Countering Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimensionist

10-21-2010

Dont have time to read whole thread

here's what you do:

play twisted fate

press R

press R again right next to twitch.

?????????????

PROFIT

Clynche

10-21-2010

Bring an exhaust, save it only for when twitch pops up, when he does use it!

SS3Luigi

10-21-2010

Exhaust him.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Be less of an idiot.

Celetial

10-21-2010

The whole cry of impossible to counter was pretty laughable. Just to think about how Twitch's invisble counsins like Shaco, Eve and Akali, are all capable of picking him off, crying over a Twitch is quite a weird sentiment. He isn't even the most annoying among the invis assasins.

To counter a Twitch, have a good tank player with you, exhaust, run sideways to let him waste ulty first. Harass him since level 1 and gank him non-stop whenever you can. He has to do something, either hide in bushes, or laning. It's impossible that he can always pick you off and you can never find an opening. If that's the case, it's a skill level difference, not an OP champ issue.

Grab an oracle and take him down whenever you got a moment. His power is very much ulty-dependent, so there are periods of time when he is useless. Bring the fight to him before he picks you off is the way to go. Twitch doesn't have any escape chance except for that invisible. I play an AP Kat that kills a fed 9-2 Twitch every single time. My team was usually noob when Twitch is fed, but he just can't out dps my combo which make me stand right next to him to kill him in 1 sec and I would have Zhongya to roll my CD just in case he isn't dead. What can he do about it? 2 shunpo+daggers+a death lotus, he just can't tank it.

You talk about him using Cleanse like you can't use it or something. He only got one cleanse and your team should have more, also you can have items that slow him down as well.

He's an assasin, he has to pop up and shoot at people, that's where you will have your chance, so even if he always kills his target, he fails quite badly if he keeps going 5-5 in a game .

Radamanthys3

10-21-2010

Buy Thornmail and get some HP, like RoA or Rylai if you're a caster.

USS BUTTPEE

10-21-2010

Veigar is actually quite good at dealing with Twitch. I can't tell you how many times I've caught a Twitch by dropping the edge of Event Horizon on him when he unstealths, then bursting him down.

Lulwy

10-21-2010

Exhaust, CC him, nuke him... pick one of the three, really.

Guerrilla333

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
Really, what are some hard counters to Twitch? Specifics, please. Not just "l2p".
Akali Poppy Kassadin Xin Zhoa
basically all anti-carrys are hard counters to all carries -.-

Kroghar

10-21-2010

I don't buy any of these "EZ counters" to Twitch.

"Just buy Oracles and Wards" Okay, have your whole team completely gimped by having to spend 400+ gold every time they b back rather than items they need. This is a HUGE disadvantage to your whole team just to potentially counter one stealth champ.

"Just use Exhaust" A good Twitch will simply flash away restealth and come back a few seconds later when Exhaust is worn off. Exhaust stops him for all of a few seconds then it's on cooldown.

"Have range lane against him" Okay so you wait till the minions are spawned, realize you have 2 melee laned against Twitch, you call for a switch, now two team-mates are behind a level from switching positions. Then you have to hope your range is competent enough to put pressure on Twitch and NEVER fall low on hit points or they'll get killed. What if the Twitch then switches lanes? You have to keep playing musical lanes all match?

"Teemo and Ryze counter him" Great, two of the weakest champs in 5vs5 should be played every match to counter one of the best counters in the game,

"Just stun him" Okay this actually works, but it's assuming that you are completely ready for him, Twitch sits back and jumps into team fights. You enter that fight 2vs2 thinking you have the upper hand, suddenly twitch pops up behind your opponent after you've blown your cooldowns and decimates your whole team.

Honestly, it really just feels like Stealth is such a massive advantage to one team. You never know where he is, you never know if it's safe to step away from your tower, you can never sit anywhere with less than 60% health. It really just pisses me off.