Countering Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lovedump

03-22-2010

my personal experience against twitch changed when i started playing fiddlesticks. initially, when i saw twitch i felt the same mind numbing fear as most others. but as i got better acclimated to fiddle, i found that twitch was actually not much of a problem.

if there's another opponent in the same lane, their behavior will usually give away his presence and i know to be ready. if i'm alone and he pops up, it's still usually not a big deal:

1- dark wind
2- terrify
3- drain

if that doesn't kill him, it usually sends him packing. if you can position yourself so that your dark wind gets a couple bounces off him from minions, you're practically guaranteed a kill. yes, he has a high rate of fire with poisons that stack (and expunge), but his effectiveness is almost entirely negated by fiddlesticks' silence, fear, and life-drain combos.

Solarious

03-23-2010

Twitch can certainly unload the firepower, but he definitely can't take any. Morever, he is fat, slow, and vulnerable to AoE during laning - he just can't dodge/juke it as easily as other champions, even if you have to run up to spray his face with napalm. If you lane against him, don't stick around if you're low on health, and blue pill next to the tower. Use some gold to buy pots and use them so you can harass him back as often as possible without leaving the lane. Supress the rat with abilities whenever he tries to last hit, he doesn't have that long an autoattack range without his ult, and it'll make him wary of alphastriking you with a lower health. Don't run up to ranged minions when you can't see him, he'll trap you with the slow and cut your head off for the money.

Maintain good map awareness - if he vanishes, let your lanemates know, in case he's trying to get a cheap one off. If he vanishes from another person's lane, play a little more conseratively. I know it's hard to do this and properly lasthit/micro/harass, but it's a skill you need to play well in LoL anyways. This is very important, and therefore gets it's own little paragraph.

Don't run when he tries to gank you - he doesn't actually have a silence or a disable, only a slow to keep you from running away. If you take it, Cleanse is incredibly useful, it'll wipe off the poison stacks and possibly his slow, maybe even neutering his Expunge, and buys you time to either counterattack or escape with abilities. A good Twitch won't try to ambush you with your army of minions while fighting in the middle of the lane unless you're low on hp, he'll come up from behind while you try to engage a tower, as his ult lets him impale both you and the attackers at the same time, so planting a ward just in front of the tower before attacking it might let you ambush the ambusheer.

I hope it helps, although I'm sure it won't help as much as you want it to. Sometimes, someone will feed him anyways and he'll eat you alive. Sometimes, he creeps along from behind, and sandwitches you between his teamate with a Lizard Elder buff. It happens, and that's life, I suppose.

Rydog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-23-2010

I haven't read any replies, but to the original poster: In teamfights, Twitch crumples like paper when you focus him -- a course of action that even your most average team should be prepared to carry out if they walk into a teamfight with an enemy Twitch alive and unaccounted for (because he is there). Save your stuns, and be ready to take some sort of action to remove him from the fight, be it focusing him down or flash-feasting him as Cho'Gath or... whatever. A tank with an oracle's elixir can go a long way toward ruining Twitch's day, too. He's VASTLY easier to deal with now that his ult's range and attack speed have been nerfed. As someone who's gone on multi-dozen win streaks with pre-nerf Twitch, trust me when I say he ain't what he used to be.

One-on-one, you put yourself at the same risk as you do wandering out alone when there's an enemy Evelynn or Shaco in the mix. That is to say, unless you have a way of surviving or escaping his ult, you probably shouldn't stray too far from your teammates once the laning phase is over. I realize "be paranoid" isn't exactly a strong offensive strategy, but Twitch's entire character concept revolves around predatory behavior and surprise attacks. You just have to alter your play to counter him, just like stacking magic resist against Veigar or buying Madred's to take down a beefy Cho'Gath.

Retsu Unohana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
How do you do it? I've tried and given up. Oracle elixir doesn't detect him in time. Wards don't detect him in time unless you place so many at every point he can come from that your income is crippled. I try taking cleanse to avoid his slow, but it never helps. I try juking to dodge his spray and pray but it never works.

What are you supposed to do against him?
Take ashe he appears ult and hes dead woo woo

Elpato1

03-25-2010

Be Malphite, stack armor, and save your ult for when Twitch appears during a team fight. If your teammates know anything, they will focus him down after they see him popped in the air like a volleyball. When I play Malphite, Twitch is a non-issue.

Buy a Oracle's Elixir for extra LOL.

Brozan

03-25-2010

As I'm sure lots of others have said, bursting twitch down is the easiest way to deal with him. There is a reason most guides say to buy doran's shield first with him. He's SQUISHY and SLOW.

The only time he's a real problem is when you insist on staying in lane < 50% hp. Then, yes, he can gank you. Buy health pots, and don't be aggressive.

AntiGoD

04-02-2010

First of I got to say, Twitch is NOT OP for everyone who believes it. He is easy to kill, but stopping him from killing is very hard.

So in early game you don't have to be scared of him. Normally he gets stealth first or expunge. So if he gets stealth, you can be sure that he will be unabable to kill you at 1/3 hp with expunge. The other way around, he has no effect of surprise. So if you encounter a twitch early game (before lvl 6) you shouldn't be scared.
Expunge deals not much damage early game. Just be sure he can't get too many stacks on you, though it gets hard with his slow. Anyway Cleanse is the best thing to avoid twitch getting a very fast kill. It breaks the slow and as the poison stacks are debuffs as well, they get broken too. So if you are very scared of twitch, always get cleanse or at least you have to stay near you turret.
Mid and Late game it will get a bit harder to avoid him from killing you because his skills do now some nice damage. With an upleveled stealth mode, he gets a pretty high aitttack speed burst and together with his ultimate he will get 6 stacks on you in a few seconds. So now it is the best thing to stay in groups of at least 2 people, prefered a disabler (Stun, silence, fear a taunt of a tank etc.) to make him getting kills as hard as possible. In teamfights he should be an early target, but don't chase him so that his mates can get the hits on you. His main weakness is his lack of HP. So every DPS champion should be able to kill him solo now if he has exhaust (or teemo with blind) provided that twitch has no exhaust.
Another point of twitch is his ultimate. It is actually the best ultimate for teamfights. He hits everyone with it, gets his 6 stacks on you, slow you all if you try to run and finish with expunge. So as mentioned before, he should be one of your main targets in teamfights. He will never be the initiator, so try to save your disables for him.
1 vs 1 his ultimate is very useless. If he didn't slow/exhaust you, you should be able to manually dodge his hits by running in a circle, closer or farer away from him, depending on what you think, might be able to kill him without his attack speed buffs or better run away. Most people don't really try to run away as they think his hits just are as accurate as normal hits and die to him. If you don't try to dodge his attacks, the game should be already over cause a fed twitch is hard to stop.

At last i want to mention some situation for baroning with a twitch on the enemy team: It was me playing twitch, i was pretty ******ed, had like 11/13 stats and went to baron cause the whole enemy team was missing. So as I arrived in stealth mode and saw their team attacking baron, i activated Spray and Pray and just shot on them. They were too surprised, so 2 ran towards me and the rest was going on attacking baron. They died pretty fast cause i had lots of lifesteal from my ultimate and so i got their whole team + the baron lasthit and so the buff for my team. (If you believe it or not. The funniest thing is that i tried to kill them earlier while they attack baron and now i got them all)
So what i actually want to say is, when the enemy team has a likely well doing twitch and your team wants to get the baron buff, always put 2 or 3 wards in front of him so you know when twitch is coming. If he gets you all solo (actually very unlikely) it will turn the whole game and mostly it will be your lose (imagine 1 minute while your team is dead and the enemy team has 5 guys up with baron buff, able to push your base).

I hope my suggestions can help everyone who is scared of twitch or has some weird prejudices referring to twitch. I know he gets easy kills, but he also dies very easy. Everyone who had some games with twitch should know how easily he can die.

Lithizy

04-02-2010

Why are you replying such an old thread?

Twitch has been nerfed many times since december and can be counterable.

Paradox Equation

04-02-2010

Twitch player here.

Twitch is easily counterable in a number of ways. His DPS is physical, get thornmail. ANYTHING that causes healing reduction will nerf his lifesteal, which is how 90% of twitches stay alive. That's right folks, when they nerfed Executioner's Calling they nerfed one of the best 1v1 counters to Twitch.

Twitch is the slowest stealther. Twitch has the lowest HP rates in almost the entire selection of champions. He has the lowest armor, and the lowest magic resist. His range has been nerfed, his attack speed has been nerfed, his slow has been nerfed, and his ult has been nerfed. He has the lowest attack range of any ranged champ in the game.

When you are playing against a skilled twitch, never assume that a target you are engaging is alone.

The best way to counter him is to always be prepared for him to show up in a fight. Second, you need to have some kind of crowd control. Ashe's ult, Blitz, TF's goldcard, EVE, Sion's stun, Amumu's ult, EXHAUST, Teemo's blind, fiddle's fear, Anivia's stun skillshot... The list goes on. You want to pile one to two crowd control options on Twitch as soon as he appears, and make sure your team focuses fire on him immediately.

If you are not an adaptable player and do not have a team that can quickly adjust targets and react to a sudden change in situation, then you will always lose to twitch. Twitch is now very easy to counter. I used to play Twitch almost exclusively, and now I never do. As a lvl 30 player with 300+ total games, I never have a problem killing Twitch when I face him unless my team lacks multiple crowd control options, and EVERY good team has at LEAST two stuns.

If you lose to Twitch you have no one to blame but yourself or your champ selection. He's already been nerfed into oblivion and people are still crying? Jesus Christ, grow some ****ing ********s.

Blaz3king

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
How do you do it? I've tried and given up. Oracle elixir doesn't detect him in time. Wards don't detect him in time unless you place so many at every point he can come from that your income is crippled. I try taking cleanse to avoid his slow, but it never helps. I try juking to dodge his spray and pray but it never works.

What are you supposed to do against him?
I play twitch and i wont lie, he's really strong in the right case. But if the team is smart he is so easy to kill. He is so squishy, if you early game harras him he cant do anything later, and in a team fight jump him first, he dies in seconds. Thats why i always carry my good old exhaust with me. He is really strong but hes not op like jax,because he can dish out damage but he can barley take any, unlike jax that can have 4000 hp and 500 att damage, which is ridiculous.