Countering Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthas Menethil

12-13-2009

Teemo, Teemo, Teemo.

Drop mines everywhere. Stealthers take predictable paths.

He will surely cleanse along the way. When he pops up to f*** you, you go, /all No, f*** YOU, blinding dart, and watch general lulz commence.

Cryohazard

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthas Menethil View Post
Teemo, Teemo, Teemo.

Drop mines everywhere. Stealthers take predictable paths.

He will surely cleanse along the way. When he pops up to f*** you, you go, /all No, f*** YOU, blinding dart, and watch general lulz commence.
god****it this

i hate teemo with a burning passion when i'm twitch, mushrooms REALLY hurt, and blinding dart basically neuters you for long enough for the enemy team to turn round and sodomize you.

v3r175s

12-13-2009

When I play twitch if im laned against sivir solo I switch lanes, she is an unbelievable early counter to him.

Al da Bok

12-13-2009

Twitch is absolutely not OP. Remember that if he gets kills and not a lot of deaths it's mostly because he has stealth, and is hardly ever forced to take hits if he doesn't decide to engage. What about Eve/Shaco ? Same for them...

Then, about the 1vs1 'Twitch kills everyone', I would like to see you twitching against any decent character with some HP. Stun, 2/3 hits, makes Twitch's HP bar go bankrupt, and then if he's lucky he stealthes and he can't farm for 30sec. Anyways, what on earth were you doing alone ?

Of course, he'll be behind you when you engage 2 vs 2 on his team. That's called positionning and teamplay, and he left his lane/tower for that, and lost time for preparing for that. Stealth characters make it look easy, but look at their creep kills. If they're higher than yours, it means you didn't do good enough.

400some HP at beginning game is just so squishy, it is really easy to keep him off creeps.

Anyways, Twitch is a character that doesn't require immense skill, but very good map awareness and positionning, not to mention good timing. Think he's OP ? Try him

He's just another character, that when focused, gets swapped like a fly.

KamikadzeTM

12-13-2009

I really think a good melee counter for Twitch is Jax. Because of the Twitch's attack speed he will get his counterattack quickly and he can clear the distance between you and Twitch with one leap. His stun has low CD so it can somewhat counter Spray and Pray. Twitch is strong only if he gets fed. If not he isn't so scary. Just watch the minimap and if you can't see him anywhere you might consider staying close to a teammate/tower. I agree he is somewhat OP but he is not invincible.

DreXxiN

12-13-2009

My friend just started playing yesterday. He got dominated as Ashe and Master Yi. Then suddenly, he picked twitch on his 3rd game, and he ****ed everyone up like a GOD. It's such a weird coincidence!

Mofeta

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
My friend just started playing yesterday. He got dominated as Ashe and Master Yi. Then suddenly, he picked twitch on his 3rd game, and he ****ed everyone up like a GOD. It's such a weird coincidence!
Twitch does really well against low-ELO players because they don't know how to handle him. Most (especially those who think he's OP in the first place) panic and run even when they could in fact turn around and kill him in many situations. Any kind of stun or disable pretty much destroys twitch, and even if he uses cleanse that's precious seconds taken out of his spray-and-pray that you can use to close the distance or get out of range. there's also nothing stopping you from taking cleanse yourself, since it's yet another skill that renders his poison useless for long enough to enable you to murder him.

If you're still having trouble, learn a hero that can effectively counter him. When I play cho'gath I relish the games where twitch is on the opposing team because by mid-game i can pretty much eat him from full health while he struggles to put a dent in my bar.

SaulOrNothing

12-13-2009

Twitch is a champion that I feel is perhaps the single most overhyped character in the game. When I first started playing everyone cried twitch was OP, but now that I've played for a lot longer and gotten better I hear it less and less. Why? Because he isn't overpowered.

Tips to beat Twitch w/o dropping tons of money on items-
1) Try not to be alone for most of the match and especially when you dont see twitch on the mini map
-This is the easiest step to take, honestly as its free and only requires some minor teamwork. Twitch is an opportunist character because he cant afford to take many hits, and as such he wants to pick off loners trying to be the hero and pushing a lane alone... dont be this idiot 30 minutes into the match and expect not to get twitched. 2 moderatly healthy people should have VERY little trouble taking out a twitch. Use your disables and watch his hp drop.

2) This is a skill you just pick up over time for detecting stealth characters and it really just comes down to intuition and common sense. Examine the behaviors of the opponents team that cannot stealth and look for give away signs that twitch is nearby. For example, if you are laning against an ooponent 1 v 2 after just killing the opponent's laning partner then logic would dictate they would be playing much safer in an effort to protect their life. Say that same character suddenly becomes aggressive and charges you, this means one of two things.
1) he's suicidal and wants to die 1 v 2
OR
2) twitch is there to help him

Here is another example; you and an ally are pushing a lane and are staying together to avoid being ambushed by twitch when all of a sudden a lone opponent shows up to defend their turret and they begin to come at you as if to initiate a fight... This is a sign that twitch is very close by.

Make sure you are constantly evaluating the opponents in your lane to check for signs of twitch being nearby. Often times his team mates will blow his cover long before he does by suddenly changing their style of play... This is, for the most part, how I rely on my twitch detecting.

3) Focus on twitch the instant he appears
If you do this you will have a 4 v 5 in about a second and he will get at most two or three shots off before he dies which isn't a big deal at all.

There are three tips I've learned to let you beat twitch without spending money on him. However, its always a good idea to buy a ward and/ or an oracle as a fed twitch can be very hard to stop. Cleanse is also a wonderful idea that is free and can be helpful in every single match you are in.

John Q Public

12-13-2009

twitch has like 5 hp and -5019735 magic resistance. he's THE easiest hero to kill early game because he's so ****ed week. Oracle elixer after he's level 3 and u'll never die from him again. The best is when there are two twitches and ur teams twitch has oracle elixer, goes invis and scouts out enemy twitch. Then ur ashe shoots an arrow up his tail and ur twitch sends him home faster than he can blue pill.

Lord Slough

12-13-2009

Another brutal counter to twitch which hasn't been mentioned yet is Ryze's 'rune prison'. I was in a game where Twitch was up to his usual tricks, ganking lanes for 3-4 kills and looking to dominate but the moment the game evolved into 5-man team fights I would rune prison, spell flux, overload Twitch either killing him outright or leaving him a helpless target for the rest of the team. I never had to fear Twitch because I knew I could destroy him easily in any situation (except maybe being in low health and alone, which isn't a situation Ryze should be in the these days). Despite all his rage he was still just a rat in a cage.