Countering Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stark Lonestar

02-02-2010

P.S. everyone should fear the GAT GUN aka PARRRRLEY! If your pirate is a WINBEARD then he is a total carry!

FalcoLombardi

02-03-2010

twitch's biggest weakness is TF and oracles. If you have one of these you can usually neutralize twitch. Twitch's only real power is his spray and pray. With some way to see him, he can't really gank you. His only real tool becomes spray and pray support. This is still pretty rough, and if your oracles guy is too squishy, then you'll lose it.

However, once you've neutralized twitch's other abilities, he becomes pretty weak, and you can push. Usually I buy a ward early game. If I buy an oracles, I usually commit to a pretty tanky build, which is unfortunately the single best twitch counter.

Twitch is a lot like Dota's early stealth assassin, where he had permanent invisibility and high dmg. You could only neutralize him by seeing him. This is only truly game breaking at low levels where a twitch player can just gank the person who doesn't know any better.

Kilva

02-03-2010

Twitch is very powerful in terms of attack output.
Conversely Twitch is incredibly weak and vulnerable when focused. He has practically no hp.

On another note: Twitch's spray and pray got nerfed... so be happy people complaining about Twitch.

In DoTA and LoL, if you catch a stealth hero off guard they die... easily.

bonepony

02-04-2010

I can kill him, be at 4/5 health, and still run off and die from the poison.

Oh bull. The poison only does 2 pts per second per stack, with a max of 6 stacks. If THAT kills you at 4/5 health then you need to uninstall.

Cat or Serpe

02-21-2010

My experience:
There have been games in wich I bet twich teams easily, yesterday this happened
I'm on shaco, my lanemate has morgana, against we got twich-rammus, when we 1ft engage battle Twich kills morgana, I kill twich and rammus, they get back wich kills morgana, I kill tiwch.
rite now we got Twich 2/2/0 and lvl 2 and I am lvl 5 3/0/0, I go shop get the berserker boots, Zeal, 1 dagger and oracle elixir. we all back to lane, rammus visible, twich not. my oracle makes me spot twich I decive and attack him. I die...
3 lvls above and more fed, I die, I mean really?

Also Oracle Elisir can spot twich only by luck since he is out of range for attack instead shaco and eve have to melee you, wich makes oracle work on em

xXHyorimaruXx

02-21-2010

geez twitch should be the easiest champ out to kill out of all range dps.

Pick annie/ryze/anivia/fiddle, whenver twitch pop out, focus him. He should die in less than 3s, or at least will be severely damaged. In high elo play, people pick annie/fiddle in almost every game, so twitch hardly a threat. While at low mid elo, people tend to go full carry or physical dps so twitch owns almost everything.

if you play physical dps, bring exhaust at least.

idunnourgey

03-03-2010

Only Noobs are scared of Twitch, it's that simple. Why are you people complaining how overpowered he is, after feeding him 5 kills? Why don't you guys say Master Yi is overpowered, huh? He can rape anyone if he gets fed. Twitch can't do anything if it's not 1v1, he can only go for cheap kills at the start, these can obviously be avoided, if you are just a TINY bit cautious. Twitch owns everybody if he's fed, yes I agree, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DPS CHAMPIONS. Don't come to the forums complaining how easy you got killed using a Corki or a Annie, if you're a support, just do what you're suppose to do and recall when you're on low hp.

When Twitch is at top/bot lane, recall on low hp and don't get greedy getting some extra 20 gold, when you die, you'll be giving Twitch 200 gold. In mid, simple, drop a Ward and he can't do **** to you. When I play Ashe at mid, I can own most Twitches. The main point is being cautious and be aware of where Twitch is.

idunnourgey

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonepony View Post
I can kill him, be at 4/5 health, and still run off and die from the poison.

Oh bull. The poison only does 2 pts per second per stack, with a max of 6 stacks. If THAT kills you at 4/5 health then you need to uninstall.
umm, he meant as in 4 Hp or 5 Hp instead of 80% Hp?

Moredot

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by idunnourgey View Post
umm, he meant as in 4 Hp or 5 Hp instead of 80% Hp?
doubt he meant that

DA

03-04-2010

Just like was previously said, dont stupidly feed him, thats how he gets strong... just like any DPS.

He has hilariously low HP, if he pops from a dumb position in a team fight... make him pay. He usually dies so fast you will barely notice he popped in the first place.

Outside of Spray/Pray in team fights, he usually only racks kills when someone goes "OMGZ! TWITCH!" and runs from him giving him time to stack poison and shoot the **** out of you as you go.

Early game he can't do much but killsteal from others. Mid-game he can be strong before everyone gets their items. End game he can sting if you fed the **** out of him midgame.

Stack ranged hero(es) in opposition to his lane and he will have trouble getting coin early on as Ashe, Trist and similar crush him in range and force him to play very very cautiously.

Oracles are good, especially if the Twitchy isnt paying attention to who has it and you wait to get drop damage on him (ie, dont start attacking him instantly on sight, make sure you will finish him).

Teemo shrooms on intersections help a lot if you pay attention to them. That and bushes as even Twitchy uses them a bunch to re-up his Ambush undetected.

And again, stuns/slows make him panic 90% of the time.... and an easy ass kill. Even if he has cleanse, he will probably use it while trying to run like hell.