Countering Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T a e

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyk Draw View Post
I'm relatively new to the game (level 16), but since twitch went free, I started dominating. In fact, I got tired of playing twitch much like children eventually realize that cheating at videogames isn't all that fun day #2. I'm not a great player, and I have no great strategy. I just start with vamp, then boots (swift/zerk/mobility), malady, wits, gg.

Look, it's real simple, and it's been said before, but the "easy" way to counter twitch requires a certain champion (who you can't pick after you know if there is an nme twitch or not) or requires you and 4 teammates to play great. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be forced to play teemo because twitch might be on the other team. Furthermore, in my games, you have at least one bad/new player on your team = rat food. When I play twitch, I generally know who that is by the 20 minute mark.

I'm certain this isn't true for all twitch-defenders, but I think at least some of you want to think you're great at this game because you go 20-2-20 with twitch. News flash: most of the people saying twitch is OP do the same - we just aren't delusional.

What to nerf? Q,W,E work perfectly together, and make him the well-designed character he is. I could see a slight reduction in the length of his slow - it's VERY long, and I find it effective even after 2 stacks. I think his main source of OP (and the one skill you could rework without changing the nature of the character) is his Ult. It turns an assassin character into a team-destroying Rambo? A tower destroying siege unit?

He'd still be a deadly assassin, and his ult could be reworked into something more in line with his character. Just an idea - flame away.
u just made a great point.one ulti, half of ur tower hp is gone or in a team fight he pops out s&p from far away so that u can't really exhaust or lay stun on him and destroy all your teamates (s&p splashes and usually will kill the carry in your team and gg team fight) another thing ppl said exhaust cleanse to counter twtichdid you know s&p is ability so exhaust won't do anything. u just wasted your spell and if u stick around and fight him thinking he is not hitting you at closed range while twitch using s&p I guarantee you the death 9/10 times

Steelrambo

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
How do you do it? I've tried and given up. Oracle elixir doesn't detect him in time. Wards don't detect him in time unless you place so many at every point he can come from that your income is crippled. I try taking cleanse to avoid his slow, but it never helps. I try juking to dodge his spray and pray but it never works.

What are you supposed to do against him?
Wards should work long enough into the game to enter the ganking/teamfighting stage. At that point, if one person has an Oracle's, then you can just march along as a team, and if you see a Twitch trailing you like Gollum, just eat him up.

Twitch is actually not just "squishy," he's so unbelievably squishie that most heroes can kill him unless he gets the jump on them. Blitzcrank with the pull/uppercut can roll him pretty good. Jax can jump on him and unleash DPS faster than Twitch can supply it, along with a stun to interrupt Spray and Pray if the Twitch decides to start auto-attacking. Stuns really do take down a Twitch very quickly.

Map awareness is also key. Does the Twitch appear on the minimap? Is your solo lane opponent unduly aggressive? Are you f*cking around in your lane with not enough HP? If so, a Twitch may be lurking. Most of getting rid of Twitch is early wards, late Oracle's, and general awareness.

Ce05

12-17-2009

i agree with most of the coments when you dont manage to kill twitch at least 1 before he becomes lvl 6 you will have to worry alot as morgana snare in coordination with a ward works wonder at least if my partner supports me (and the minnions dont give away that there is a ward). killed even once before hitting 6 it will give you the advantage you need because once he comes back (if he comes back) he will be probably 1 level lower than you.

but if its a stalement or if twitch is feed then the game is set like always i think too that his util is overpowert against turrets. (perhaps my expirience fails me and i mostly only got really weak rats so you can all tell me how wrong i am now)

oh and one thing when not slow you can outrun twitchs utily (with good boots at least) if you run in cyrcles around him when being like 2 alastairlength or one fed cho away from him (dont know about other heroes but morgana seems really slow to me so you shouldnt have a problem with a faster char)

not that you simply can run around in cyrcles while in a teamfight ;P

Naesala

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
How do you do it? I've tried and given up. Oracle elixir doesn't detect him in time. Wards don't detect him in time unless you place so many at every point he can come from that your income is crippled. I try taking cleanse to avoid his slow, but it never helps. I try juking to dodge his spray and pray but it never works.

What are you supposed to do against him?

No worry in end game he's fairly easy to kill, I'm playing amamu so guess what I throw myself at him, using my abilities (I might need to use my ultimate sometime) but remember exhaustion is a real pain in the but for chars as twicth so pick it up.

Hellrose

12-17-2009

I play Twitch.

I'm scared of: Yi, Tryn, Cho'gath, Eve.
But mostly Yi.

MrWar

12-17-2009

Anyone who thinks you can't 1v1 twitch is... well, not that good at this game. Theres so many characters that can annihilate twitch in a 1v1 battle. As the above poster mentioned - Yi, Tryn, Cho'gath, Eve. Then theres Trist, Jax, Mundo, Teemo... When I play twitch I'm also careful around Kass, and Sivir. Seriously, these characters can RAPE twitch in a 1v1 battle. Hell, Blitzcranks grab is scary as hell when I play twitch. Hes grabs you, your dead.

Twitch being available this week confirmed one thing for me. Everyone complains about twitch being so OP, easy and cheap - yet 90% of the games I played with twitch in them this last week they were shut down. They were getting scores like 2/12. Why is this if he is so OP?

Yes, there are very good twitch players. Yes, I do play Twitch a lot. But just because you have the people who can go 15-2 with twitch does't mean he is OP. It usually means he is a good player, or the other team sucks.

frangulis

12-17-2009

I play Kayle, and when I find Twitch in a game, I use my ulti on our DPS or mage hero (like Veigar, Tryn, Yi, ...). You know, 5 seconds of invincibility is A LOT of time. Twitch usually dies in three seconds!

Zulunko

12-17-2009

Anivia does not seem to have trouble countering Twitch either, from what I have seen. Maybe I only encounter noob Twitches, though, who can not stand up to my terrible, terrible damage. (Plus .75 second stun )

Coleman

12-17-2009

I'm going to make this as simple for everyone as possible.

The only way to stop twitch, or any champion capable of carrying the game.

Kill them early in the game multiple times. Devote 3 people to it if you have to. It will be worth it, Twitch will never be able to recover.

I watched a friend get 50 kills with twitch in one game (not exaggerating) and then because of 3 early ganks in the next game 3 kills and 15 total deaths. He stayed slow, and stupid the whole game. You have to stop Twitch before he gets going.

AC1D1C

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

Has anyone not posted the clown? The clown can molest twitch no matter what at a one on one.
There are 5 pages, and most of it is just QQ

Ive had twitches come at me from every direction, just deceive then dagger than attack. All players who arent pro's will start running away when you have the upper hand.
Shaco = high nuke, semi invi is more than enough to counter twitches = Low hp, invi cooldown after trying to hit u
Either way Twitch aint OP, just nuke his face