Countering Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FABIOForever

12-13-2009

Twitch might have low health, but he pumps out such insane damage that I've found lifesteal is enough to keep him alive long enough to kill you. I think every dominating Twitch I've seen has taken Malady.

Adalonus

12-13-2009

He's not too bad if you have the right counters. Anti-dps/anti-carry abilities are the best. A stun, a blind, etc (the best is Rammus with his maxed curl, taunt, & thornmail and lots of armor "oh hi dps. heres 70% of that damage back in your face plus mine" he melts, you laugh and taunt in all chat). Also wards work great if you know where to place them (just practice or play twitch and see where enemies place them... also if you are placing wards make sure twitch doesnt know or he'll just switch lanes for a 1.5 minutes and waste your gold early. Clairvoyance can be a great way of keeping an eye on him as when he's not stealthed a lot of the time he's just hiding in grass (which clairvoyance will show).

Also being a pure dps hero he's really squishy sure there's lifesteal, but a large amount of spike damage from some mages really hurts them.

My advice, stop buying hereos that everyone else plays and start buying heroes that counter them. Makes the game so entertaining.

Carry's dont like Rammus
Squishies hate stealth dps/spike damage
Melees hate ranged early
etc.

HereticalCrab

12-13-2009

I've had pretty good luck with rammus lately. Taking away his attention from everyone else provides the team time to kill him, provided you aren't thrown together with ignorant morons (which has a high chance of happening).

Schmendrake

12-13-2009

Summarizing all the people nay saying twitches OPness in this thread

Hes not broken, because it takes 2 people to kill him in a situation that he will never let himself get into.

so just put twitch into this almost impossible to reach situation and you win.

countered
easy

FABIOForever

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmendrake View Post
Summarizing all the people nay saying twitches OPness in this thread

Hes not broken, because it takes 2 people to kill him in a situation that he will never let himself get into.

so just put twitch into this almost impossible to reach situation and you win.

countered
easy

Yeeeeeeah that's what I've been wondering. It's weird so many people took this as an OP PLZ NERF complaint thread. I've just consistently failed against Twitch no matter what I do and was asking HOW, and 75% of the responses have been "hes not OP just do stuff L2P noob".

Even in a group fight where he could be focus fired, smart Twitches will stay far off and pepper everyone with spray and pray. When expunge goes off it's like everyone got hit with a super version of Nunu's ultimate, and Twitch never had to close for it.

Questions:

Is there a limit to poison stacks?

What does the duration on his slow ability mean? Is that the duration of each poison slow stack as it hits the target, or the duration of Twitch's attacks causing slow (i.e. all slows on anyone go away from activating the ability to the end of the duration)?

CyberMonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2009

counters I can think of:
chogath
blitzcrank
anybody who knocks into the air
trynd w/ cleanse
shaco w/ fast reflexes
twisted fate (ult)
malphite
morgana's shield
if twitch is using lifesteal, executioner's calling
gangplank (built in cleanse, high burst damage, killer ult, loves executioner's calling)
long range+high attack speed (prevent twitch from going invisible)
pro kassadin
anivia
mundo
jax--twitchs hate him: high dodge (no poison), makes twitch's early game a nightmare, hits hard
katarina (shumpo gets rid of twitch's range advantage+high burst damage)
Nidalee? (traps reveal, high burst damage, can close distance quickly?)
clairvoyance
cleanse
sticking together (alistars are especially good at assist killing twitch)

garrotedGargoyle

12-14-2009

right now, alot of what im seeing is "Twitch ar OP!! nerf plz", honestly, i main shaco and i usually go somewhere around 11-1-13 with shaco, at lvl 19 with no runes, and if you think i'm not qualified to post because im "not level 30" or some garbage like that, if you really must know, i was a closed beta tester with a few years of dota under my belt, i understand how these types of games work, but i decided to take a break after the profile resets.

twitch is incredibly EASY to counter, it just takes half a brain to do it... if they have a twitch on their team, its not hard to use your map awareness and monitor where he may be going. coordinate your disables with your team, choose your fights wisely, dont go roaming alone, and god forbid dont stay in a lane when your at 30%- with twitch mia.

if you are engaging in a team fight, then i suggest if your a carry or an anti carry type champion that can dish out half decent damage fast, then either buy an oracles. or wait for another teammate to initiate the fight, wait for twitch to come out of stealth, and lock him down...

your probably thinking "it looks good on paper, but it never happens that way."

but in reality, it does... whenever theres a twitch on the opposite team, i usually just send my image into the team fight, wait for twitch to pop up, decieve, lay a box, and shiv him with ignite, and he dies... it really is that easy, lifesteal by no means makes twitch invincible or even near, twitch is a glass cannon, his weakness is in his hp pool, his speed, and his lack of an escape tool (excluding summoner spells)

twitch is an incredible hero against ******s, and if used correctly, he can be deadly against pros as well, but he most certainly has quite a few weaknesses and is by no means overpowered

FABIOForever

12-14-2009

Every Twitch group fight I've seen has him uncloaking far out of range mowing everyone down with S&P. The only real counter I've seen is having your own cloaked assassin waiting for him.

Guthrek

12-14-2009

These are my favorite threads.

alcapowned

12-14-2009

Pro tip to all QQ'ers... The first... Stop *****ing and crying and realize that Riot is for the most part balanced and after generally 2 patchs , large imbalances are fixed.
Now onto the hard counter for Twitch.

Do not give him kills or allow him to farm. Simple ja?

1)Don't stay at low hp in your lane or anywhere...
2)Do not play overly aggresive( that makes you lose hp... violating point the first)
3)If its too early in the game to dish out an Oracle for your tank , bring a vision ward for the team push. Place it close to their turret(not close enough to die) then rape Twitch when he comes-a-round.

I know these 3 points seem AWEFULLY difficult to follow... and alot of are probably thinking "but ALCa... i cant change my build to counter just one champion! thats op!" and my response is , you can either counter Twitch or allow him to farm or eat and then rape your entire team.

Also a note to people who go "ahh Twitch is so OP , he killed <number 1-5) of us and <did something more op> This is usually because you violated terms 1-3. Review them , live by them and you'll give Twitch an amazingly hard time.

Probably will shoot myself in the morning for this but. Get cleanse. Cleanse is amazingly OP against Twitch as he has to put up debuffs to even cast any spells on you. Cleanse = no Twitch spells for 2 seconds and he has to spend 6 more autoatacks getting his poisons back up = Gayed out Twitch = your happy.