Countering Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkenspirit

06-15-2010

Played Twitch from level 3 to now level 12. The difference is amazing.

Key is to never feed him. He is heavily reliant on gear and for him to get a malady or wits end early can be devastating to your team if he chooses to play aggressively and then it only snowballs from there where he uses the gold hes farmed off your squishy targets to get a madred or something and then he becomes a tank with all that attack speed and lifesteal.

If i don't get fed, I have to spend so much extra time to farm and that takes me out of the game so much. I learned to play Twitch slowly and just be patient about kills, an aggressive Twitch is so hard to play early game. Often even just simply taunting the opponent via chat or something can be enough to mess up his game. Don't say this is wrong, you can all chat for a reason and if you can get into your opponents mind, you save yourself a lot of headache and work.

What works against me is early detection and as the players got better, their awareness of the stage become more and more obvious. As soon as I go MIA from my lane, all other opponents in other lanes start to bunch together or drop a ward or something near an obvious spot. You must be mindful, the more time he spends cloaked, the less time he has to farm or get exp therefore you can cripple him if he spends too much time trying to gank you. Depending on the situation, its more devastating to not kill him but rather cause him to run away, heal, and get back onto the battlefield because he would have lost so much time. Often they bring Flash and Clairvoyance or Cleanse so getting back to the battlefield is tough if they lack gear.

There isnt a hard counter per se. There are just steps you can take to effectively shut him down and they arnt too hard to take into consideration, especially if youre this worried about him carrying the team.

Exothermic Kiwi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2010

oracles

HonestDav

06-15-2010

Jeez, talk about *****ing and whining. Twitch is not that scary if you understand the basic idea that he's squishy as hell and heavily relies on items. I primarily use casters and I find that I can generally nuke him into oblvion with the right skills and summoner spells. If you really find yourself being constantly dominated by Twitch, then the general consensus would be to stay together so he can't pick you off. Also, having a stun or exhaust also helps, since it would stop him long enough for you or other teammates to get the drop on him. A stun or an quick escape allows you to wear out the added bonus he gets with his AS. Also if he is using Spray and Pray and you have flash, just flash behind him and finish him off, his ult makes him turn rather slowly so use that to your advance.

In the many times, I've faced a Twitch I was often playing Cho. The common tactic was for them to pop up while I was alone with Spray and Pray and Expunge a few stacks in. The trick it to act quickly, so the moment he popped up, I used Deathfire Grasp, Cho's pop, silence, and then feast for the insult to injury. Other times, I used Exhaust which blinds him long enough for me to either escape or kill.

SaulGoode

06-15-2010

I just came from a game where our twitch fed the enemy's team lol.
Anyway, what most people don't realize is that when twitch pops out in a team fight, is that they continue to attack the same hero. What the team should do is disable twitch right away and/or attack him ASAP.

It also depends on how Twtich plays, I've laned against him before in Mid using Ashe. If he is aggressive (and going invi most of the time) I hug the tower, I do get Oracles, with that I can fire my Enchanted Arrow at him while he is invisible.

Also if you can't stand a lane with the enemy's Twitch, just ask for a switch from a teammate.

Lycanblu

06-16-2010

Granted they were probably really bad twitches, veigar can shut him down 1.6 seconds after he become visable : /

Lets Go Home

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2010

I can almost kill him as nasus.
Then they -always- flash away.
Doesn't matter where they are, they can be right in the middle of my base with nowhere to hide behind, and then he's gone.
But what I find is that using cleanse, a slow, hitting your ultimate, bashing every button you have, will generally scare him off.

Eternal425

06-16-2010

It's all about warding the lane you fighting twitch in and not letting him get farmed, do that and you are guaranteed an edge against twitch, of course get oracles too. I main Twitch and when people do this, I am shut down.

Eatmymanapie

06-16-2010

Focus Twitch in a team fight and he will die in literally 2 seconds.

Lawful

06-17-2010

Its already in and over, why bother.

Countering a Twitch is the best way with Wards, not oracles but wards, because he will keep distance from a person with a oracle and hide behind his team, or even won't bother hiding at all.

Whilst wards can deceive, he doesn't know their there, so you can lure him into a trap and kill him unexpectedly when he tought hes safe while observing you.

Thats all there is to it and lol at the people thinking that Twitch is squishy and will die in a second, cause of thinking like that - i get first blood on mid alot. Altho he is squishy mid game, he can be made quite tanky towards endgame, thus that totally covers up for his weaknesses.

Lemon Tea

Recruiter

06-23-2010

As far as the few games I've played with Twitch, finding a Hard counter for him is quite difficult. I don't know about Higher ELO games, but thus far using 2-avarice build I've been able to roam quite freely while at the same time still have gold flowing into my coffers. And as far as EXP is concerned, a big wave of creeps+ SnP=1 to 2 lvls at a go.

So far, the only problem I've encountered is when the enemy shuts me down as soon as the 1st creep wave comes along. Be it having a champ that is nigh-impossible to harass or kill effectively with twitch and at the same time able to whoop his tiny rat @ss (I don't know any specifics, haven't met any but figured these kind of people will screw me up hard) and also tanks with CC(Cho , Taric , to a certain extent, Shen). Having said that, it is still necessary to hound him down with wards/oracles to prevent him from farming at all.

Still, at late game, unless the Twitch is seriously fed and has like 2.500 attack/second with about 600 crits at 50%,there are a lot of burst champs that can kill him fast enough due to his low health. Before playing Twitch, I used to play Tryndamere and from my experience, Tryn will wreck Twitch, if he is about equally farmed. The reason being Tryndamere has Spinning slash, which allows him to get close to Twitch as soon as Mr. T pops out, as well as Undying Rage which allows him 6 seconds of free reign from Twitch's burst damage while bashing Twitch with his own burst. If the Twitch waits for Tryn to die after rage, it is usually too late because the undying rage can wreck a whole enemy team if it's 5v4 without having to suffer heavy casualty to Tryn's team. Also, positioning is important against Twitch since his SnP hits in a straight line. If he can't get a good angle, chances are he will only be able to grab 1 or 2, at most 3 people with SnP, which reduces its effectiveness to a certain extent.

By no means are there hard counters to Twitch (not to such an extent as Oracle's is to Evelynn [If we consider this a "Hard" counter]). Just like all carries, he is weak earlier on and scales highly effectively. That is not to say that he is invulnerable or broken. I have played games as and against Twitches and there are times when Twitch dominates, and there are times where he doesn't. Ultimately, LoL is a Team Game(5v5 or 3v3) and no matter how good the Twitch player is, if he has f**knuts for a team then he is probably not gonna do much good.