Countering Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdAsIce11

01-24-2010

I play Blitzcrank and I have never had a problem facing twitch 1v1.

As soon as Twitch appears with his ultimate, hes gets an exhaust(optional) followed immediately by a rocket grab with stuns him and brings him right next to me. After the stun I power fist him in the face which flings him into the air leaving him STILL unable to do ANYTHING to me. After the rat has been tossed around helplessly, I sometimes use my ultimate for a quicker kill but usually at this point hes at no hp.

The moral of the story, Twitch gets T-bagged by Blitzcrank's robot balls.

sogy

01-24-2010

alot of people say teemo but i was playing him he other day against twitch and he used his ultimate so i blinded him and he still hit me i dont kno if its his ult that cancels the blind or if he's that OP

Ligr

01-24-2010

your best bet is getting an oracle and make sure to CC him once he initiates. He needs to stay stunned in teamfights, otherwise you will die.

BlackDante

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogy View Post
alot of people say teemo but i was playing him he other day against twitch and he used his ultimate so i blinded him and he still hit me i dont kno if its his ult that cancels the blind or if he's that OP
Blind doesn't stop the poison that Twitch's ult spreads.

The real answer to your question is play better characters. If you aren't playing a character with a stun just give up.

PatMcGroyne

01-24-2010

The way i counter twitch is to simply run away I usually play as sivir and I should hit lvl 6 before he hits lvl 4. If you aren't outleveling everyone (other than Heim) you are doing something wrong By the time twitch gets his SnP I have more health more speed and I have my ult. Now most people use their ult for attacking and trying to get kills which it can work for but usually it's not ideal unless you have 2 other champions with you. I try to save my ult for escaping I use exhaust rally and my ult. 10 seconds after twitch goes missing and you are at low health pop rally Heal up for 5 seconds twicth will come to kill you now he has usually already comitted and he thinks he is tough shiz. Now as soon as twitch attacks you use exhaust because he is going to use SnP right away your exhaust wastes the first half of his SnP. If you outgear him badly and you have a Infinity Edge by this point Twitch is going to die. Pop your ult if you think you are going to die just run. It doesnt matter if he has used DB on you he is exhausted and you will run much faster. However Many time I like to surprise twitch if I have my infinity edge. First thing throw your boomerang then just attack. with 65% attack speed by your boomerang should kill him by the time it comes back lol and that was 3 seconds.

Yesterday my team fed a Udyr and he had his full gear all 6 items fully upgraded the way he wanted. I had Starks>Berserker Greaves>Infinity Edge>Last Whisper... Needless to say he thought I was isolated and could kill me I popped rally exhausted him and threw a boomerang and he was dead before he could even run up to me... 600 crits aren't huge but when you are hitting someone for 600 crits 2.5x per second they are gonna have issues.

This is also a good strategy when teams try to gank you with ricochet you can hit everyone at the same time. By the time you kill the first person everyone else is only at 1/3 HP and then with the lifesteal from starks after they are autoattacking because they used their spells you gain more HP than you lose. Yesterday 3 people tried to gank me I can't quite remember what the hero's were but there was a jax. Three people jumped on me. I killed 2 of them at the same time because one was a glass cannon and had low HP so the ricochets got him then i was attacking Jax and one more attack and I would've killed him. I shoulda popped spell shield but I was thinking and he killed me but he was 1 hit away from dead.

I don't recommened taking the 3v1 if twitch is in the group though he will kill you and you probably wont kill anyone because he is a tought character to beat but 1v1 he isn't impossible.

Spikey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2010

There seems to be a lot of *****ing in this thread. I didn't read it all.

Twitch is very hard to counter, an Oracles really doesn't overly help, unless he's the kind of twitch that initiates from almost point blank. Wards are your best bet. Slap them around wherever your having most of your team fights and they can give you a strong advantage. They stealth so the enemy doesn't know they're there, the way they can for an oracles, and they can't focus u down to remove it.

TheDub

01-24-2010

A stealth-sniper? Seriously, the only way to fail at this char is by being mentally handicapped. It just takes a smart twitch with Cleanse + Banshees and it's over for your team. Oracles is a complete waste of gold since you'll get burned down unless you're a tank, and we all know that they suck at farming. Positioning wards all over the map for one char is stupid, not to mention you can't carry any extra items once you cap out at 6.

Eviant

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
yep if you keep twitch from getting kills early on in the game his done for his going to be an easy kill, if not then his going to be trouble if his with the right team and the player actually know how to play him.

My god...Does anyone have any knowledge of the English language? I know Spell checker isn't perfect, but please tell me that your English teachers have taught you all the difference between His, and He's.

(Forgive me for the rant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrose View Post
I play Twitch.

I'm scared of: Yi, Tryn, Cho'gath, Eve.
But mostly Yi.
Being scared of Yi is well justified lol. In my short time of playing as him, I can rack up something like 15-25 kills in a 30 min game. However, always remember, If you can stun him or disable him in some way, (Slows are not suggested, as Highlander negates that) you will often be able to take full advantage of his squishiness. I'd be more concerned with Eve, as good players can easily pull off a kill on their own, and long before you realize that she disappeared.

Talysien

01-24-2010

I just went 36/2/8 on twitch, guys.

Stark Lonestar

02-02-2010

If you are a CAPTAIN WINBEARD like myself! Twitch dies in 2 hits from Parrley so if you use cooldown reduction runes, he pops out of stealth, you parley him for 1.2k wait 4 seconds and eat some citrus fruit which if you play WINBEARD right heals you for about 1/3 of your life or more negating twitches non-spray and pray damage and by the time he realizes that your parrrrrrrrrrley is off CD and he needs to burn his ult you ****ing ULT on top of him and shoot his rat ass in the face for another 1.2k + crit game over! Throw that dead rat in the garbage and push that lane and wreck a tower solo with morale! GG quit your QQ and just learn to play, CAPTAIN WINBEARD 4 LYFEEEE! YARRRRRRRRRRRRRR! : )