it's not the safest thing it was just a test measure lol.
Thanks for your help Aregionius I'll add those exceptions and post again if I need more help

SgtSilverWolf

06-14-2013

Ok I added the port forwards and removed myself from the DMZ and the issue still occurs

SgtSilverWolf

06-14-2013

Also after adding these port forwards my loading times have gone through the roof

12345 ... 8