Countering Twitch

1234511 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FABIOForever

12-12-2009

How do you do it? I've tried and given up. Oracle elixir doesn't detect him in time. Wards don't detect him in time unless you place so many at every point he can come from that your income is crippled. I try taking cleanse to avoid his slow, but it never helps. I try juking to dodge his spray and pray but it never works.

What are you supposed to do against him?

Shrump

12-12-2009

Silienceing him or stunning him works best... once he's stunned he dies in 2 sec flat.

FABIOForever

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrump View Post
Silienceing him or stunning him works best... once he's stunned he dies in 2 sec flat.
What if he has cleanse =(

All I know is that nothing I've tried has worked against him (I have over 100 games under me) and ever since he became free I have yet to see a game where one of the team's Twitches didn't completely carry the game.

Dustinsanity

12-12-2009

I agree. Twitch needs a weakness. Being able to stay invisible, strike from nowhere, and have so much poison stacking is simply unfair. I know he costs a lot to purchase, but that doesn't compensate for being overpowered. He should have very little health as a rat, and shouldn't be able to dominate whatever lane he's in from the beginning.

However, I do think he should have a faster running speed. But anyway, I get raped by Twitch all the time, and he never ceases to swing the game in his favor once his summoner learns how to play with him correctly. He's just a beast. It's ridiculous. I can kill him, be at 4/5 health, and still run off and die from the poison.

Honestly, everyone thinks "Omfg... Twitch!" when they face him. He's like the only character who's to be feared 100% of the time. I've played with him and against him, and I've tried every defense I can, but he can even kill a high-health character in 3.7 seconds flat.

Ryze was nerfed, and duely so.
Twitch needs to be revised, seriously.

puzzletrocity

12-12-2009

Ok I am fed up with people say that Twitch has no weakness. I play Twitch and probably one of the people that have raped and caused people to think Twitch is invincible. But twitch has some mad weaknesses. At first his health is really low at the beginning of the game and has weak magic resistance. Also Twitch is really slow so therefore stunning and silencing work great. Sometimes you shouldnt think of it as a 1v1 battle, its a team game and twitch cant beat a whole team unless you are horrible. Trust me twitch can be beaten and I have done it and I have played him. Also when people build twitch they usually go for attack speed therefore his defense and health remain mostly low. The problem is people solo and thats when twitch gets kills and also twitch is an excellent support so as you are concentrating on the other champion he is finishing you off. really half the time people complain is they are noobs and at a really low level when they fight him and I going to stop because my game is starting.

FABIOForever

12-12-2009

So Twitch is impossible to kill 1on1 and you always have to be in groups? How are you supposed to engage that? Twitch is the one who decides who he's going to engage, and he's not going to walk into any 2on1s that can kill him.

Here's what I see in Twitch encounters. He engages you outside of your range, so you're already at a disadvantage. You are immediately slowed, so running or closing is much harder and you're usually dead before you can do either. If you run, the poison and expunge is usually enough to force you to return to base, in which case Twitch still wins. If you close, then every single spray and pray bolt hits you, and that kind of damage is as bad as Katarina's ultimate, only now it slows, poisons, and has twice the range.

If Twitch has weaknesses just like any other champion, how come I see him steamroll and carry every single game he's in? Do I need to get to level 30 games before I start seeing people who can counter him? I'm just amazed that everyone thinks it's Twisted Fate's gold card that needs top reworking priority right now and not Twitch. I might see an amazing TF once every 20 games, and even he doesn't carry the game like I see Twitch doing every single time.

Really, what are some hard counters to Twitch? Specifics, please. Not just "l2p".

puzzletrocity

12-12-2009

Seriously man you have never seen a twitch being countered it aint hard. just last game someone playing Twitch went negative so it aint impossible. And no you dont have to go in pairs but if u do go along be prepared for twitch attacking you. Also you at the map and see if u can see him if not get near a turret. Also whats wrong of being with a partner that shows how noobish you are. Also twitch's range is **** and he needs he's ultimate to shoot farther which misses all the time. Also twitch has to use an ability to slow u down so you can escape from him. Expunge is powerful I have to admit. Also turrets reveal where twitch is hiding so you know if hes near you. seriously this is the same thing like teemo cause you get killed he's a higher level than you and then everyone starts feeding. Then holly **** its impossible to beat him. give me a break.

Dustinsanity

12-12-2009

Here's your break.
Your quote "be prepared for twitch attacking you."
This is impossible. What're you gonna do? Undo time where he doesn't sneak up on you,
run backwards, out of his range, become un-slowed, un poisoned, gain your bearings and
think about what to do for the split second you're alive? No. There is no preparing for Twitch.
The only time I ever get to kill him first is if he engages me head on, out of stealth, or if he's
already outnumbered. Even in that situation, I get dealt 87% damage before either he's dead
or I get the opportunity to become un-slowed, un-poisoned, and escape. You're trying to defend
Hitler. He strikes, and he wins, until he's finally snuffed out. Except Twitch is worse, because he
respawns.

Heil Twitch!

ibplunderin

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
So Twitch is impossible to kill 1on1 and you always have to be in groups? How are you supposed to engage that? Twitch is the one who decides who he's going to engage, and he's not going to walk into any 2on1s that can kill him.
Well the same can be said for many heroes, its often a deathtrap to happen upon another hero 1v1 in forest or changing lanes. Eve and shaco are also really deadly 1v1.

his weakness is like others have said is stuns/silence/blind. An exhaust will make twitch useless and the only thing twitch has is the ability to surprise people, he is one of if not the weakest hero. If twitch gets kills at the beginning of a game it will probably be almost impossible for you to beat him 1v1 (depending on who you are, tyrand or yi would still destroy him) but then again most carries that get fed early are almost impossible to kill 1v1. He's an assassin, of course he is going to wait and pick off the weakest of heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
Here's what I see in Twitch encounters. He engages you outside of your range, so you're already at a disadvantage. You are immediately slowed, so running or closing is much harder and you're usually dead before you can do either. If you run, the poison and expunge is usually enough to force you to return to base, in which case Twitch still wins. If you close, then every single spray and pray bolt hits you, and that kind of damage is as bad as Katarina's ultimate, only now it slows, poisons, and has twice the range.
If you are talking about engaging you out of range with spray and pray, just walk sideways, you will miss almost all of the bolts. I don't know why any twitch would open up at max spray and pray range on a 1v1, you can just walk sideways away from twitch and he would have wasted his ult, and not deal hardly any damage. It also depends on what champion you are as to how much of a threat twitch is. Twitch is obviously superior in 1v1 to many other champs, mostly other squishy champs since he can get the first few hits in.

I play twitch quite often and it takes skill to not die being twitch. You are so squishy that you have to engage in 1v1's and pick off weak enemies, because thats what you are good at. I mean you wont' see aniva try to jungle would you?

Either way the ways to counter twitch is to just have good map knowledge, have wards/oracles, and have some kind of stun/silence/blind. Because if twitch is blinded and uncloaked there is nothing they can do and will die insanely fast, What champ do you play? If you are seeing a lot of twitch's and are getting cranky at them just get exhaust and oracles/wards, it will severely hurt the effectiveness of twitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
Here's your break.
Your quote "be prepared for twitch attacking you."
This is impossible. What're you gonna do? Undo time where he doesn't sneak up on you,
run backwards, out of his range, become un-slowed, un poisoned, gain your bearings and
think about what to do for the split second you're alive? No. There is no preparing for Twitch.
Of course you can be prepared for twitch attacking you, just like you prepare for eve or shaco ganking you while you are walking around by yourself. Saying you will only be alive for a split second is ridiculous unless you are really low health in which case you deserve to get jumped by twitch since you know he is in your game and missing. You just have to play more cautiously.

puzzletrocity

12-12-2009

i would quote u plunderin but its too long.

1234511 ... 25