Countering Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IdiotWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2011

Just hug your teammates ( it works for me )

Pieson

03-01-2011

don't feed him? I find that twitch early game is pretty difficult. Other than that, kill him fast, or CC him so that he can't do anything.

Granistas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2011

I had a game against twitch when I was playing Rammus he surprised me several times (not that it did him any good) I'd roll up taunt and ult him= dead twitch (=

Elodin

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
So Twitch is impossible to kill 1on1 and you always have to be in groups? How are you supposed to engage that? Twitch is the one who decides who he's going to engage, and he's not going to walk into any 2on1s that can kill him.

Here's what I see in Twitch encounters. He engages you outside of your range, so you're already at a disadvantage. You are immediately slowed, so running or closing is much harder and you're usually dead before you can do either. If you run, the poison and expunge is usually enough to force you to return to base, in which case Twitch still wins. If you close, then every single spray and pray bolt hits you, and that kind of damage is as bad as Katarina's ultimate, only now it slows, poisons, and has twice the range.

If Twitch has weaknesses just like any other champion, how come I see him steamroll and carry every single game he's in? Do I need to get to level 30 games before I start seeing people who can counter him? I'm just amazed that everyone thinks it's Twisted Fate's gold card that needs top reworking priority right now and not Twitch. I might see an amazing TF once every 20 games, and even he doesn't carry the game like I see Twitch doing every single time.

Really, what are some hard counters to Twitch? Specifics, please. Not just "l2p".
Well, I play Malzahar, generally

Null Zone, Malefic Vision, Nether Grasp = dead twitch.

Malzahar is squishy, but not so squishy that a few posin arrows and Expunge will kill him if you get Cata of the Protector (Or turn it into RoA or BV)

If Twitch is abusing the range on SnP (bad twitches never do that, they just rush straight at you like Eve) then I just flash/ghost, it has a 105 second CD early game, and late game you'll be in a team fight (hopefully not bunched up) so your tank/team should be able to keep him off you.

I could be wrong, but can't you dodge Spray and Pray shots?

Chingmeister

03-30-2011

Lazurus, come forth.

Kamiz

04-05-2011

wouldn't it be the focus of any team fight? (beit 2v2, 3v3,4v4, or 5v5) Focus the carry, or the obvious one that will hurt alot more.

Denagul

07-08-2011

Twitch is being countered all day...I'd be surprised if anyone cannot counter him, just a few simple pink wards in your lane in early game. Mid-Game you just have to peel him off and CC him, or just get Jarvan to jump on him much simpler...And in late game you just gotta build thornmail, if 2-4 people in your team build it he might as well kill himself whitout you doing anything unless he's smart and builds lifesteal but even then his damage output will still be reduced significantly.

PotentialThreat

07-08-2011

exec calling ability+ stun works well.

SummoningGiraffe

07-08-2011

I play as Heimerdinger and so far I have had no problem at all keeping the enemy twitch down.

So yeah, try that out, works for me

Roga

08-04-2011

I play twitch excessivly. I get tierd of all the crying. 2 things to understand about twitch.
Hes been nerfed to oblivion.
95% of players will NEVER beat a good twitch.

Twitch is a situational hero and requiers tempo control to win. So I will explain the situations. If you find yourself IN ANY OF THESE POSITIONS.... Consider yourself dead. (this is, if you are playing vrs me)

1.you are at half health and dont have an escape mechanizm (flash, ghost, stun, near a tower or group of teammates)
2. You are at 1/4 health with an escape mechanizm.
3. You are jungling vrs monsters that you are barely able to kill.
4. You have a negative kd ratio.
5. You hide in the brush and start looking at the shop.
6. You try to run as soon as you see me. (cuz usually I pop up 1 pixle away from you)
7. You are squishy and hang in the back during a team fight. When I pop up you do not immediatly target me.

I will say again. Twitch is a situational and positional hero. If you find yourself in these positions YOU WILL DIE vrs a good twitch. There are many heros which are stronger than twitch but there are many bad players who put themselves in bad positions... Thus feeding twitch.

Think about it. How many heros will kill you if you are at half health and they are at full health early game? A lot. The only difference is you get a little bit more heads up before they are in your face. Twitch will attack the lowest hp hero in early ganks... So it is important not to be that guy pushing hard at 50% hp...cuz you are a big jucie target..