Countering Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vvolfster

Senior Member

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
So Twitch is impossible to kill 1on1 and you always have to be in groups? How are you supposed to engage that? Twitch is the one who decides who he's going to engage, and he's not going to walk into any 2on1s that can kill him.

Here's what I see in Twitch encounters. He engages you outside of your range, so you're already at a disadvantage. You are immediately slowed, so running or closing is much harder and you're usually dead before you can do either. If you run, the poison and expunge is usually enough to force you to return to base, in which case Twitch still wins. If you close, then every single spray and pray bolt hits you, and that kind of damage is as bad as Katarina's ultimate, only now it slows, poisons, and has twice the range.

If Twitch has weaknesses just like any other champion, how come I see him steamroll and carry every single game he's in? Do I need to get to level 30 games before I start seeing people who can counter him? I'm just amazed that everyone thinks it's Twisted Fate's gold card that needs top reworking priority right now and not Twitch. I might see an amazing TF once every 20 games, and even he doesn't carry the game like I see Twitch doing every single time.

Really, what are some hard counters to Twitch? Specifics, please. Not just "l2p".
Play a carry. I'll tell you this though, if twitch is fed. He will be unstoppable late game. He's one of those champs who you have to shut down early and he can be shut down quite easily. I 3shot twitch once I get to lvl3 with Jax. Whenever I see a twitch against me, I call the lane twitch is in because he's so easy to kill. I get 10+ kills in games twitch is there guaranteed. Twitch isn't great but he can be only if you let him. Whoever is laning against twitch, call mia if you dont see him for more than 15 seconds at max. If he's still in your lane, that's fine but twitch gets most of his items from surprises early game. If you can change that, twitch doesnt get kills, he doesnt get fed and so he isnt an annoyance late game.

Oracles aren't that effective on twitch as they are against eve. same goes for shaco, not that great. Just takes time to learn how to counter him. I QQed about twitch once when an enemy twitch pentakilled us and stole baron from us. I was lvl10 or 11 at that time. 30 now and I absolutely love going against twitches, so squisheeee.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrrZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-18-2009

last game i was playing twitch and i found Sion extremely deadly. Maybe my timing was bad, but it always was like 1 stun => death. I could kill any other enemy champ but not if that sion was around

not that u need sion to counter twitch, but the truth is - 1 powerfull CC + concentrated fire deals with twitch easily


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorano

Senior Member

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyk Draw View Post
What to nerf? Q,W,E work perfectly together, and make him the well-designed character he is. I could see a slight reduction in the length of his slow - it's VERY long, and I find it effective even after 2 stacks. I think his main source of OP (and the one skill you could rework without changing the nature of the character) is his Ult. It turns an assassin character into a team-destroying Rambo? A tower destroying siege unit?

He'd still be a deadly assassin, and his ult could be reworked into something more in line with his character. Just an idea - flame away.
Agreed. Q, W, E have a perfect synergy and make it extremely satisfying to chain together. Maybe some numbers need some adjustments. I can't comment very well on that. I think his Ult could get a second look. 1 minute is an awfully short cooldown compared to some others champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leon27607

Senior Member

01-16-2010

take advantage of twitch's ridiculously low hp, I don't know what character you guys play, but if twitch is targeting you and he's going to use his ult, spray and pray, counter him with a stun/blind(exhaust)/or your own ult. In terms of DPS you might not win against him, however due to twitch's low hp you might be able to kill him. Mid-Late game will require teamwork, there's no question there, usually 1v1ing with twitch = death. I typically play gangplank and if I find myself stuck against a twitch I shoot him with a parley and activate my ult. IF my ult. doesn't act gay and actually hit the twitch most of the time we'll end up killing each other(and most of the time the twitch was on a spree, thus I end his spree and gain bonus gold). Also, a good ryze can probably rape twitch if he can kill twitch in an instant by spamming all his skills, however if he can't do that much damage, he's pretty much dead(the twitch will most likely have a malady and leech back hp).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

10people

Junior Member

01-16-2010

I own twitch with kassadin


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerranMarine

Senior Member

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrrZ View Post
last game i was playing twitch and i found Sion extremely deadly. Maybe my timing was bad, but it always was like 1 stun => death. I could kill any other enemy champ but not if that sion was around

not that u need sion to counter twitch, but the truth is - 1 powerfull CC + concentrated fire deals with twitch easily
sion is an anti carry, a ranged stun + insane burst damage(AP build) can three shot twitch (or another carry) when the poor little squishy man is laning. alternatively a crit build stuns his face and then proceeds to steal back whatever life spray and pray/highlander/whatever did while three shotting the little bugger with 1k crits and > 100% lifesteal.

that being said, there are a pretty equal number of mages up and carry X is op threads, mages eat carries before a carry can get far enough to merit that tag. twitch is very squishy, and does have to be confined to a lane even briefly, so if you kill him early enough and make him ruin his ganks by being cautious when YOU dont see him on the mini map(hes always mia unless you verify that he isnt PERSONALLY, by playing as such his ganks will fail 90% of the time) he will then be underleveled and under geared and proceed to feed your team instead of the other way around

edit: also oracles are usless against anyone but eve for anything but chasing them down if they get away and stealth. buying one is typically a 400 gold bulls-eye that has "gank me" written on it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excstazy

Member

01-17-2010

He is squishy thats right, but still a good twtich can kill u in under 2 secconds. and even if you manage to kill him more often than not the poison will finish you off. The only character i can counter twtich as is Teemo. If i C a twtich i normally go for attack speed // Life Steal, and twtich can't kill me in a 1 v 1, i just attack faster and regenerate a lot more. But the only reason i can do that is Teemo is ranged. I can have a Yi with Inifinity edge and 2 bloodthirsters, and Malady and im dead before im near enough to start hitting him.

Sirvir is pretty good as well against twtich.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smokeD

Senior Member

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
So Twitch is impossible to kill 1on1 and you always have to be in groups? How are you supposed to engage that? Twitch is the one who decides who he's going to engage, and he's not going to walk into any 2on1s that can kill him.

Here's what I see in Twitch encounters. He engages you outside of your range, so you're already at a disadvantage. You are immediately slowed, so running or closing is much harder and you're usually dead before you can do either. If you run, the poison and expunge is usually enough to force you to return to base, in which case Twitch still wins. If you close, then every single spray and pray bolt hits you, and that kind of damage is as bad as Katarina's ultimate, only now it slows, poisons, and has twice the range.

If Twitch has weaknesses just like any other champion, how come I see him steamroll and carry every single game he's in? Do I need to get to level 30 games before I start seeing people who can counter him? I'm just amazed that everyone thinks it's Twisted Fate's gold card that needs top reworking priority right now and not Twitch. I might see an amazing TF once every 20 games, and even he doesn't carry the game like I see Twitch doing every single time.

Really, what are some hard counters to Twitch? Specifics, please. Not just "l2p".
Any carry can pretty much counter Twitch, why don't you have exhaust? One exhaust on Twitch and he is dead. One stun. one blind, one exhaust, any CC owns Twitch.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dacrushaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

01-17-2010

Quote:
Oracles aren't that effective on twitch as they are against eve. same goes for shaco, not that great. Just takes time to learn how to counter him. I QQed about twitch once when an enemy twitch pentakilled us and stole baron from us. I was lvl10 or 11 at that time. 30 now and I absolutely love going against twitches, so squisheeee.
uhm .. that was me haha i have to screen shot as my background
i found i hilarious that you're crying about it ... here's the picture

forget it lol it won't upload but anyway yeah that was me and it's rather easy if you all walk in a straight line to attack me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerranMarine

Senior Member

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrushaa View Post
uhm .. that was me haha i have to screen shot as my background
i found i hilarious that you're crying about it ... here's the picture

forget it lol it won't upload but anyway yeah that was me and it's rather easy if you all walk in a straight line to attack me
nothing personal, good sir, but you seem to have misread his post. he is saying once upon a time a twitch made him rage, but now he has mad skills, and joins me in the cry of "ooh boy! a twitch! squishy feed!"

he is in no way crying about a twitch encounter now