Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Bich's Guide to Tryndamere "King of this patch"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

06-21-2010

Quote:
fredyybob:
For runes, would AP glyphs be a good choice? he has a good ratio on his heal (1.5 x 8 = 12) which would make it much more effective, with nine AP/Lvl it would be an extra 350 heal. his spinning slash too to an extent but rather insignificant.

.. how many times yet it has to be said... AP ratio on Bloodlust is added only ONCE

Denambren

06-21-2010

Quote:
fredyybob:
For runes, would AP glyphs be a good choice? he has a good ratio on his heal (1.5 x 8 = 12) which would make it much more effective, with nine AP/Lvl it would be an extra 350 heal. his spinning slash too to an extent but rather insignificant.

The 1.5 ratio is calculated once for the total heal, and not per bloodlust stack.

So no, AP runes are not a good choice on Tryndamere.

fredyybob

06-22-2010

Quote:
Denambren:
The 1.5 ratio is calculated once for the total heal, and not per bloodlust stack.

So no, AP runes are not a good choice on Tryndamere.

ty, makes sense

Lynxion

06-22-2010

Nice gravedigging.

Cyst

06-22-2010

Quote:
Lynxion:
Nice gravedigging.

Yup nice grave digging of HORRIABLE GUIDE

armor pen? WTF YOU THINK THIS IS????

Learn math I don't feel like repeating myself crit chance > armor pen on tyrn

Epimyth

Recruiter

06-22-2010

Imagine my surprise to see this floating around the top page lmao. I wish I was around to answer some of the questions that popped up after i stopped playing. This guide worked well for me when it was written despite being controversial then.

Some things to keep it relevant:

Trynd, and the entire game for that matter, has changed Drastically since this was written. I play Trynd now in an entirely different way with entirely different items.

-Trynd can now ult while CC'd so play very aggressively and focus on ArPen/AS (Last Whisper/Starks) and IE ASAP. This works because Trynd's passive well makes up for the lack of crit chance now.

-Also due to his ultimate changes, use cleanse to either get in and do work or to get out safely after an engagement, its very easy to survive insane odds now.

-Do not buy HP item or use HP runes on Trynd as there's no longer any reason to be able to tank some damage before entering a fight. This used to help for early game roam and ganks but I feel Trynd is much better in the lane with his recent changes, so stay there and farm as much as you can.

-Do not buy AP items. This is just /facepalm in my opinion. Trynd shouldn't be trying to heal himself, that's counter intuitive to his play style. He is designed to do more damage at lower HP due to his increased critical strike chance. Healing or having a ton of health are both things to avoid in my opinion.

-Do not stack crit chance. Trynd's passive used to net him more critical damage, making crit chance a desirable stat. It now however, increases his crit chance, making ArPen/AS/Crit Dmg more desirable stats.

Quote:
Yup nice grave digging of HORRIABLE GUIDE

armor pen? WTF YOU THINK THIS IS????

Learn math I don't feel like repeating myself crit chance > armor pen on tyrn
I don't know if you're joking or being serious, not sure what that says about your level of communication. At any rate, things have changed a lot (items and Trynd's Passive/Ult) since this was written. I personally think crit chance is absolutely useless on him now outside of what you get from a double elixir/IE. /shrug.

Funny that you should keep in line with the original haters in this thread seeing as the guide was written several months before you even played the game =P

Dixta

06-22-2010

Wewt, many things I want to try with trynd now. Bich what have you been doing with trynd. My usual games consist of rusing a zeal then going for merc treds and IE. After that depending on team I go last wisperer of finish zeal. Any thoughts?

Epimyth

Recruiter

06-22-2010

Quote:
Dixta:
Wewt, many things I want to try with trynd now. Bich what have you been doing with trynd. My usual games consist of rusing a zeal then going for merc treds and IE. After that depending on team I go last wisperer of finish zeal. Any thoughts?

Back when i wrote this guide I was playing with some of the best at the time. Crit items were good not only due to Trynd's old passive but also because at that level of play you had to be useful right out of the fountain (which is why I used to early elixir/gank). Games were decided in some cases by the outcome of the level 1 5v5 or sometime between 10 and 15 minutes later.

Now, that the game has changed, and so has Trynd I find crit items to be less useful. For one, the game has more emphasis on fighting and winning fights later in the game than earlier. This gives Trynd the first 15 to 25 minutes to just farm up an ArPen/AS +/Infinity Edge combo and literally run over teams. Secondly, Trynd's passive more than makes up for the need to get any crit items outside of IE and/or Youmuu's Ghostblade which brings me to my next point.

If you want to start out with a crit item grab gauntlets and turn it into an avarice early. From here build boots then turn that avarice into Youmuu's ASAP. Buy IE, pop Youmuu's when you get in a fight, cleanse and laugh at the poor carry you're smashing. Otherwise a cheaper alternative that works quite well is regular boots/health pots -> Last Whisper -> IE.

Those are my thoughts on Tryndamere now vs Tryndamere then.

Hope that helps =)

Cyst

06-22-2010

Quote:
Bich:

-Do not stack crit chance. Trynd's passive used to net him more critical damage, making crit chance a desirable stat. It now however, increases his crit chance, making ArPen/AS/Crit Dmg more desirable stats.

I don't know if you're joking or being serious, not sure what that says about your level of communication.

Q is based of your chance to crit... There is no base crit chance on any hero anymore

So you log into game you have 0 crit chance without runes

Quote:

Tryndamere thrives on the thrills of combat. Whenever Tryndamere kills a unit he temporarily gains increased attack damage and critical strike chance.

Spell Effect
Passive: Whenever Tryndamere kills a unit or critically strikes, he gains 4 Attack Damage and 1.5/2.25/3/3.75/4.5% increased critical strike damage for 15 seconds (stackable 8 times). Killing a unit or critically striking while not bloodlusted applies 2 stacks instead of 1.
Active: Tryndamere consumes his Bloodlusts, restoring 10/20/30/40/50 health(+1.5 per ability power) per bloodlust.

Spell Stats
Cooldown14/13/12/11/10 secondsCost0Range 319
4.5 * 8 = 36% Crit damage
4 * 8 = 32 AD

Your build
With 1 HP you have 50% Crit chance
With full hp you have no crit chance
and lets round off to 30 armor pen runes

lets say our enemy has 100 armor
You get last whisper
against 100 armor enemy
100 armor = (100-30) - ((100-30) *.4)
42 Armor!!!!

Mine
Same skills apply.
but unlike you i have 30% chance to crit instead of ZERO

same 100 armor
I get last whisper but have no armor pen
100 armor = (100) - ((100) *.4)
60 armor!!!!

difference of 18 armor pen.... so instead of crit chance you gain 18 armor pen from your runes

I attack you, I CRIT I do 36% more damage than you but you have 18 more armor then me... which is better?
36% (actually 36% + 200% = 236%) more damage??? or 18 armor????

IE only has 50% this is what 14% less?

You get IE (and I get IE but just to show increase in crit chance on your part does not improve your damage output) ... sure not you have 20% crit chance with full health ... while i have now 40%

WTF I AM STILL DOING AT LEAST DOUBLE YOUR DAMAGE???
Maybe it gets better with low health...?

0.5% per 1% health missing.

hold on whats this maybe armor pen wins!!

you have exactly 100% hp at 1% hp left you gain ~ 50 crit chance WAIT YOU MIGHT WIN!
you now have 20% + 50% ... I now have 40% + 50%

I have 90% Chance to crit you have 70% chance

WAIT hold on ... you have 30% chance not to crit? NOT applying the 36% bonus damage??? while i have 10% chance.....

What does this all mean...
It means YOU MUST GIMP YOUR DAMAGE TO GET EQUAL DAMAGE <- IRONIC LOL

You have to get crit chance items to get more damage...

While I just stack that lovely AD ... Like blood thirstys... and IE... and black cleaver.... O MY

Crit Chance > Armor Pen on tyrn

Simple math

Yes cause your little 400 wins can not compare to my 600 it is obvious you have played alot longer...

Lynxion

06-22-2010

I'm with Cyst on this one, if you play Tryndamere, you want a full page of Crit Chance Runes. I don't get why he doesn't buy IE though, 286 Crit Damage > 236, but hey what do I know.

Edit: Even though the ***** rejected my friend invite. =( QQ