Countering Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

notDeAdYet

01-17-2010

the reason people are qqing about twitch is because he has no hard counters.
exhaust, stun, works great. but they work great on anyone.
what pwns twitch is teamwork, coordination, and information/intelligence.
if i was in a pub game where i had ONE of those three key aspects, i would turn into a religious man, because only a MIRACLE could have occurred.
twitch is a HARD carry HARD enough to bum-rape godzilla with how item dependent he is.
much like all the other HAAARD carries. (yi, trynd, corki, every champion that the community has complained about, and gotten nerfed. seeing a trend here?) he should be your #1-#2 priority in team fights, his location needs to be constantly known and his build needs to be relayed to your team (not hard to guess on this part actually, he's ALWAYS stacking atkspd.)
now i realize he has stealth, which makes knowing where he is can be hard. but one can at least theorize his location, if halfway through the game you go past river with 2 of your own turrets down chasing some low-hp champ and twitch pops up and rapes you, its no one's fault but your own.
also people complain about how the whole game's centered around countering twitch, and i have to bring up a point here while we're on the topic already, because people also complain about the whole game being centered around countering yi. I played dota for quite a while in my life, and that's the way its suppose to work isn't it? the only REASON they're called "carries" is that they're suppose to be more wtfsauce than anyone else, and you're suppose to focus him down on high priority and shut him down early game.
twitch, yi, trynd (use to)
are all pubstomp champs, if you had enough, find 3-4 friends, start a team, learn how to coordinate, or kidnap hobos or train your dogs really well idunno.

Limilicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

I simply think it just depends on skill level/experience of the player, and if they have some sort of stun, blind, exhaust, etc. Most games I pick Exhaust as one of the two spells, good for blinding and escaping and chasing. Good for countering those auto attack DPS champions as well. Makes Twitch/Ashe, for example, quite useless. Since you don't know your enemy team, I think its your obligation to talk with your team, so at least 1 person would have exhaust and pick some champion with stun or something. If no one has any of it (exhaust, stun, blind) then your team would most likely lose against a team without Twitch anyways.

I do find oracle quite useful, I am able to see Twitch, Eve, and Shaco trying to sneak up to me. Though for Twitch the moment I see him I might get attacked 1-2 seconds afterwards. So might be good idea to counter right away or something. Eve/Shaco becomes much leave efficient since they are Melee/semi Melee.

Militiades

Friend of Urf

01-17-2010

Twitch is annoying because he requires multiple levels of counters. You need wards/oracles (which cost cash), everyone has to have good map knowledge, stuns always have to be saved for him, etc. Lets say i was in a team fight with both a yi and a twitch. Both have their ults going, who do I use my stun on? Yi or twitch? All the counter ideas posted in this forum seem to make it sound like im fighting twitch in a vacuum. If me and my time simply go after twich all the time in team battles (he will probably be sitting behind tanks anyway and applying mad slow effects) than all we are doing is letting twtiches teammates smash us into oblivion. Just face it all you twitch fanboys he is gonna get nerfed. No character should be a ranged dps, with stealth, with slows, with nukes, with AS buffs, with aoe dmg, and with stacking poison. Its to much. Get ready for more twitch nerf bat, Riot is just doing it step at a time so as not to nerf him into oblivion.

crisisavatar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

So I play twitch from time to time and have played with #1 elo and overall excellent to mid teams, so here is what's up. Twitch is easy to counter but he requires good players/teams and if you don't have what it takes you simply need to stfu.

How I've been actually countered by good teams is by ccing me as soon as I pop out, no wards, no oricles, no bs, this if you think about it is painfully obvious. The moment you pop out enemy tank should flash and stun you and dps should immidiatly kill you, twitch has no escape from this and all it takes is a bit of coordination and gratz you just lost the teamfight and probably the game.

Make an argument against that now, newbs seriously need to stfu and stop being awful.

Naje

01-17-2010

Use Yi, or Corki. Corki can reveal his invis for free! and with Yi, just pop highlander and kill him before he kills you, or run away with +50% movement and no slow effects from the debilitating poison.

Gigg

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisisavatar View Post
So I play twitch from time to time and have played with #1 elo and overall excellent to mid teams, so here is what's up. Twitch is easy to counter but he requires good players/teams and if you don't have what it takes you simply need to stfu.

How I've been actually countered by good teams is by ccing me as soon as I pop out, no wards, no oricles, no bs, this if you think about it is painfully obvious. The moment you pop out enemy tank should flash and stun you and dps should immidiatly kill you, twitch has no escape from this and all it takes is a bit of coordination and gratz you just lost the teamfight and probably the game.

Make an argument against that now, newbs seriously need to stfu and stop being awful.

Really good twitch will position theirselves somewhere they cannot be CC'd soon. The range of SnP is huge. You can still reach him with flash and malphite ult or alistar headbutt though.
If the twitch is next to your tank when he starts his ult... He is probably not that good.

Because the question is not how to counter that 1-14 twitch... It's how to counter a twitch that actually really knows what he is doing.

Expertise

01-19-2010

I don't play Twitch, but in my eyes, he is NOT OP. Why? Simply because he's not a tank, and he has extremely low health. I looked at some comments and saw that you said he SHOULD have less health. But truly, he does have less health. A simple stun or blind for even 1.5 seconds can finish the job in a team gank. And since I play as TF, killing him is even faster. Wards are the counter to Twitch, and people should be spending their money on wards instead of complaining that he is OP. He's not. He got nerfed in the recent patch, and yet people still complain. In high tier matches, no one even squeaks that he is OP. Why? Simply because they know how to counter him. Yes, it's not surprising. If you coordinate correctly with your team, ganking him is a f*cking piece of cake. All you have to do is bait him to come forward, and he's finished. My team basically just hides, waits from Twitch to pop out, then stun, and burst damage. He's not OP. He dies within a matter of seconds. You just have to have the patience to lure him out of the shadows.

Expertise

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militiades View Post
Twitch is annoying because he requires multiple levels of counters. You need wards/oracles (which cost cash).
The only reason why you buy wards in the first place is so you can kill him later and redeem your money. When you have wards, you just wait till he comes out, stun, and kill. You redeemed enough money to buy another ward and enough money to buy the next item in your build. It's really just that people aren't aware of how to counter Twitch that they say he's OP.

Tildryn

01-20-2010

ITT: Twitch players and apologists try to make excuses and ineffective 'counters' for a blatantly obviously overpowered champion, in order to avoid the inevitable further rebalancing.

Voidgolem

01-20-2010

Main problems:

Stealth is annoying to counter, Twitch is capable of farming and killing you WITHOUT using stealth thanks to range and poison (assuming you're a melee champion).

Therefore, 'Keep Twitch from farming' is hard as hell unless you're one of a select few champions - which you have no real forewarning about thanks to not knowing enemy team comp (So...the only viable counter is to always play Malphite/Teemo/Cleansetryn/Shaco/Eve?)

'Keep Twitch from getting kills' is mildly easier, except it conflicts with point one: Keeping him from farming, by default, puts you at risk of dying to a gank, and the only way to for-sure avoid that guts your farming.

TL:DR? There is pretty much nothing you can do as a solo queue under current game settings, sorry.